First of all, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I can't see an obvious place to put it and the other threads asking similar questions are all over the place.

I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9780 with a Vodafone plan and very soon that contract will expire. I love most of the Bold's features but there are a couple of things that grate on me. For example:

• The screen brightness even on the lowest setting is way too bright for me, and though tinted screen protectors can be bought I don't think I should really have to buy something else too to save on eye strain.
    • It's far too easy to install an app that spams you, in my opinion, and far too difficult to identify which app is doing it if you've recently installed more than one so that you can get rid of it.
    • Restarting the handset seems excessively slow. Before the Bold I used a Nokia smartphone which didn't take anywhere near as much time to restart.
    • Several times the phone has frozen up and I've had to take out the battery in order to restart it. At first I thought it was a CPU/memory issue. But then I discovered how to clear the memory out, and this week it's done it a few times just trying to click appworld update messages with nothing else open at the time and the memory only having been cleared out a couple of days ago.

I realise that these are relatively minor issues, but they annoy all the same. I was hoping to find a phone, - Blackberry or otherwise, - which didn't have these issues. I know next to nothing about other models or rival smartphones, and my google searches haven't given me very clear results, if any. Which is why I'm posting here. Phones4U has a page which is meant to help you choose a smartphone based on which features you require, but it won't run either on my laptop or on my Bold.

Is anyone able to suggest any phones for me to have a look at? Has RIM corrected any of these issues on any new models? I don't really need bluetooth, but being able to play music, connect to emails, and install an ereader would be useful. I also use the camera quite a lot. I did buy the official UK driving theory test app a while ago too, because the dvd-rom version wouldn't run on my laptop either. So I'd prefer either a Blackberry or something that this particular app can be installed on if possible.

Thanks in advance.
    08-02-12 02:27 PM
    BB 9790...same size as 9780 with better hardware.

I am not sure of the length of a contract for you but that is what I would do. Then next Summer I would get a new BB 10 phone. Don't get me wrong, I have a BB 9900 and love it, but it seems like you want to stick with what works for you.
    08-02-12 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD