Thought some people might need a small chuckle

So I'm driving home today and chatting on bbm I put my phone back in my pocket and instead of hearing my little notifier I feel my phone vibrate. Startled I pull out my phone and my sound is restored. After replying and telling myself I imagined it I stuff the phone back in my coat pocket. Low and behold my phone starts vibrating again, confused I pull it out and notice that it's in sleep mode . . . but not in its holster and then I notice one of the magnetized rocks that I picked up from the toy store on the back of my BB. I left them in my coat pocket and every time I put my BB in they sat just right to put it in sleep mode.
    03-31-09 11:40 AM
    LOL! Excellent story.

Thanks ginya-san
    03-31-09 11:42 AM
    Hmmmm....think if I did the same with Pop rocks it would vibrate more wildly? Or would all the sugar cause it to never enter sleep mode (at least that's what happens with children)?
    03-31-09 11:45 AM
    Lol If pop rocks make my phone go crazy I'm going to be scared it goes off enough as it is!
    03-31-09 11:54 AM
    didnt anyone notice that she said she was on bbm AND Driving?!??!
    03-31-09 12:25 PM
    And you thought it was your personal magnetism.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:49 PM
    didnt anyone notice that she said she was on bbm AND Driving?!??!
    Yep, I do this quiet frequently in fact I'd say about 80% of the time I chat I'm driving. I have spacious roads to drive and I can efficiently multitask
    03-31-09 01:23 PM
    Hey gin-thanks for the chuckle and don't get urself a ticket for that 'multitasking' it costs a lot these days!!

03-31-09 02:08 PM
    It's not illegal here If it was I'd be S.O.L. now speeding on the other hand . . . that I may yet get a ticket for.
    03-31-09 02:50 PM
    i dont usually text/bbm email or surf the net unless im at a light or stuck in traffic. i guess its easier for you since its not illegal
    04-02-09 08:32 AM
    Haha that is great! Seems like something I would do and then later realizethat my coat doesn't magical bb powers.
    04-02-09 08:44 AM
    *Chuckles* Nice. See, they have a billion different uses! I love those little Magnets XD
    04-09-09 12:12 PM
    i will have to go find some... the case i LOVE doesn't have a strong enough magnate (or it is is the wrong place) so it doesnt work
    04-09-09 12:47 PM
    hilarious.
    04-09-09 01:23 PM
    Chelsey, you can get wafer magnets and some fabric glue and a little cloth and add it into your case to correct that. I did it for my wifes' purse, in her cell pouch, so that she could use the sleep function.

04-09-09 01:54 PM
    I was always taught to keep magnets away from electronic devices. This all seems very strange...

And yes, I do understand it's by design, but it still seems strange.
    04-09-09 02:08 PM
    Chelsey, you can get wafer magnets and some fabric glue and a little cloth and add it into your case to correct that. I did it for my wifes' purse, in her cell pouch, so that she could use the sleep function.

oooo thanks berger!!!!

will have to look into that.
    04-09-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD