Hi,

Not a Blackberry user myself, but I have a friend who wants to use the Whatsapp messaging application however she only wants it to connect using Wifi and not 3G data.

Is there a way of easily doing this such as some setting within the BB, or can you install a 3rd party firewall to limit the connections?

Cheers!
    11-25-10 05:28 AM
    Umm... I don't know about a program to limit access to the 3g bands, but when i'm at home and wifi is on my BB always chose WiFi over 2g/3g.

Hoped I could help

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    Redz120
    11-25-10 06:42 AM
    when on wifi most apps will always use that over the gsm/3g connection. some apps do only use gsm/3g but i dont know if whatsapp messaging is one of them
    11-25-10 10:47 AM
    There might be a setting in the whatsapp option to set the connection to just wifi only. I dont know since I dont use the app so hopefully that helps a bit. Most IM applications seem to have this type of option to allow you to choose the preferred connection.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 11-25-10 at 11:00 AM.
    11-25-10 10:57 AM
    There might be a setting in the whatsapp option to set the connection to just wifi only. I dont know since I dont use the app so hopefully that helps a bit. Most IM applications seem to have this type of option to allow you to choose the preferred connection.
    + 1 on this, a lot of apps, IM and others, have an option to use wifi only to update
    11-25-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD