Can someone please point me to the instructions for reloading device software using windows 7?? I used to go to program files to start but now im not sure where to go.
    thanks
    09-22-11 07:11 PM
    ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked
    versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, navigate to
    •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    7. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    09-22-11 07:53 PM
    Can someone please point me to the instructions for reloading device software using windows 7?? I used to go to program files to start but now im not sure where to go.
    thanks
    If you are referring to device software as your BB? What is wrong with doing it thru your DM if you are talking about reloading or upgrading your carriers official version of the OS?
    This way when plugging in your BB to your PC even Windows 7 does not matter, ans opening your DM the software would have been pushed to your Dm and you can start the process.

If you are installing a leak and have DLd it to your say desktop, removed all other software versions from add/remove programs and installed the leak to your PCopen up the file folder for RIM and remove(Delete) the vendor.xml file and then use the apploader to install no different than you did before. Good luck and give me a thanks when it works for you.
    09-22-11 07:54 PM
    Well at least Rosebud and I are on the same page and he beat my post by mins. I talk and have more to say...lol
    Good job Rosebud.
    09-22-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD