I upgraded my OS from 5 to 6.0.0.448

Now I am trying to shrink it to get some extra space, but I cannot find my loader files in C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > Loader. In fact the folder doesn't even exist.

I upgraded using DM. Is there any way to find my loader files? I've done searches but the threads that came up did not seem to have a solution

Thanks
    03-02-11 04:26 PM
    Is "Research In Motion device software" in the Add/remove software list?
    03-02-11 04:29 PM
    Is "Research In Motion device software" in the Add/remove software list?
    If you're talkin about the Add or remove program thing in windows, no it's not =\ only Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.1
    03-02-11 04:35 PM
    That's why you are not seeing the the files. If you reinstall the device software onto your PC you will see the files again.

I can't say what they are not there anymore.
    03-02-11 04:45 PM
    That's why you are not seeing the the files. If you reinstall the device software onto your PC you will see the files again.

I can't say what they are not there anymore.
    Sry for my ignorance but is the Desktop Manager the "device software" you are talking about?

I uninstalled the 6.0 and installed the 5.0 one with the service pack and everything but I still don't see the files..
    03-02-11 05:18 PM
    You should be seeing both BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device OS Software.

If not, repeat the install of the device software.
    03-02-11 05:20 PM
    Is this it?

I have both device and desktop software now, but the Loader files folder is still not there.. Is there something I missed doing? Should I reinstall the OS just so it can refresh/sync again?
    03-02-11 05:35 PM
    Is this it?

I have both device and desktop software now, but the Loader files folder is still not there.. Is there something I missed doing? Should I reinstall the OS just so it can refresh/sync again?
    No, if you do not see both Desktop software and Device Software listed in the add or remove programs list you will need to reinstall the Device OS software onto your PC.

EDIT: In Add or Remove programs it should say "BlackBerry Device Software Vx.x.x for the Blackberry yyyy". x=your OS version and y=your phone model number.
    Last edited by valorian; 03-02-11 at 06:25 PM.
    03-02-11 06:22 PM
    OK i finally understand what's goin on now lol I have it all cleared up

Thanks a lot guys and especially valorian, I appreciate your help
    03-02-11 06:38 PM
    THat's what we are here for. To help people with their crackberry addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD