thanks, and at any given time, maybe 20 pics
    03-21-09 09:43 PM
    i got rid of all the roxio stuff. do i need to dump my old desktop mgr b4 i load this?
    03-21-09 09:44 PM
    i got rid of all the roxio stuff. do i need to dump my old desktop mgr b4 i load this?
    Yes, that too.
    03-21-09 09:45 PM
    No you don't have to... It will automaticly delete it when you install 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 09:46 PM
    chelsey, do you use Roxio? I don't, so if you do, can you take over from here?

CS is trying to move some pics onto his BB without a media card, so it will be in device memory.
    03-21-09 09:49 PM
    I have dvd, then removable disc, and that's it chelseytx
    That should be your media card on your bb

03-21-09 09:59 PM
    don't have a media card for my bb
    03-21-09 10:02 PM
    That should be your media card on your bb

He never got the prompt for enabling MSM though on the BB when connected.
    03-21-09 10:02 PM
    great, now i don't have that, either. So I shouldn't have deleted roxio and my old dtop mgr?
    03-21-09 10:03 PM
    don't have a media card for my bb
    That's why he's gonna try Roxio.
    the new dtop mgr is loading now
    great, now i don't have that, either. So I shouldn't have deleted roxio and my old dtop mgr?
    What don't you have? The removable drive icon? That's because you don't have DM installed yet.
    03-21-09 10:04 PM
    correct, but i did have it before. Sorry just trying to follow along
    03-21-09 10:07 PM
    I don't have it now but I have used it

Okay to not having a MC

Open dm and the mm

I am not sure how it looks but when you open ot there should be a file tree somewhere that will let you navigate to the following path:

Device memory - home - user - pictures

Then copy from the folder on you computer and paste in that directory in dm

Sorry took so long am playing a game with friends that unfortunatly needs my attention

03-21-09 10:13 PM
    I don't have it now but I have used it

Okay to not having a MC

Open dm and the mm

I am not sure how it looks but when you open ot there should be a file tree somewhere that will let you navigate to the following path:

Sorry took so long am playing a game with friends that unfortunatly needs my attention

cardshark, chelseytx sounds spot on about the file tree in Media Manager.
    03-21-09 10:18 PM
    one last question new dtop mgr shows device connection PIN:none....do i have to enter my pin number if so, where do i find it on the bberry
    03-21-09 10:23 PM
    one last question new dtop mgr shows device connection PIN:none....do i have to enter my pin number if so, where do i find it on the bberry
    Reboot your laptop and try again.
    03-21-09 10:27 PM
    bfore i got your message about rebooting i opened media manager i am looking at a kind of split screen with all of my pics from my laptop on top and in the bottom section a bunch of icons for folders and a pic of a bberry.. now what
    03-21-09 10:30 PM
    Follow the directions that I gave above.... That SHOULD work if not talk back.... This may be eaiser thru bbm if yall want.... My pin is above both you and xrider

03-21-09 10:33 PM
    there should be a file tree somewhere that will let you navigate to the following path:

bfore i got your message about rebooting i opened media manager i am looking at a kind of split screen with all of my pics from my laptop on top and in the bottom section a bunch of icons for folders and a pic of a bberry.. now what
    Look for the pictures subfolder on your BB where chelseytx said. Navigate through the Device Memory/Home/User subfolders until you get Pictures among a bunch of others like videos, ringtones, etc.

Then copy your pics from the comp side to the BB side.
    03-21-09 10:35 PM
    It's been a while now, so I'm assuming it all worked, or you have taken this to BBM with cheleytx.
    03-21-09 10:53 PM
    Nope... Haven't gotten a I'm from him

03-21-09 10:54 PM
    Well all in all a mini success. With the split screen I just dragged the pics I wanted from the laptop (top) to the bberry (bottom of the screen) and they saved to the phone. My LAST question. It seems like I had more pic storage on the phone before. When I tried to drag another pic down, i got the message that the disc was full? How many kb would be full, or is there another folder to open. Regardless, You guys have my deepest thanks for sharing your expertise and above all, your patience. It was and is greatly appreciated
    03-21-09 10:55 PM
    Sorry, you've used up your allocations of questions for the day.

Seriously, get a memory card. A 4GB card costs less than $10.

4GB compared to 64MB device memory, it's a no brainer where the better place to store pics, music, videos, etc is.

03-21-09 11:07 PM
    I'm going to. But there is no way I have 64mb on there now, but it says the disc is full. I'll figure it out. BTW. when i loaded dtop mgr I accidentally clicked on for it to start up everytime i start up the comp. How do I stop that! Honestly...last question
    03-21-09 11:10 PM
199 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD