Don't see anything under Service Book listed for WAP2 or WPTCP. I see a BISClientconfig and a WAP Push among other things. Is that something I should ask for or does it indicate they have blocked those services in my area?

Ken
    Last edited by Oracleguy; 04-19-10 at 05:25 PM.
    04-19-10 05:19 PM
    Update ... I deleted and reinstalled LifeInPocket and now it works. Must have been something Verizon pushed to our Storms to break it because both my phone and my wife's phone stopped working with LifeInPocket at the same time. I know they pushed a link to NFL Mobile to our phones last week so maybe that did it. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Ken
    04-19-10 06:31 PM
    I am glad the issue is gone. Thanks for the update!
    04-20-10 11:36 AM
    Having issues w/ LIP on my VZW Bold. My regular GPS works fine w/ VZ Nav, BB Maps & Google Maps, but every time I try to lookup anything, it gets stuck on "Searching Satellites". I deleted & re-installed twice but still same problem. Any clues/ suggestions on what could be wrong? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 07:39 AM
    VZW has blocked older model for BlackBerry 3rd party app GPS access but they could not block newer models. I hope it's not blocked by VZW. We have tested Sprint 9650 with no issues but not sure about VZW 9650 yet.

In fact LifeInPocket is tested by Sprint 9650 team prior to launch and featured at 9650 Sprint Zone as one pf the top SUGGESTED APP for 9650.

When installing LifeInPocket, please make sure that you permit LifeInPocket to connect to Internet otherwise it would not connect and may cause various problems. You can change permissions at
    Settings --> Advanced --> Applications --> LifeInPocket --> Permissions

If you did then it’s likely some other apps such as VZ Navigator in your phone possessed the network port, resource or leak memory. Please perform below procedure to free up the port and memory.

- You can delete our app Option --> Advanced --> Applications --> LifeInPocket --> Press BB key to select delete to delete LifeInPocket

- Pull the battery

- Re-install LifeInPocket

Let us know if you still experience issue!

Cheers
    06-07-10 11:55 AM
    Well I deleted again, re-installed, tested internal GPS in the options (which found & gave a positive report), changed every permission to 'ALLOW', battery pulled, but to no avail. Left it 'Scanning Satellites' for two hours on two occasions. Cannot figure this problem out. I'd love to make this one work because it seems like a great app, but I don't wanna keep it if the GPS function isn't working, or get a new phone since the GPS is proven to work
    . Are there any other VZW 9650 owners with this problem?

06-08-10 07:47 AM
    Well I deleted again, re-installed, tested internal GPS in the options (which found & gave a positive report), changed every permission to 'ALLOW', battery pulled, but to no avail. Left it 'Scanning Satellites' for two hours on two occasions. Cannot figure this problem out. I'd love to make this one work because it seems like a great app, but I don't wanna keep it if the GPS function isn't working, or get a new phone since the GPS is proven to work
    . Are there any other VZW 9650 owners with this problem?

I had LIP working on the Tour, it should be the same for the Bold. Have you done a GPS test? Does blackberry maps lock onto the GPS?
    06-08-10 10:41 AM
    Hi Guys,

Further test on Verizon 9650, we found that VZW does handle GPS very differently from Sprint 9650.

You can download the Verizon 9650 pre-release of LifeInPocket from our server directly at http://lifeinpocket.com/html/g48.jad by selecting this link on your Blackberry.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!
    06-08-10 07:18 PM
    Happy to report that this did work, and is awesome! Can't wait to play around w/ all of the features. Keep us informed of the changes w/ the pre-release to full release. Thanks!

06-09-10 07:04 AM
    Hi Drew,

Thanks for the report, glad to hear that! Our internal test and several beta tested also completed the test and release rev. 0.78. You can download the official version nor.

Please note that LifeInPocket voice navigation is designed best for local streets! If you have to use it for a long distance trip, we suggest our users to plan trip with PC maps then use LifeInPocket to assist you.

You can do below,
    � Select "View BlackBerry Map route"
    � or/and select "View destination map" to open google map"
    � or/and select re-route to get new route
    during navigation.

You can always run BB/Google Maps in parallel with LifeInPocket.

Cheers
    06-09-10 11:52 AM
    Thanks for your help Robsss.

I only saw version 1.1 on lifeinpocket.com. Not sure if this one will work, so I haven't downloaded it. Also, what would make it 10x better is:

1. Street/Road names!!!
    2. There seems to be a gap between turning directions, i.e. "Turn right ...(5 sec gap)... NOW" I'm almost through the intersection when it tells me to turn now.
    06-09-10 04:14 PM
    You are welcome Drew,

Many thanks for the input! Will pass it to our team for review. The version 1.1 is our loader, you can download the loader and it will download the right version for you!

Cheers,
    06-09-10 04:29 PM
    I have an 8330 with US Cellular. It has gps capabilities, but BB Maps and Google Maps can't always find satellites even though Garmin Mobile has no trouble. Anyway, LIP tells me I DON'T have gps capabilities!!! What gives???
    06-10-10 02:23 PM
    Verizon and USC are the only two US carriers blocks BlackBerry GPS. Sprint, AT&T and other carriers never block GPS as I know. However some BlackBerrys such as 8520, 8320, 8300, 8100 and 8120 do not have Internal GPS.

On certain models such as Peearl, 8830 and Curve, Verizon and USC are able to block 3rd party apps accessing GPS from their base station. The reason is simple, combine VZ Navigation and other services to LifeInPocket equivalent probably will bring VZW up to $40 per month revenue. For USC, it apparently is paid by Garmin to unblock GPS for it's app. BlackBerry Maps is a native app thus is not blocked for VZW but USC apparently still blocking it.

If you use a GPS un-blocked app to acquire GPS fix, once your get GPS data then other GPS blocked apps may be able to get GPS fix too but I heard that they tried to blocked this with newer OS.

VZW and USC can not block GPS of Storms, 8530, Tour and 9650 from base station because RIM changed their GPS architecture.

You can still use non-GPS features or use Bluetooth GPS ($15 or more from eBay or other stores) to get all GPS features..

You can find more by Google search verizon blocks Blackberry GPS - Google Search

Ask RIM for paring guide or see our Bluetooth paring instruction here http://roadcomm.com/Mobile/BluetoothPair.html

Warm Regards,
    06-10-10 03:28 PM
    It's strange because GPS Logger has no problem getting a location, as well as Garmin. Also, I can go to Options>Status and type "test" and it tests okay for gps. There are times when both BB Maps and Google Maps can lock onto satellites, but very rarely. It doesn't seem like USCC is blocking anything since they occasionally work, so I was wondering if it had something to do with the software somehow.
    06-10-10 03:38 PM
    Once you use Garmin to get GPS then BB/Google Maps can probably get GPS too for a while.

Once the assisted GPS data is gone from the buffer then BB/Google Maps won't get GPS fix anymore. That's my guess.

If USC and VZW change the OS to remove assisted GPS data (acquired from the base station) quickly then BB/Google Maps won't get GPS fix anymore.
    06-10-10 03:48 PM
    For your information, VZW un-blocked BB Maps GPS about one year ago but USC seems still blocking BB Maps GPS according to your findings.
    06-10-10 04:19 PM
    I don't think USCC is blocking gps because I can type TEST when I go to Options>Status and it works. Also, programs like BB Maps wouldn't work intermittently if it were blocked.
    06-10-10 05:49 PM
    You can perform below test to see what happens but you have to make sure that you didn't use any app to get GPS within past 8 hours to make sure you don't have assisted GPS data in device buffer.
    1 make sure you are outside or in your car
    2 go into options on your blackberry curve
    4 click on status
    5 type the word "test"
    6 Hit the menu button
    7 click start
    8 check the check box for GPS
    9 click run
    wait a few moments (usually it isn't too long)
    then it will say successful
    If it does say successful, that means you phone is likely able to get assisted location data from USC base station. Let us know the result of this test!
    06-10-10 06:34 PM
    I did that and it was successful.
    06-10-10 06:49 PM
    That's interesting! Did you make sure that you didn't use any app to get GPS within past 8 hours to make sure you don't have assisted GPS data in device buffer?
    Cheers,
    06-10-10 07:35 PM
    That's interesting! Did you make sure that you didn't use any app to get GPS within past 8 hours to make sure you don't have assisted GPS data in device buffer?
    Cheers,
    I have used the test procedure a number of times without having used another app other than BB Maps. I used the test procedure because BB Maps wasn't working.
    06-10-10 09:58 PM
    Hi Robsss, any news on the UK/Euro version yet... or is it still 'under development'?

06-11-10 12:00 PM
    I have used the test procedure a number of times without having used another app other than BB Maps. I used the test procedure because BB Maps wasn't working.
    Thanks for getting back to me! Hope someone from USC will be able to give us the final answer.

6 months ago our field test team and carrier relationship team concluded that USC blocks 83Xx, 88XX and 81xx GPS by not providing PDE assisted GPS data to 3rd party apps unless a business agreement is established I think that means pay USC per PDE hit?

Many our USC beta tester also reported that. Maybe USC has changed that recently but 8330 uses Qualcomm GPS One chipset, if Google/BB Maps can get PDE then they should work without issue but it seems they can only work once a while.

Maybe write a letter to USC President will force them to answer your question. Many of our VZW 8330 users wrote to VZW President and VZW did respond and confessed that it blocks GPS on 8330 3rd party apps.
    06-11-10 12:16 PM
    Hi Robsss, any news on the UK/Euro version yet... or is it still 'under development'?

Thanks for the patience but I have not hear anything yet!
    Cheers,
    06-11-10 12:17 PM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD