hi, just got my blackberry bold 9700 today and correct me if im wrong the lock button is now at the top? instead of the right or left side convenience keys is there any way of changing this? also when i do lock it, the screen turns black right away is there a way of leaving it lit for a few seconds before locking up?

thanks
    07-13-10 09:48 PM
    Top left = Lock (some of the newer OS 5s kill that)
    Top right= Mute/Standby
    07-13-10 10:23 PM
    Is it just me or is that kind of a waste of the top right button? just my opinion
    07-13-10 10:24 PM
    Is it just me or is that kind of a waste of the top right button? just my opinion
    It's just you haha

I love the Lock Button on my tour and hate that my 8330 doesn't have it.
    07-13-10 10:27 PM
    Not really. The mute function is very useful and for those who do not use a
    case with the sleeper function a dedicated standby button is a definite
    battery saver.
    07-13-10 10:33 PM
    I love the dedicated standby button don't get me wrong but it just seems, and this is my opinion, something more useful could have been done with the top right button, but to each their own
    07-13-10 10:38 PM
    Such as. I'm curious as to your ideas on what else. I never considered it for anything
    other than what it is purposed for but I'm always interested in different viewpoints.
    07-13-10 10:54 PM
    Well one of the features I liked on the new curve was the media keys up top, this phone only having the 1 button (not counting the standby one) itd be hard to do, also never played with it while using music. Don't really have any other ideas yet but I'm sure I could think of something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 11:02 PM
    Such as. I'm curious as to your ideas on what else. I never considered it for anything
    other than what it is purposed for but I'm always interested in different viewpoints.
    would be nice to use the top..R..key...for the<<Camera and free up one of the side key for a Preferred...App...
    07-13-10 11:24 PM
    would be nice to use the top..R..key...for the<<Camera and free up one of the side key for a Preferred...App...
    The problem there is no matter what it is set to do people will want it to do
    something else. I knew what the button did before I bought the device and
    I have always been good with it.

Besides I use QuickLaunch. I have 4 apps set to the left convenience key and
    4 to the right. Add to that the many shortcuts I have in the app itself and
    the top right key being used for standby is a non issue for me.
    07-14-10 12:20 AM
    The problem there is no matter what it is set to do people will want it to do
    something else. I knew what the button did before I bought the device and
    I have always been good with it.

Besides I use QuickLaunch. I have 4 apps set to the left convenience key and
    4 to the right. Add to that the many shortcuts I have in the app itself and
    the top right key being used for standby is a non issue for me.
    I should have mention...Since update to...5.0.0.743...From rogers...Standby key no longer fonctionable...This is why i suggest the standby key for the<<Camera...
    07-14-10 01:04 AM
    I should have mention...Since update to...5.0.0.743...From rogers...Standby key no longer fonctionable...This is why i suggest the standby key for the<<Camera...
    Totally understandable. I am however on my carrier release (.602) and both
    buttons work as they should. Were I on another carrier release I am sure I'd be
    singing a completely different tune.
    07-14-10 01:34 AM
    Maybe make the top right a 3rd convince key? I as well use QL so its not a huge deal just somwthing I was pondering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD