Hey thanks for taking the time to read my thread::::

okay now for business lol

i have a curve 8330 on verizon v5.0.0.238 (if it matters) but what i am trying to see is if there is a app that will let me play the music i have on my bb through the radio when i am in the car..... kind of like the cigarette lighter plug ins that you put to a station and match your car stereo to it and bam you hear the music....???? please help and thanks i appreciate it >>>><<<<

FEEL FREE TO PM ME OR BBM ME RE:THIS MESSAGE ONLY....
    11-06-09 01:00 AM
    The BlackBerry doesn't have an FM transmitter.

But you can typically add an AUX input to your car audio system and then just using an audio cable connected to the headphone jack.

Alternately, you may be able to set up a Bluetooth connection.
    11-06-09 05:48 AM
    I use the headphone jack and put one of those cassette adapters (a leftover from my Sony Discman days) in my car's tape deck. I stream through either Pandora or Slacker. It sounds surprisingly good.
    11-06-09 05:55 AM
    Tape deck?

I can't remember the last time I had a car that had a tape deck.
    11-06-09 03:46 PM
    No tape on our deck. Tables maybe. LOL. I think the last car with tape was 15 years back. Too far to remember for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 04:00 PM
    Tape deck?

I can't remember the last time I had a car that had a tape deck.
    Yeah it's factory. It's an older car and I JUST got it this year, but the mileage was low and my payment is practically nothing. I pay more for my cell each month.
    11-06-09 04:07 PM
    I use an aux input cable
    11-07-09 02:49 AM
    The BB visor mount speakerphone will stream audio from your BB to your car's radio. It works with Calls and Music they say, but I don't know if it works with 3rd party apps or not. My guess would be yes but look into it.

Bluetooth Visor - Bluetooth Handsfree Speakerphone - BlackBerry Handsfree Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605
    11-07-09 03:02 AM
    I use the aux input too. (However can we bring back the 8 track please..)
    11-07-09 06:14 AM
    I installed a Motorola T605 in my truck, excellent bluetooth speakerphone, and I play music on my bb, transmitted by bluetooth to the T605 then thru the factory stereo. Best part: music pauses when I receive a call and plays again when I hang up, automatic.

Bought the T605 off ebay, less then $100 and did the install myself.

11-07-09 06:25 AM
    I own both the BT FM transmitter Amazon.com: Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Stick, iPhone, iPod, Zune: Electronics
    And this dock. Amazon.com: Accessory Power GG-FLEX-BERRY BlackBerry FM Transmitter & Car Charger Mount Flex Pod All in One Car Kit: Electronics

Both work extremely well, and both have really good sound quality! The Soundfly BT dock has, SD card slot, remote control, Movable mike, and line it. There is a way to listen to practically any phone or just get a cheap SD and leave it in the car.
    11-07-09 05:46 PM
    Thank you everyone for your responses!!!! I am looking into getting a cord that plugs into the light in a car and you set it to a certain fm station then set the device to the same station and bambamboom music played as if it was the radio playing.
    02-02-10 12:58 AM
    Or you can go with a Motorola T505, its awesome & doesn't need any installation Bluetooth>FM
    02-02-10 02:09 AM
    I own both the BT FM transmitter Amazon.com: Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Stick, iPhone, iPod, Zune: Electronics
    And this dock. Amazon.com: Accessory Power GG-FLEX-BERRY BlackBerry FM Transmitter & Car Charger Mount Flex Pod All in One Car Kit: Electronics

Both work extremely well, and both have really good sound quality! The Soundfly BT dock has, SD card slot, remote control, Movable mike, and line it. There is a way to listen to practically any phone or just get a cheap SD and leave it in the car.
    Is it possible to use radio apps (iheart/slacker) with the fm transmitter? Also, are you able to plug your BB into the fm transmitter via the headphone jack instead of always using Bluetooth (thinking battery life here)?
    02-02-10 10:01 AM
    most FM transmitters plug into the headphone jack, so 3rd party apps should work fine. Its just like you have headphones plugged in. Also, most transmitters have a USB port so you can charge the phone at the same time and only use one plug in the car.
    02-02-10 10:07 AM
    Is it possible to use radio apps (iheart/slacker) with the fm transmitter? Also, are you able to plug your BB into the fm transmitter via the headphone jack instead of always using Bluetooth (thinking battery life here)?
    1st question, yes you should be able to. I am NOT positive tho, I've never done it.

2nd question I don't know because I've never used the product/s but seems like you should be able to. If it's got an auxillary input, you just need a cable to go from your phone to the transmitter.

Also, I've seen FM transmitters that run on batteries and plug straight into a headphone jack so those will work with any device with a 3.5 mm jack. I couldn't find an example but I think Logitech makes one, basically just a tiny box with a retractable aux cable. Pretty nice.
    02-02-10 10:20 AM
    1st question, yes you should be able to. I am NOT positive tho, I've never done it.

2nd question I don't know because I've never used the product/s but seems like you should be able to. If it's got an auxillary input, you just need a cable to go from your phone to the transmitter.

Also, I've seen FM transmitters that run on batteries and plug straight into a headphone jack so those will work with any device with a 3.5 mm jack. I couldn't find an example but I think Logitech makes one, basically just a tiny box with a retractable aux cable. Pretty nice.
    I was debating on getting the Scoshe brand fm transmitter that plugs into the cig lighter and the other end into a headphone jack. It got OK reviews but I'm still skeptical on these things and trying to broaden my search.
    02-02-10 11:05 AM
    depending on where you live, FM transmitters can be more trouble than they are worth. In cities with lots of stations, there always seems to be a lot of interference.

I use my casette adapter in my "very old" 2001 Ford escape. My next car, rest assured, will have an aux input, and if not for some crazy reason, I'll buy an aftermarket head unit with one built in.....
    02-02-10 11:31 AM
    The best thing to do IMO is buy a CD receiver/head unit that supports everything. Aux in, USB port, ipod compatibility, bluetooth, the works.

When I bought my last head unit, I didn't have a BB so I opted for the unit without bluetooth. I regret that decision now.

I've never used any of these bluetooth receivers that plug into the cigarette lighter but I'm thinking of checking one out now.
    02-02-10 11:31 AM
    I have a belkin fm transmitter for my 8330. Works great with Pandora and calls come thru the car speakers as well. I just use some of my presets for "blank" stations.

02-02-10 02:56 PM
    Thanks everyone for the insight and help!! I am trying to find the least expensive route if possible, I'm a a college student on a budget :-( . I really appreciate it !

02-04-10 01:46 AM
    aux input for me
    02-04-10 01:58 AM
    If you or anyone else wants a Motorola t505 to stream music and/or calls through your radio, just send me a pm. I have a couple I can sell for cheap.

02-04-10 05:01 AM
    Hello all,

I've read all the posts here and no one brings up the point that you can not talk on the phone. You can hear just fine when connected through headphone jack. Is there anyway to setup where you can hear through the headphone jack but still talk through the mic on phone? I have been using the audio cassette adapter for sometime now. The tape player did, unbelievably, come in my 2003 Windstar with a cd player. Thank you
    02-13-10 01:09 PM
    most FM transmitters plug into the headphone jack, so 3rd party apps should work fine. Its just like you have headphones plugged in. Also, most transmitters have a USB port so you can charge the phone at the same time and only use one plug in the car.
    obviously you're going to loose quite a bit of quality doing that. Circuit City installed the AUX cable for me, primarily for my Zune. I can use my Curve, but I have to crank the volume on both the vehicle and the BB. If I need a media player, my BB would be my last option.
    02-13-10 01:48 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD