I have the Motorola H500 bluetooth headset. It's meant to be used as a headset/microphone for hands-free talking. However, I'd like to know if I could listen to music through it as well. I tried playing music on my Tour then went to options and enabled "activate headset", thinking it would come out of my bluetooth device. But it only came out of the ear speaker on the phone.

Is there any way I can get this to work? The only reason I thought of it was because my friend recently just got bluetooth headphones for his phone, so he can listen to music on those. So why can't I listen to music on mine?
    07-24-09 12:03 PM
    The headset needs to be stereo compatible. I don't think Moto makes a mono-BT headset that is. That would eat into their BT stereo headsets like the S9.
    07-24-09 12:18 PM
    If you go to the Bluetooth subforum, there is a new application that supposedly overcomes the "music to mono" bluetooth limitation. It should be in the first 10 or 20 threads.
    07-24-09 12:27 PM
    I have the Motorola H500 bluetooth headset. It's meant to be used as a headset/microphone for hands-free talking. However, I'd like to know if I could listen to music through it as well. I tried playing music on my Tour then went to options and enabled "activate headset", thinking it would come out of my bluetooth device. But it only came out of the ear speaker on the phone.

Is there any way I can get this to work? The only reason I thought of it was because my friend recently just got bluetooth headphones for his phone, so he can listen to music on those. So why can't I listen to music on mine?
    I'm also facing same problem...I have Motorola HT820 (dont tell me this dont support stereo, since I can hear music throu my laptop). I can get voice i/o (can make call and answer call) but music/video, I can not.
    Please somebody give some solution for the same.
    08-24-09 08:47 AM
    I'm also facing same problem...I have Motorola HT820 (dont tell me this dont support stereo, since I can hear music throu my laptop). I can get voice i/o (can make call and answer call) but music/video, I can not.
    Please somebody give some solution for the same.
    I have the same headset, and it took some messing around with the bluetooth options to register it as a headset and as a stereo device. When you turn on your headset, does your tour connect to it, and display a notification with the services enabled for your device? If so, does it display stereo as well as headset? I have my headset at home, I'll try removing it and adding it again later tonight, and let you know how I did it.
    08-24-09 01:33 PM
    i hav and older moto hs850 head set same problem no music it it the bb or the headset
    09-04-09 04:55 PM
    I have the S9 HD using with my storm. i love it. Great battery life, good sound, light weight. What do you mean "inline". I set my phone down and walk away, i put it in my holster and pocket too and use it. It has range of around 10-12 feet. Good enough for me.
    09-05-09 09:20 PM
    I have the original S9's. Mine (and others have also reported) will occasionally break up or intermittently lose sound when outside while walking. I find that they work best when the phone is in the top pocket of a day pack.

At the same time, while at the gym, they work fine when at my waist in a fanny pack. I've the 8830.
    09-06-09 12:08 AM
    OK now Im confused. Is there a head set, single ear that will allow you to listen music as well as talk with it? I should have been more clear with my first question. thanks
    09-24-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD