For your information! One of our user reported "my carrier, is upgrading my phone at no charge to Curve 8530" after he found out the carrier blocks GPS of his 8330 and negotiated with the carrier

"You'll know the deal if other users of your service have questions about the 8330 and 8330M using certain carriers.", he wrote.
    06-11-10 01:11 PM
    When will this become available in Canada?

And 2nd q: is there a way for me to install it while in Canada (using Desktop Mgr may be?), since I travel enough to the US and it can be useful to have the voice navigation available when I am on the road.
    07-20-10 01:49 PM
    We don't have a schedule for Canada coverage yet. It's free for users but it involves huge licensing, development, financial investment etc for us. There a re many efforts in progress within our company but we are not ready to announce schedule yet.

We plan to add direct OTA download link for our future release and you can download OTA from Canada our US version then.

Thanks for being interested in LifeInPocket
    07-20-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks robsss, will be interested when this OTA load becomes available. Any ETA?
    08-19-10 08:54 AM
    Hi botham,

We still don't have a schedule in Canada yet but you should be able to download by App World when you are in US now. OTA will also available in couple weeks.
    08-19-10 11:37 AM
    OTA will be good to have. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 08:16 PM
    So I am a cynic. How can these guys offer this program for FREE??? There has to be a catch right???
    08-21-10 04:47 PM
    Absolutely horrid app. Not worth the download. I tried Waze. Would be tolerable as a free app if it didn't get ******** and send me down random roads.

08-23-10 06:44 PM
    I have been using LifeInPocket for a while and it has been working great for me.

I tried Waze once before but the map is so incomplete to the extend I could not even use it for anything. The reviews for Waze seems to be really bad, I won't try it again. BlackBerry App World - Waze (English) crowdsource social GPS navigation. Commuting made fun
    08-23-10 07:36 PM
    I can not get the GPS on this app to work with my 9650 as well. The GPS on my phone is working because it works with google maps. When going to this link provoded above, it gives me an error message, that the HTTP is not found.

I have deleted the app, taken out my battery...still does not work. HELP!
    09-02-10 04:29 PM
    I can only get this app to work on wifi. If I am on cell connection I always get the server is temporarily unavialable when trying to login or do the initial setup process... needless to say it's not to useful if I have to always be in range of wifi.

Anyone else have this problem? I am on ATT and a BES...
    10-05-10 12:26 AM
    If it's unlocked phone, you would need to set APN per new carrier in order to work properly with apps. Your carrier can help you with the settings for APN.

Since this is a corporate device that can be blocked by firewall/IT Policy when you connect through BES. Please check with your IT guys about the IT Policy they have in your 9700. They need to change IT Policy to allow LIP to pass through firewall.

It's also possible some other apps in your phone possessed ports, leak memory or system setting issue.. Please perform below procedure to free up the port and memory.
    - You can delete our app Option --> Applications --> LifeInPocket --> Press BB key to select delete to delete LifeInPocket
    - Pull the battery
    - Re-install LifeInPocket
    Let us know if you still experience issue!
    Cheers
    10-05-10 12:48 AM
    If it's unlocked phone, you would need to set APN per new carrier in order to work properly with apps. Your carrier can help you with the settings for APN.

Since this is a corporate device that can be blocked by firewall/IT Policy when you connect through BES. Please check with your IT guys about the IT Policy they have in your 9700. They need to change IT Policy to allow LIP to pass through firewall.

It's also possible some other apps in your phone possessed ports, leak memory or system setting issue.. Please perform below procedure to free up the port and memory.
    - You can delete our app Option --> Applications --> LifeInPocket --> Press BB key to select delete to delete LifeInPocket
    - Pull the battery
    - Re-install LifeInPocket
    Let us know if you still experience issue!
    Cheers
    Thanks for the fast repsonse.

I have reinstalled and both times the result was exactly the same, no luck unless on wifi, but when on wifi it worked perfectly.

The phone is not unlocked and has the manufacturer APN set in it.

I will ask corp if it's allowed to pass through the firewall, however they are pretty lax about what they block. Are there certain ports I can ask about rather than the program name specifically? Is there any way to force LIP to use direct TCP instead of routing through the BES?

I will see if my coworker gets the same results on his BB.
    10-05-10 02:54 AM
    You are welcome! We rarely visit CB recently but are happy to help whenever we are here.
    We support all connecting methods, please make sure that your SERVICE BOOK has WPTCP or WAP2 which would allow direct TCP through carriers' gateway.
    Please ask your IT guys to see if they allow LIP to pass through carrier gateway directly on the IT Policy with your device. This is the most effective way to connect.
    10-05-10 09:08 AM
    We support US only for now. UK is under development. Thanks,
    Tsk UK user her unfortunately, looking at the reviews it seems like the best thing since sliced bread, fingers crossed over here you get it up and working soon
    10-12-10 09:32 AM
    Anyone have there voice working foe LIP on any of the new 9550 leaked OS?
    11-05-10 09:12 AM
    I got this to try because I recently got lost and used google maps which I love but hated having to pull over to read what my next turn will be. But this app seems like a pain in the *** to set up. I wanna point to a spot on the map for my dest. And use my gps as my starting point. Not create contacts and set my home and work addresses. Lame! I also don't need my whole LIFE in one app, just give me a functional gps/map/voiced nav app for free.

Still looking for a free map/nav app that's as easy as google maps that will talk to me so I don't have to look. I've tried amaze and now lip and gave up very quickly. C'mon google!!

It seems irresponsible to even have an app with directions and NOT have a voice option for drivers.

12-02-10 12:00 AM
    Has anybody tried this on a 9800 Torch? It's not listed as a supported device on App World.
    12-04-10 12:46 AM
    As far as the turn by turn nav, has anyone found it to be reliable enough to use?

I love Google Maps, and I'm sure google will never release the turn by turn to any phone except for an Android.....
    12-07-10 01:57 PM
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out a way to download this to my Curve 8330. I've tried the direct links to .jad files that I've found online, I've tried Blackberry App World (it says that it's not compatible with my device, but the LIP site says it works with the 8310)... Can someone please advise me how to successfully download this app?
    thanks
    12-20-10 08:08 PM
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out a way to download this to my Curve 8330. I've tried the direct links to .jad files that I've found online, I've tried Blackberry App World (it says that it's not compatible with my device, but the LIP site says it works with the 8310)... Can someone please advise me how to successfully download this app?
    thanks
    Non Verizon 8330/8830 works but it�s well known that Verizon blocks 8330/8830/8130 GPS so it can sell its own apps but Verizon users blame it on us. App World does not allow us to suspend Verizon 8330/8830 only so can only exclude all 8330/8830s for now.

We have been talking to Verizon about this but probably it involves large per user in annual revenue, so Verizon won�t unblock it.

Even without GPS, you can pretty much do everything using addresses except navigation. You can also use external Bluetooth to use all features.

Verizon cannot block newer models such as 8530, 9330, 9630, 9650, Storms, 9670 etc. so all those models are supported.

We are working hard for a workable solution to enable 8330/8830 download, however you can download from our site LifeInPocket GPS Mobile Application & Services - Your life in your pocket directly in the future. We apologized for the inconvenience!

Warm regards,
    12-20-10 08:18 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD