Cool idea. I still go with my jet black Z10 any day.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    04-28-14 05:12 AM
    Until they realised it was..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    As for any Android phone, no matter what the brand is, thant spots the "Powered by Android" writing on power-up...

Imagine a BlackBerry phone, thats shows "Powered by QNX": this is cross branding...

04-28-14 05:45 AM
    Sweet idea!
    Get on it BlackBerry!
    I'm a big fan of creative logos and anything related. And that's one reason I don't like Samsung for example - the company has no logo!!!

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    04-28-14 06:13 AM
    As for any Android phone, no matter what the brand is, thant spots the "Powered by Android" writing on power-up...

Imagine a BlackBerry phone, thats shows "Powered by QNX": this is cross branding...

Powered by Blackberry is Awesome

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-28-14 09:28 AM
    I'm not sure if you read through all the comments before posting. How will someone know what brand a mobile device is when the user's hand is covering the logo? I have a white Z10. I'm often asked if it's an iPhone.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    I didn't read through all the comments which was my mistake. I just don't think the brand matters. People will see BlackBerry and instantly not care. That's just my experience.

From the sounds of it, your situation sounds like the best situation since people are forced to ask what phone that is. You're then put in a position to show off the phone. If they knew it was a BlackBerry I think they wouldn't say anything
    04-28-14 10:01 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 266666
    Last edited by bigcheeba; 04-29-14 at 03:36 PM.
    04-29-14 10:19 AM
    I like the idea. I use a lot of colored see-through cases. I think a bright enough to be noticeable white glow covered by a see-through case would be pretty neat.
    04-29-14 10:30 AM
    Just like the back of apple laptops? No thanks, I would rather not indulge.
    04-29-14 10:56 AM
    Just like the back of apple laptops? No thanks, I would rather not indulge.
    No... better

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-29-14 11:00 AM
    No... better

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Even better, still no thanks for me. I'm not a walking billboard for any company.
    04-29-14 11:47 AM
    Even better, still no thanks for me. I'm not a walking billboard for any company.
    If you have any of their branded products then.. sorry to break it to you but you already are.. and I refer to my previous post http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10290764
    to say that the OP idea is just one element of its potential..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-29-14 11:51 AM

What is QNX?

Is what 99% of the people in the world would say. Google doesn't their own marketing for Android (especially back in the beginning).

BOT: Heck I still get asked how do I get those blinking colored lights on my phone. People do notice things like that, and when you tell them it's an blue is email from work, red/white is a text from my wife or orange is a Facebook message... it does impress. At least until they ask me what color is my Instagram notifications....
    04-29-14 11:55 AM
    If you have any of their branded products then.. sorry to break it to you but you already are.. and I refer to my previous post Light up blackberry logos for public indulgence - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    to say that the OP idea is just one element of its potential..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    It is. But why are all these ideas coming up for a company that isn't interested in a consumer market?

BTW I don't pay more for Nike tee-shirts just because it says Nike on it or has a swoosh. I buy cheaper ones that say nothing. If they want me to advertise for them they better pay me, not me over paying for something to give them free advertisement.
    21stNow likes this.
    04-29-14 12:05 PM
    I disagree. The Z10 and Z30 scream "generic Android phone"...the Z10 especially. The Z30 just feels classy but extremely dull. As far as recognition, I think you need to give that to Nokia.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    You're absolutely right about Nokia. But you're wrong about BlackBerry. Their design language has remained relatively consistent since BB7 and before. It's certainly not anything like a "generic" Android phone. When you see a BlackBerry phone, you know it's a BlackBerry. When you see an HTC or a Samsung or a Motorola, it's like, geez who the hell are these companies making all these phones. Sure, individual models like the One M7 and M8 might be recognizable handsets. But as a brand, only Apple, Nokia, and BlackBerry have had a truly consistent design language for years and years. (at least in my memory). That's for smartphones. Motorola was consistent, pre-smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:15 PM
    What is QNX?

Is what 99% of the people in the world would say. Google doesn't their own marketing for Android (especially back in the beginning).
    It's too bad RIM couldn't swing BBX as the OS name.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:17 PM
    Listen,

it is impossible to use the screen lighting to light up the logo in the back of the phone because there would be the battery in the way.

And the whole light-up logo would make the phone look so gaudy and ridiculous, while serving no actual function.

I do not need to show others what phone I am using and I do not need to have any feature that will shorten the battery life (even if it's LED, it still requires battery) for no practical purpose.

And one of the biggest reasons I hate Apple products is because many (not all) Apple users have to show their logo like they have to prove to others that they are different. I don't want Black Berry users to be like that. I hate the look of light-up Apple logos on their laptops as well.

I did not choose Black Berry to be different or unique from others, it is merely a communication device that fit my need the most.
    04-29-14 12:39 PM
    You're absolutely right about Nokia. But you're wrong about BlackBerry. Their design language has remained relatively consistent since BB7 and before. It's certainly not anything like a "generic" Android phone. When you see a BlackBerry phone, you know it's a BlackBerry. When you see an HTC or a Samsung or a Motorola, it's like, geez who the hell are these companies making all these phones. Sure, individual models like the One M7 and M8 might be recognizable handsets. But as a brand, only Apple, Nokia, and BlackBerry have had a truly consistent design language for years and years. (at least in my memory). That's for smartphones. Motorola was consistent, pre-smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I think Samsung, HTC, and Motorola devices all have a unique design so i'm not sure what a "generic" android device is..

HTC is starting to use metal and their devices are very rounded.

Samsung devices are cheap, glossy plastic. Very rounded and thin.

Motorola are more blocky and use carbon fiber on the back.

I personally don't think there is such a thing as a "generic" android device.

I would argue that BlackBerry devices don't have a consistent design to them.

The Z10 is very sophisticated and blocky. I love the design of this phone. It's very simple.

The Z30 is more rounded, has a silver lip on the bottom, a glass weave back (which is the only feature it shares with any other bb10 device - Q10), and no lip on the top like what the Z10 has.

The Q10 and the Z10 are the only devices with a BlackBerry look and feel to them. The Q10 has the glass weave back though which is comfortable but I think it's kind of ugly. Doesn't go with the rest of the phone.

And the Z3 is completely different than the rest. Very blocky. The entire front is glass compared to the z10 which has the 2 lips and the z30 which has 1. The back is a nice dimpled cover which again I think looks very nice since it's so simple.

And the Q5 has a different back cover than the rest of the phones and a rounded glass screen.

i'm not bashing BlackBerry. This is just my personal opinion. I don't believe that BlackBerry has a strong design that they're sticking with which is why every device looks different. None of the phones really look the same. i'm not saying this is a pro nor is it a con. I just think when you compare BlackBerry devices to other manufacturers, BlackBerry's designs are much less consistent.
    04-29-14 12:44 PM
    I agree that BlackBerry has to do something for the recognition of the the 10 devises. I had a Z10 and now a 30, no one recognised them as BlackBerry phones, even the BlackBerry legacy users.

Sent from my Z 30
    04-29-14 12:59 PM
    It is. But why are all these ideas coming up for a company that isn't interested in a consumer market?

BTW I don't pay more for Nike tee-shirts just because it says Nike on it or has a swoosh. I buy cheaper ones that say nothing. If they want me to advertise for them they better pay me, not me over paying for something to give them free advertisement.
    Not interested in the consumer market? Not sure were you get that from?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...er-phones.html

http://bgr.com/2014/02/03/blackberry...ceo-interview/

Have you ever been interested in a girl and you're trying to get her attention? Blackberry is interested in the consumer market but is struggling to get its attention...

But it's not advertisement that you're paying for?? When you by a branded product you're buying the brand, if you wear Nike over a non brand t-shirt you're buying into a certain image a certain 'class' ofcourse it's just a brand logo, but they've manage to build that brand up such that anything you put the brand on gains value (shoes, wrist band)...

Even if the t -shirt is not branded.. you're 'advertising' that t-shirt, you're raising awareness that a company somewhere produces the t-shirt that you wear, and if a potential target customer sees you, it may lead them to purchase..

You can't 'escape' advertisement in that sense.. and you don't need to, if the company doesn't build the brand up, then noone will want to be seen with the brand. So no 'secondary' advertising will take place..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-29-14 01:31 PM
    Great idea OP.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-29-14 01:44 PM
    Even if the t -shirt is not branded.. you're 'advertising' that t-shirt, you're raising awareness that a company somewhere produces the t-shirt that you wear, and if a potential target customer sees you, it may lead them to purchase..
    That is a huge leap in logic. So am I advertising my hot water heater when a guest takes a shower at my house?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and 21stNow like this.
    04-29-14 04:06 PM
    Not interested in the consumer market? Not sure were you get that from?

BlackBerry: no retreat from consumer phones - Telegraph

BlackBerry Consumer Market: Consumers still a focus for BlackBerry | BGR

Have you ever been interested in a girl and you're trying to get her attention? Blackberry is interested in the consumer market but is struggling to get its attention...

But it's not advertisement that you're paying for?? When you by a branded product you're buying the brand, if you wear Nike over a non brand t-shirt you're buying into a certain image a certain 'class' ofcourse it's just a brand logo, but they've manage to build that brand up such that anything you put the brand on gains value (shoes, wrist band)...

You can't 'escape' advertisement in that sense.. and you don't need to, if the company doesn't build the brand up, then noone will want to be seen with the brand. So no 'secondary' advertising will take place..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    But how do they now who made the shirt? They would have to ask, it isn't staring at them.
    21stNow likes this.
    04-29-14 04:09 PM
    wondered about the same myself, then i read this thread, and after i saw this article

iPhone 5s Lunecase Kickstarter project | BGR
    04-29-14 04:13 PM
    That is a huge leap. So am I advertising my hot water heater when a guest takes a shower at my house?

Posted via CB10
    It's a huge a leap as compalaining about advertising a brand because you've bought a branded product.. and yes you are!!
    They might even make a TV advert like that!

Someone comes to the house has a really great experience with the shower and sees the brand thereby tieing the positive emotions +feelings with that brand, next time they considering buying a hot water heater, (or more likely viewing a house with a hot water heater) and they see that brand they will be more likely to buy..

Bang your 'advertisement' had led to a potential sale..

Whatever you use that other people see is advertising!

And actually thinking about it your example doesn't make sense because some boilers are separate form the end shower head.. with things like that it's more likely about a negative experience... say there is no hot water and it's because of poor service.. that person won't be inclined to buy that brand.. it works both ways but it's advertising nonetheless..

ad�ver�tise/?adv?r?t?z/
    verb
    describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

Now I suppose what we're arguing is the 'draw attention to part' the way I see it anything can potentially draw attention because it's subjective, what draws my attention is different from what draws your attention, so you might not think youve drawn attention with a nice unbranded t shirt, but someone else might see it and really like it

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-29-14 04:16 PM
    It's a simple aesthetic fix.

- amend the BB notification led light to the shape of the logo silhouette
    - allow access to multi-coloured custom notifications

Voila, eye catching visual element that sparks interest. I like the idea of the logo on the back lighting up, but too many cases are opaque. That makes it a difficult design element for the third party case makers. For existing phones you can just make quality stickers of some sort to fit over the led light and include them with shipped phones, and make said stickers available for sale on shopblackberry or Amazon. Paired with the OS update for customized colour notifications, it works.

A simple but far reaching visual improvement for minimal investment, and an added (albeit minor) revenue stream because fans of the platform will go for it. Oh and anything over $5 is too much, don't play around with me BlackBerry. I've seen you try to count to potato too many times in the past, just keep it simple.
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-29-14 04:27 PM
88 1234