How long does it take for the O.S. to start working?? the bb is stuck on the reboot screen!!
    06-08-07 06:09 PM
    I personally say the whole process take about 30 minutes! But, of course that depends on the device; and since you've not advised us...well, you get the point...
    06-08-07 06:40 PM
    I personally say the whole process take about 30 minutes! But, of course that depends on the device; and since you've not advised us...well, you get the point...
    bbpearl sorry i didn't inform you but it's like this ... my friend bought my 8100 off me unlocked and im cing and he's Tmo, but we're trying to put Tmo software(or O.S) on the 8100 and couldn't. Could someone please tell me how, step by step, u could do this... i'm learning the crackberry way of doing things but it's something i'm doing wrong, what..idk
    06-08-07 07:01 PM
    Before you started this process, did you:
    1. Install the latest O.S. onto your pc?
    2. Remove the vendor.xml file, from your pc? - do a search for it, if you don't know where it is. Make sure show system files is NOT checked...
    3. Run Desktop Manager (DM)?
    4. Connect your Pearl to the PC?
    5. The system should automatically start the install (because the vendor.xml file is missing), if not double click on application loader...
    Last edited by kasperapd; 06-10-07 at 12:35 AM. Reason: fixed file name
    06-08-07 07:31 PM
    Before you started this process, did you:
    1. Install the latest O.S. onto your pc?
    2. Remove the vendor.alx file, from your pc? - do a search for it, if you don't know where it is. Make sure show system files is NOT checked...
    3. Run Desktop Manager (DM)?
    4. Connect your Pearl to the PC?
    5. The system should automatically start the install (because the vendor.alx file is missing), if not double click on application loader...
    THX i hope this works.
    06-09-07 03:32 PM
    The file is actually called vendor.xml
    06-10-07 12:35 AM
    I'm confused...when I download 8100 OS from Tmo.com and then delete the vendor.xml file wouldn't that delete Tmo apps? I did delete the file and was not prompted 2 update on DM, so I did App Loadr and it didn't really let me select the file, what am I doin wrong? This is my first time tryn this so please bear with me if you will.also when I did try this I wasn't really sure what I did but the phone still had Cing theme & nothin Tmo at all??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-07 08:13 AM
    "...delete the vendor.xml file wouldn't that delete Tmo apps?" No, it doesn't.

Once you've done the install of the software on your pc, and moved / deleted the vendor file, open Desktop Manager, connect your BlackBerry, the system should see it a NEW device and force an install to start.

BUT, if it doesn't, doing the Application Loader should still do the trick. This is all on the basis that the vendor file was moved from it's location or deleted...

ps: after you did all that, I take it you went to Options / Themes / and looked for OTHER themes, right?
    06-13-07 08:22 AM
    "...delete the vendor.xml file wouldn't that delete Tmo apps?" No, it doesn't.

Once you've done the install of the software on your pc, and moved / deleted the vendor file, open Desktop Manager, connect your BlackBerry, the system should see it a NEW device and force an install to start.

BUT, if it doesn't, doing the Application Loader should still do the trick. This is all on the basis that the vendor file was moved from it's location or deleted...

ps: after you did all that, I take it you went to Options / Themes / and looked for OTHER themes, right?
    yes i did. i checked themes and it was the same way it was before i started the whole process. i couldnt respond quicker because i didnt see the post on my bb. wonder why after i posted my question i couldnt see it on wap forums? Anyhow i'm going to try and make this happen once again...with the OS download
    06-13-07 03:02 PM
    After you post via WAP, you should do a page refresh. That way you see your post, and also if anyone else posted in the interim...
    06-13-07 04:51 PM
    After you post via WAP, you should do a page refresh. That way you see your post, and also if anyone else posted in the interim...
    i hate to keep bothering you all with this but when i get to the app loader(no auto prompts) what exactly do i select... i dont get to select anything and it says it will delete the something library file and that's all i get.
    06-13-07 05:06 PM
    Something is wrong, either the software was not installed properly, or the vendor file was not moved / deleted.

ps: you are moving / deleting the vendor file AFTER you've installed the software, right? And the wizard is not open at the time, and Desktop Manager is closed, too, right?
    06-13-07 05:17 PM
    Something is wrong, either the software was not installed properly, or the vendor file was not moved / deleted.

ps: you are moving / deleting the vendor file AFTER you've installed the software, right? And the wizard is not open at the time, and Desktop Manager is closed, too, right?
    yes. i delete the file after i installed it and and close it then open DM and plug in BB and nothin. i run app loader and for some reason it doesn't really let me select anything
    06-13-07 05:24 PM
    ok i've seemed to get the t mo os 4.2.0.64(2.2.0.37) but i still have cing 102 id and themes as well. How do i get the Tmo themes and such on here now?
    06-13-07 05:41 PM
    Not sure then. The next best person who know this well, is Kasperapd. But, he is not too well at present. If he is, am sure he'll drop in, and assist...

Wait, let's take a step back here. It's a BlackBerry Pearl, right? And what version of the O.S. did you download? Maybe that's where the issue is. Maybe we should try the one from the CD that came withthe device (should be old than the present one, online)...
    06-13-07 05:44 PM
    Not sure then. The next best person who know this well, is Kasperapd. But, he is not too well at present. If he is, am sure he'll drop in, and assist...

Wait, let's take a step back here. It's a BlackBerry Pearl, right? And what version of the O.S. did you download? Maybe that's where the issue is. Maybe we should try the one from the CD that came withthe device (should be old than the present one, online)...
    Yes it is a pearl from cing i think before it was 4.2.0.67, then i went to Tmo.com and downloaded vers.4.2.0.64(plat.2.2.0.37) but it still has cing themes and everything. i had never updated my os the one that came out of the box was vers.4.2.0.67. seems the one from Tmo.com is older version.
    06-13-07 06:03 PM
    Forgive me, I'm still not feeling well, and didn't read all the posts here, but why are you trying to downgrade to T-Mobile OS? What are you trying to accomplish with that?
    06-14-07 04:01 PM
    Forgive me, I'm still not feeling well, and didn't read all the posts here, but why are you trying to downgrade to T-Mobile OS? What are you trying to accomplish with that?
    I'm a newbie and pretty new at all this but i sold to my friend my unlocked pearl from cingular... and he has Tmo, so he was wanting Tmo O.S. (software on the pearl) so i thought i could go to Tmo.com and get there O.S. for the pearl and that is how we ended up here. He just wants Tmo apps on the phone, how can we go about this process??
    06-14-07 06:33 PM
    What apps is he wanting on the phone?
    06-14-07 06:36 PM
    What apps is he wanting on the phone?
    He just wants the Tmo O.S. on there with tzones and bb browser and he wants to be able to use MyFaves as well...What O.S. would you recommend and how would you go about making the cing pearl, as Tmobile like as possible??
    06-15-07 02:34 PM
    I would personally keep the new OS that is already on there. He will have tzones and BB browser on there. That is controlled by service books, not OS. Now for MyFaves, I don't use this, but from what I've read, the icons will only appear on actual T-Mobile devices. He can still use MyFaves from this Pearl, but he'll have to log on to the T-Mobile website to set them up and change them.

That's about all you can do, the Cingular splash screen will always be there when the phone boots up.
    06-15-07 02:46 PM
    MyFaves - go to your T-Mobile account, online, and do a MyFaves refresh, and it will send a message to the device, and the icons will appear...
    06-15-07 08:11 PM
    MyFaves - go to your T-Mobile account, online, and do a MyFaves refresh, and it will send a message to the device, and the icons will appear...
    Cool guys, thanks for your input, i will contact him and try to help him understand what you guys are suggesting! I'll come back and give an update on this!
    06-15-07 09:07 PM
    Have him signup, and post himself. Join the addiction...
    06-15-07 09:11 PM
    Have him signup, and post himself. Join the addiction...
    He did actually a few days ago... but he is yet to post anything, i dont even know his user name yet, but once he gets it up and running he'll be hooked like the rest us. GUARANTEED!! LOL
    06-15-07 09:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD