I have a blackberry 8130 with Alltel so I dont have a Simm card. The guy told me he could load the old phone book on a floppy and I can swap it over onto my phone with a computer. I went to best buy and bought a minisd card and gave them the floppy to load on it. I plugged in the SD and cant get it to load to my phone book. When I plug my phone to the computer, it says that the phone book was saved as an Excel file through windows. How can I save myself the hassle of adding these numbers one at a time???? I HATE not haveing a SIMM card!!!!!!!
    10-07-08 09:08 PM
    Hmm, how did they save the address book? A backup should have been done through Desktop Manager, that would probably be the easiest way.
    10-07-08 09:13 PM
    how do you do this? Right now I have the phone book saved as an Excel file on my desktop computer. What do I need to do?
    10-07-08 09:16 PM
    In Excel convert the file to a .csv file (Comma Separated Value).
    Import that file into Outlook and then sync the BB
    10-07-08 09:16 PM
    When I try to save it as comma seperated value. It only give me three options for CSV. Macintoch, MS-DOS, and comma delimited
    10-07-08 09:37 PM
    When I try to save it as comma seperated value. It only give me three options for CSV. Macintoch, MS-DOS, and comma delimited
    Use MS-DOS
    10-07-08 10:01 PM
    I dont have outlook. Should I save it to computer as the MS-DOS file and then use my aol e-mail to e-mail it to myself?
    10-07-08 10:10 PM
    I dont have outlook. Should I save it to computer as the MS-DOS file and then use my aol e-mail to e-mail it to myself?
    This I have no idea about as I don't use AOL email.
    10-07-08 10:31 PM
    I don't know any way to read an address book from a microSD card. If you don't have Outlook, do you have Outlook Express? I think it typically comes with IE. If you have it, you can import the CSV file into OE and sync that to your device.
    10-07-08 10:44 PM
    I've been able to directly import .csv Contacts files directly into several bb's using the ASCII sync in Desktop Manager. The trick I'm slowly learning is to first do an export from the bb using the ASCII sync and then use that Excel template to cut and paste into. Seems the field mappings are very critical to getting things in the right place.
    10-08-08 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD