I currently have 4 live email accounts linked into my bb tour. 1 account receives email super fast while the other 3 take 20 or so minutes before they come in. Also, when the mail icons appear on the application screen, only the working one has a different icon (meaning mail icon with live's little orange envelope) and the others do not. Any thoughts on the drag in delivery or mail icons? Thanks people!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 09:49 PM
    I'm not sure if it's still an option but when I setup my hotmail account through the Email Settings folder, there was the option to change it from pop to imap. Mine wouldn't work that well until I did the switch. Like I said though, it's been awhile and hotmail was completely overhauled recently, but my hotmail still works.

09-01-10 11:52 PM
    I have two live.co.uk accounts (and outlook account) all piped through the one inbox and they're superfast
    Maybe just delete the slow accounts and re-add them
    09-02-10 02:36 AM
    I've had the same issue with it. When the little orange envelope disappears, emails come really, really slow. To correct this, you have to delete the service books associated with the email account(s) and resend them. That's what works for me, but it's really annoying because if you reset the device or even change your theme the icon will disappear and go back to the generic one. I really hope it gets corrected soon.
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-02-10 at 02:47 AM.
    09-02-10 02:41 AM
    I currently have 4 live email accounts linked into my bb tour. 1 account receives email super fast while the other 3 take 20 or so minutes before they come in. Also, when the mail icons appear on the application screen, only the working one has a different icon (meaning mail icon with live's little orange envelope) and the others do not. Any thoughts on the drag in delivery or mail icons? Thanks people!

I have had similar problems with hotmail, but I wasn't getting any come through at all, so although I have emails still sent to that addreess, I have set up a SKY email and set up forwarding from my Hotmail account. SKY emails come through instantly, even the forwarded Hotmail ones, but the Hotmail account on its own only delivers them to me like 8 to 10 hours after the original was sent.

09-02-10 04:40 AM
    Hotmail is POP3, not IMAP now. If you want faster delivery, you need to use Gmail or Yahoo mail.

09-02-10 08:30 AM
    Hotmail is POP3, not IMAP now. If you want faster delivery, you need to use Gmail or Yahoo mail.

But why would 1 of the four accounts work flawlessly?

09-02-10 11:01 AM
    Have you tried accessing your hotmail account through your pc and looked at your settings. My guess is the account that is working fine has different settings possibly different security protocols set in place. Change the other 3 to match the first.

09-02-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD