Ok I bought a 2nd router for work just for my phone and I was wanting to know if I should change any setting to make it work better for my Curve, if so what should I change
    06-11-08 10:16 AM
    Just set up security you should be good to go than
    06-11-08 10:57 AM
    yeah i have security set up i just wanted to know if there was some other thing i could change to make it work better.
    06-11-08 11:03 AM
    You could always set up DMZ for your phone... which essentially opens all of the ports for that device and then you do not have to worry about any latency issues.

You do not need to do that, but some people do. (I personally don't).

Just set up your security for the wireless, change the SSID to w/e you want and you are ready to roll. Right outta the box basically
    06-11-08 11:17 AM
    Your router is nearly identical to the one T-Mobile offers.

To configure your router, enter this address in IE or similar web browser: 192.168.1.1

Go to Wireless / Advanced Wireless Settings:

Beacon Interval defaults to 100, change that to 50 ms.

Fragmentation Threshold default to 2346, change that to 2304.

RTS Threshold defaults to 2346, change that to 2304.

Save your settings and reconnect to the router with a new connection.

Note: These settings were recommended by T-Mobile's PDA/UMA geeks.
    06-11-08 11:21 AM
    thanks Stoner
    06-11-08 11:32 AM
    Stoner... that is awesome info!!

Great to know what I should set my Linksys to in my apartment. Should have looked at my TMo router's settings at home and then used the same ones...sweet tho.

My router right now works without any issues, but will these defaults help at all??

What exactly do they do to improve over the defaults?? Will it mess around at all with my computers connecting? (don't see why it would... but just in case)
    06-12-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD