i know it has a magnet in it that controls the key lock and all that happy stuff...

but the pouch is basically useless.. i mean put a clip or SOMETHING on it right??

then i got the thinkin... what if i took that magnet out of the pouch and put it somewhere else.

being an OTR (over the road) trucker, my phone usually sits in the same place on the truck (..meaning it sits within reaching distance of the drivers seat) and having it inside the pouch thingy is kinda dumb....but what if, say, i hung it on the dash board with some self adheasive velcro and put the magnet on the dash behind the phone so when it was hanging there... the keys would be dissabled and when i got a call i could just pull it off the velcro (away from the magnet) and answer.....

wow... long winded post..sorry.

anyone else mess around with moding there phone/accessories??

OH one other question.. with the battery door removed, i notice there is a port for an antenna extension...again.. being an OTR trucker.. i get into some places where signal is scarce...but even if i DO find an adapter for an external antenna...how do i use it with the battery door on.. or do i have to leave it off.. or is there a replacement door with a cut out for the port.. blah blah blah...

ill say it for you.. "STFU nOOb!!!"

Last edited by THE_BEANER; 05-25-08 at 10:22 AM.
    05-25-08 10:20 AM
    I agree! I guess an aftermarket clip is on the horizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 10:24 AM
    I like the "little pouch thingy" it's thin and fits inside my suit jacket. I love clips, but it seems I drop my phone putting it in or taking it out of them. I'm sticking to the pouch until I can find something that thin.

05-25-08 10:35 AM
    what im wondering tho is if the magnet is in that extra pice that is sewn on to look deceptivly like a clip/beltloop thing....or is it throughout the whole pouch??

if its just in that part thats sewn on... ill just un-sew it and stick that on me dashboard behind the phone....

or i could just leave well enough alone....

...why must i tear everything apart?
    05-25-08 11:53 AM
    I alwys thought that channel was for the trackball.

After going thru a number of holster/case threads and seeing "and I got it at Verizon" always mentioned I simply went there today, quite a selection. Quality stuff as well, many of which have the little magnet to put the phone on standby. They had the cool Seido clip holster as well.

05-25-08 12:04 PM
    well yeah.. i guess anyone could buy the correct thing....

but whats the fun in that??

that and at the moment im so poor, i cant even afford to pay attention..

so building a neat thingy like that for the down and dirty low low price of 'free' would make me happier then a fart in the wind...

i know i know.... 'shut up nOOb...'...
    05-25-08 12:09 PM
    hahahaha
    wow i never even knew the pouch had the magnet i just saw that it didnt have a clip and put it back in the box and its been there since

lol oh well i bought a gel skin and it wont fit in there with it anyways
    05-25-08 12:11 PM
    well yeah.. i guess anyone could buy the correct thing....

but whats the fun in that??

that and at the moment im so poor, i cant even afford to pay attention..

so building a neat thingy like that for the down and dirty low low price of 'free' would make me happier then a fart in the wind...

i know i know.... 'shut up nOOb...'...

take an old shoe/boot, refrigerator magnet, a staple gun ......... and you're all set

05-25-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD