Yeah, what X said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 02:18 PM
    Well I'll be. So should I just do it the way I did, but dragging? I didn't click on anything from the pop up box when I connected to the laptop. I just opened files and starated dragging them to the storage device
    03-22-09 02:19 PM
    xlider, I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say to drag it to /blackberrry/pictures folder. Where is that?
    03-22-09 02:20 PM
    Well I'll be. So should I just do it the way I did, but dragging? I didn't click on anything from the pop up box when I connected to the laptop. I just opened files and starated dragging them to the storage device
    That's just fine. You can do multiple pics by holding the Ctll key down and clicking on each pic you want to drag. When you have selected all the pics then let go of the Ctl key and drag the highlighted files to the /Blackberry/Pictures folder.
    03-22-09 02:21 PM
    On your card there should be folders in there... The maoin one said blackberry and the next level has 4 or 5 folders in it if you don't have that you may have to format the card via the phone

03-22-09 02:22 PM
    xlider, I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say to drag it to /blackberrry/pictures folder. Where is that?
    If you see the Media card files, it should appear as Blackberry, correct? Double click on Blackberry and it should expand the file system to more folders like Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.

You want to copy your pics to Pictures.
    03-22-09 02:23 PM
    do you mean on the phone?
    03-22-09 02:23 PM
    Chelseytx, I'll let you take over, I promise this time....

I gotta do something anyway.
    03-22-09 02:24 PM
    ya after i click on bberry i get music, pictures, rintone, videos, and voicenotes
    03-22-09 02:25 PM
    No in my computer under removable disk

03-22-09 02:25 PM
    i go to comp. double click on storage and i see a folder that says bberry. double click on that and i see subtitles like pics, tones etc. so i click on pics?
    03-22-09 02:30 PM
    I'm going to put this to bed since I have it working (not sure if it's the exact way you described or not) Anyway, now I will go to dtop mgr and back my phone up. When I go to media-pictures-my pictures- i get two options. Media card or device memory. All the new stuff I had on the comp is now on the media card, pics I had before are under device memory. Does this sound cool? Should I take the pics on the device memory and switch them over to the media card or is the a can of worms I don't want to open? Thanks again for your help and patience.
    03-22-09 02:41 PM
    cs, you should move all the pics that are in device memory to your media card. Just try to move them to the proper folders, pics go in Pictures, ringtones go in Ringtones, music goes in Music, you get the idea...

Ditto for any ringtones or music files that you have added to your BB. Don't move anything that came with the phone.
    03-22-09 02:44 PM
    do i really want to ask how to do that?
    03-22-09 02:45 PM
    do i really want to ask how to do that?
    You just did, remember how you saw the two options of Device and Media Card? Go to the Device side of things and select the pics, then press Menu. there should be a Move file or Move to Media Card or something like that.
    03-22-09 02:47 PM
    ok so I'm at the screen showing thumbnails of all my pics right?
    if i click the bberry button i get view slide show, new folder, download images, etc etc
    03-22-09 02:52 PM
    ok so I'm at the screen showing thumbnails of all my pics right?
    if i click the bberry button i get view slide show, new folder, download images, etc etc
    You have to actually move the cursor to one of the thumbnails so it has a highlight around it, then press the Menu key and select Move.
    03-22-09 02:54 PM
    or do i have to click on each individual pic. if i do that i get an option to 'move'
    If i click on that
    03-22-09 02:55 PM
    i get another screen that says select and shows all. if i select one i get a box that says overwrite existing file yes/no No what?
    03-22-09 02:56 PM
    now what is what i meant
    03-22-09 02:59 PM
    Ok, let's back up a bit. From Media, Press the Menu key, choose Explore, then choose Device Memory, then Home, then User, then Pictures.
    03-22-09 03:02 PM
    okay, did that part.
    03-22-09 03:05 PM
    okay, did that part.
    Help me out here, what do you see?
    03-22-09 03:07 PM
    a list of all the pics by date, jpg and size
    03-22-09 03:08 PM
    a list of all the pics by date, jpg and size
    Ok, are there a lot of them?

Pick one then press the menu key, does it give you the Move option? If not you may have to click on it.
    03-22-09 03:10 PM
199 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD