does anyone use after its launch 6 months ago
    it was all going so well apart from massive battery drain ?
    i heard they were trying to go with a liveprofile 2.0
    but even thats went quiet
    09-25-11 10:18 AM
    That app for blackberry users needs a really big upgrade. It didn't have much to offer me honestly. Apart from being able to simply chat w my iphone n droid using friends and I could just text them instead. There is no pic sharing like on bbm but then again nothing can really do what bbm does.

And LiveProfile was very buggy status' wouldn't update, profile pics wouldn't load, people would still be on my friend list even after I deleted them...

I hope 2.0 is much better for blackberry users

There has been no word from their twitter account and they were sooo responsive when this was first released

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    daveshiz likes this.
    09-25-11 10:35 PM
    I have it on my OS7 device and it works fine. I emailed the developer and he sent me the correct OTA download for my device.
    09-26-11 07:31 AM
    I use it. I love it.
    09-26-11 08:37 AM
    I use it as well. The most reliable text app that I've seen outside of BBM.

The only main issue that I've had is this:

If I reboot my phone, LP will start to drain the battery pretty badly. I'm talking drain an idle BB in half a day bad. I've been forced to uninstall it anytime that I do a battery pull, or reboot after updating other apps. After the device has rebooted, I re-install and it is fine. Weird quirk.

What I find very strange is how they have all but disappeared in terms of customer service and keeping users up to date. I've sent in support e-mails regarding the above issue several times and never heard back. They've fallen off the planet when it comes to maintaining Twitter and their blog. They haven't tweeted anything in over a month, and indicated LP 2.0 'coming soon' way back on August 10th.

I do hope that they realize that building the first version isn't enough. They need to stay engaged with customers, continue to promote, and continue to support.
    09-26-11 11:36 AM
    Nope don't use it.
    Lack of support and people I know just stopped.
    It had its hype and they didn't feed off that correctly.
    09-26-11 12:26 PM
    Is Live Profile being supported for BlackBerry still?
    11-22-11 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD