1. T
    I like to link certain IM contacts to their respective BlackBerry (address book) contact(s). I've noticed that sometimes when I look at my address book contacts, a few of the IM contacts have become "un-linked" and no longer appear in their address book contact(s), and it becomes necessary to re-link them. Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 05:29 PM
  2. T
    I have a theory. First, an example (for clarification).

I use four IM apps with contact "Alex": msn, yahoo, aim, and gtalk. When I look at Alex's BlackBerry contact in my address book, I see all four IM apps listed there. It even shows whether Alex is online or offline on a particular messenger. But once in a while, I'll see only three messengers in Alex's contact. One is missing!

Here's what I think is going on. A particular IM client only shows up in Alex's contact if it's actually open on my BlackBerry; if the messenger is closed, it does not show up in Alex's contact. This can be easily tested/proven.

The confusing part is that sometimes all messenger clients are open on my device, but one does not appear in my contact's address book entry. But what's really going on is that the messenger which doesn't appear in my contact's address book entry might actually not be on line on my device, even though it appears to be (a glitch in that cient's server perhaps). It could be necessary to sign out/close and reopen the app for proper display and performance of this feature. This is not a problem with the device imo, rather it appears to be a connection glitch with the particular client (like aim, for instance).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tnis; 03-20-11 at 09:48 AM.
    03-20-11 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD