I got the curve and I was wondering is there is some program or something that you can download onto your phone in order to change the color of the cursor ball. I know it's possible for the pearl but I was just wondering if its possible for the curve.
    11-15-08 11:33 AM
    I'm pretty sure there is no led that supports different colors for the Curve, which is why you'll see posts about people putting tape/coloring their ball. So if you want it a different color that's your only option.
    11-15-08 11:34 AM
    Unfortunately no, but we all dream about it! :-) What I've heard people are doing is coloring it (like with a sharpie, or fingernail polish). I wouldn't do it - but I've seen them talking about it on the forums.
    11-15-08 11:37 AM
    There is only a white LED under the trackball on the Curve. However you can still change the color of the trackball. Check out the link in my signature below. It is a very easy process.
    11-15-08 11:40 AM
    be careful when using tape/sharpie/etc when trying to change the color of your trackball. It could void your warrantee...if you really want it that bad talk to your provider
    11-16-08 02:59 AM
    if you really want it that bad talk to your provider
    And hear them say the same thing you've read in this thread...without the helpful (though warranty voiding) rigs.
    11-16-08 03:04 AM
    um...yep...
    11-16-08 04:25 AM
    um...yep...
    I guess I could have misunderstood your post, but from what it sounded like was you were recommending calling the provider and they might be able to do something about it.
    11-16-08 05:05 AM
    I used postit notes for mine. two or three layers and it is nice lookin. I don't know about voiding warranty but no moisture gets near the circut board and mine been done 2 weeks and not faded yet.
    11-16-08 06:12 AM
    I have had my trackball with a yellow post it underneath for 2 months. No adverse effects at all. (Touch wood)
    11-16-08 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD