May I suggest that the turn by turn voice be changed up a bit? Instead of saying "Turn right" then 10 seconds later "in 2 miles". Either have it say "In 2 miles" first, or have the time delay between saying turn and when to do it, shortened.
    03-04-10 02:41 AM
    May I suggest that the turn by turn voice be changed up a bit? Instead of saying "Turn right" then 10 seconds later "in 2 miles". Either have it say "In 2 miles" first, or have the time delay between saying turn and when to do it, shortened.
    Thank you for the great input! We have received many similar beta feedback and we have implemented it in our future release already.

Please sign-in to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ to report a bug or to provide beta feedback in the future so you can assign the right of your input to us per beta user agreement. Thanks in advance!
    03-04-10 10:53 AM
    I used to use Telenav, it trapped me in the middle of the road when I drove to Las Vegas and never work reliably when I drive a little bit out of my area. Bought Garmin's $100 app while it's only worse and drain battery even faster.

This the only Nav app taking me from point A to point B without any glitch for months. Most importantly, it's turning voice instructions are very precise so it's pretty much hands and eyes free for me. A lot of time, I simply leave it in my pocket during navigation.
    Glad to hear that we are able to save some money for you and it works well for you. Though it's not necessary to look at the screen all the time but it shows you many useful info such as upcoming turning street name, turn instruction, heading (N, NE, S, ...), remaining trip distance, distance to next turn, % of trip completed, satellite signal/volume meter, etc.

No matter what navigation system you are using. If you do a lot of long distance traveling, we suggest that you plan your trip in advance by referencing Google PC maps and our PC online trip planning tool so you can optimize your route, avoid error and click to go to destinations without typing.

LifeInPocket navigation is the only nav engine allow you to re-calculate the route anytime anywhere you want.

Report map error to https://www.lifeinpocket.com/html/ immediately so we can work with our map vendors to fix it. An updated map has been in alpha test for 6 month already, will release for you guys to use as soon as alpha test is completed.
    Last edited by RoadComm Beta Team; 03-07-10 at 06:21 PM.
    03-04-10 11:11 AM
    I am planning a trip to Las Vegas from California Central Valley. It will be an interesting test for LIP
    03-10-10 12:06 AM
    When is LifeInPocket Nav coming to Canada? I want to give this a try
    03-13-10 11:26 AM
    I first used LIP with a i580 found it usefull within its (and the iDen networks) limitations. The latest incarnation (on BB) I have been happy with for the most part. The other day when the NWS issued tornado warnings and watches in this area I was at the dentists office. The receptionist was trying to tell everyone what was going on while listening to the radio. I pulled out the BB fired up LIP. Hit up the Check Weather Conditions and had the alerts pulled up before another guy using that other phone (that begins with a letter that ryhmes with eye) could even figure out where to go to look. The app does allow for a large amount of personalization so be sure to dig in. And dont neglect using a PC and the web to tweak.

My $.02
    Last edited by Mr_Eddie; 03-13-10 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Still on iDen (Nextel data) BTW
    03-13-10 12:55 PM
    SOme of it works..like the website links etc...HOWEVER, it can NEVER connect to traffic, local businesses, etc, etc

The GPS is on and locked when I attempt to open all these..and nadda..it says try again later..its done this for 3 days since downloading.

I've got a Tour through Verizon..any ideas?
    04-05-10 07:58 AM
    Apparently there's something blocking it from connecting to Internet. LifeInPocket supports direct TCP, carrier gateway, WAP2, BIS, BES, WIFI, ... pretty much all BB connections that's why we rarely hear any connection from our users.

If your device is a corporate device then you need to check with your IT guys to make sure they change IT Policy in your 9630 to permit LifeInPocket to run and pass through firewall.

If it's a personal device, check your Service Book to make sure you have direct TCP connection. Sometimes carrier's gateway blocks some traffic, if LifeInPocket detect the blocking it will route through direct TCP connection.

Cheers!
    04-05-10 05:03 PM
    Thank you for your prompt response. It CAN connect to the internet on some things...like weather, youtube, etc.....

HOWEVER, EVERY time I click on the traffic icon, or things under the GPS like stores near me, etc, etc it says it service can not be connected and to ty later or something roughly similar to that..it's quite confusing that some links work while others give me the 'can't connect' message every time. It's very frustrating as I want to love this app....
    04-05-10 05:32 PM
    "network is temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

that's the exact message...which, again, only occurs when i try to look up traffic, restaurants, businesses etc..

weather works, gps works, sports sites, video sites, etc etc etc connect fine...

04-05-10 05:43 PM
    Are you connecting through BES? Corporate firewalls have their own "tastes", apparently you are able to connect to most of our servers but connection to some servers are blocked.
    04-05-10 06:36 PM
    no..I have company email on it..but its definately not through my company server/BES...i pay the 29.99..thats more than enough haha

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times..so dang frustrating
    04-05-10 06:38 PM
    Do you have direct TCP in your service Book?
    04-05-10 06:59 PM
    I don't see it...however, under advanced options there is a separate tcp/ip category that you can select...just not anything that says tcp when i click on servicebook
    04-05-10 09:23 PM
    It appears something is blocking your connection to our local search server (but not other servers). It could be BIS, proxy server, firewall etc. It can be various of reason for example a symbol or stream it didn't like.

LifeInPocket has the capability to re-route the connection to direct TCP and WAP2 connections which are normally cleaner.

Ask VZW to add WPTCP and WAP2 to your Service Book. You can email me your service book and I can review it and let you know what's missing.
    04-06-10 11:17 AM
    We already found out this issue is caused by a Tour OS 5.0.0.591 bug. If you down grade OS to previous version then the issue will be gone.

A work around was also developed to avoid this OS bug and is released as LifeInPocket 0.715. You may re-download it to replace current version. Let me know how it goes! Cheers!
    04-08-10 12:56 AM
    where can I find .715? I tried updating in the program but it says .714 is the newest version. Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 09:28 AM
    I found it. Downloaded it.....and it WORKS! Finally I can use this,,,,!!!! Thanks again for updating it for 5.0 ..RIM/Verizon really screwed the pooch on this OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 09:57 AM
    Your very welcome! Glad to hear that! In the future, you can always sign-in to our site at lifeinpocket.com/html/ to report an issue. This way we can find more information, establish a trouble ticket and track the issue. You should be able to enjoy all LifeInPocket features now.

Cheers
    04-08-10 11:22 AM
    Does this work in the UK ?
    04-11-10 03:49 PM
    Does this work in the UK ?
    We support US only for now. UK is under development. Thanks,
    04-11-10 04:11 PM
    For the last few days, my wife and I both (from our BB Storms) are getting Network Error... Network is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Is LifeInPocket offline or just our service (Verizon) or just our accounts?

Ken
    04-19-10 01:45 PM
    All LifeInPocket servers have been up and running with no issue. All Verizon devices we have in our test labs are running LifeInPocket and connecting to our server withoutwithout any issue.

Please note LifeInPocket has backup server, network and even our own power generator so we have near 0 down time service record!

It appears something is blocking the connection to our server. It could be a VZW gateway, new OS upgrade, 3rd party gateway/router, etc is having problem.

Please note that LifeInPocket is one of the very few app supports direct TCP, WAP, carrier gateway, BIS, BES, WiFi .. pretty much all BB connections so it has the capability to route through different path if standard path is blocked!

Check you Service Book to make sure VZW has WAP2 and WPTCP for your device so LifeInPocket can bypass broken 3rd party gateways.
    04-19-10 02:30 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. How would I check the Service Book for the items you suggested?

Ken
    04-19-10 03:49 PM
    You are welcome!

Options > Advanced > Service Book

Warm Regards,
    04-19-10 04:04 PM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD