No thanks

I would rather save the battery life.
    This. It also would bother me because it would look garish. I paid for my BlackBerry device for personal use, not to be an advertisement for BlackBerry. They would have to pay me to advertise for them by turning my phone into a miniature billboard.
    skstrials likes this.
    04-27-14 11:53 AM
    This. It also would bother me because it would look garish. I paid for my BlackBerry device for personal use, not to be an advertisement for BlackBerry. They would have to pay me to advertise for them by turning my phone into a miniature billboard.
    Wouldn't be forced..even so

every branded product is a 'miniature billboard'. The OP just directed it in the context of publicising BlackBerry, but for others it would just be a fun feature, and for others it would be(if implemented in the way I described above) a useful feature especially accompanied with the rumoured settings that do something with the phone when face down, this would allow those who wanted to, the ability to distinguish incoming messages, I prefer that to having it on all the time..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-27-14 12:06 PM
    I love this idea, BlackBerry logo glow in the dark when I'm using it. But have the option to turn this offer the sake of such user above my comment.

posted via CB10 using my awesome Z10 keyboard
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 12:12 PM
    No.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    04-27-14 12:16 PM
    *off

posted via CB10 using my awesome Z10 keyboard
    04-27-14 12:29 PM
    Love the idea!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 12:32 PM
    How about instead of illuminated, they move the bb logo HIGHER on the back of the device, say, opposite the camera...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah. I've never liked the placement of the current logo location, especially when I'm on a call and my hand is covering 80% of the device. "Is that an iPhone?"

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Doggerz and bunky1971 like this.
    04-27-14 12:49 PM
    Would be nice to see the blackberry logo stamps lit up on devices while in use. Free marketing and would make them more identifiable in the public eye. Perhaps one on the front below the keyboard, and maybe unlikely, but on the back also..

Posted via CB10
    I like that idea.

It is giving me some thoughts.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 12:51 PM
    Nice thought. But a toggle button is must. Won't want to drain my battery unnecessarily. And of course change the light colour option too!

Posted via Z30
    04-27-14 12:54 PM
    Nice thought. But a toggle button is must. Won't want to drain my battery unnecessarily. And of course change the light colour option too!

Posted via Z30
    I'm thinking if using 7 RGB LED's with an Arduino micro and coin battery. Or even a attiny. Total cost would be about 8 bucks all done and said. You could also add a 5 cent light sensor.

Would make an easy little side project. A person could build it into a case of they wanted.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-27-14 01:05 PM
    Great

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:51 PM
    Love the idea and I doubt it would use much battery.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-27-14 03:54 PM
    Thisthisthisthis! Then colours could be clearer, and could even have different patterns! BlackBerry pattern, bbm icon pattern! Twitter pattern So even if you forgot the colour you can see what kind of message it is!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    The Borg (Appleheads) and the world would be shocked in envy!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:55 PM
    I'm thinking if using 7 RGB LED's with an Arduino micro and coin battery. Or even a attiny. Total cost would be about 8 bucks all done and said. You could also add a 5 cent light sensor.

Would make an easy little side project. A person could build it into a case of they wanted.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Instead of Swarovski crystals it could be the KermEd light shine!
    *big thumbs up*

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    04-27-14 06:32 PM
    Wouldn't be forced..even so

every branded product is a 'miniature billboard'. The OP just directed it in the context of publicising BlackBerry, but for others it would just be a fun feature, and for others it would be(if implemented in the way I described above) a useful feature especially accompanied with the rumoured settings that do something with the phone when face down, this would allow those who wanted to, the ability to distinguish incoming messages, I prefer that to having it on all the time..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Exactly...look what Verizon does to logoize our devices, other carriers a little but big red, oye veh!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:33 PM
    That is an awesome idea!!!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 06:53 PM
    I think if people care enough to look at your phone then they'll know it's a BlackBerry. A light up logo won't fix anything.
    04-27-14 08:18 PM
    If I am a non- BlackBerry user who doesnt even know about BlackBerry 10(maybe a droid fan) and I see a BlackBerry logo lighting up, I would definitely think it is cool and I'll think like 'BlackBerry still got it'. So the next time I see a BlackBerry some where I would take a closer look and BAM! I see the new BlackBerry 10 OS. Then I would go for a hands-on with BlackBerry and you all know what happens next! Ditch my old phone for a BlackBerry.
    It's called marketing!!!

Posted via Z30
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 09:10 PM
    I'm sure I could find a LED thing with a button cell battery and get a plastic blackberry logo thing to stick on that LED thing and it'll glow when turned on. Not a bad idea to be honest, especially if it's on the smartphone and only turns on when the device is being used and doesn't impact the battery life at all either. Don't they have ultra low powered bright LED's that light up bright but make the battery last for more than a few days if forgotten to be turned off?

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 09:55 PM
    If I am a non- BlackBerry user who doesnt even know about BlackBerry 10(maybe a droid fan) and I see a BlackBerry logo lighting up, I would definitely think it is cool and I'll think like 'BlackBerry still got it'. So the next time I see a BlackBerry some where I would take a closer look and BAM! I see the new BlackBerry 10 OS. Then I would go for a hands-on with BlackBerry and you all know what happens next! Ditch my old phone for a BlackBerry.
    It's called marketing!!!

Posted via Z30
    People don't think "BlackBerry's still got it" though... it sucks but it's true. Honestly, showing the BlackBerry logo could be bad just because of the negative press that BlackBerry has been getting. BlackBerry is not a likeable brand anymore therefore a light up logo wouldn't do much imho.
    04-27-14 10:11 PM
    I'm actually surprised they stayed under the name BlackBerry myself as well. It kept BB10 associated to the old product - and the old issues.

It should have been re-branded as something new. So when people saw you carry a Whazyouwhat - people would know something significant was up. Imo though. It could have risks.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-28-14 12:18 AM
    I think if people care enough to look at your phone then they'll know it's a BlackBerry. A light up logo won't fix anything.
    I'm not sure if you read through all the comments before posting. How will someone know what brand a mobile device is when the user's hand is covering the logo? I have a white Z10. I'm often asked if it's an iPhone.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-28-14 01:14 AM
    I'm actually surprised they stayed under the name BlackBerry myself as well. It kept BB10 associated to the old product - and the old issues.

It should have been re-branded as something new. So when people saw you carry a Whazyouwhat - people would know something significant was up. Imo though. It could have risks.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Just call it RIM QNX10. Almost no BlackBerry hater would recognize it as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 03:30 AM
    Just call it RIM QNX10. Almost no BlackBerry hater would recognize it as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Until they realised it was..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-28-14 03:42 AM
    How about instead of illuminated, they move the bb logo HIGHER on the back of the device, say, opposite the camera and flash so it is noticeable when you are talking on it vs being covered in the center of the device....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yes!!

And make it bigger, bigger!!
    04-28-14 04:45 AM
88 1234