Hi, I've been thinking about I and came to the conclusion that BB has to license BB10. Let's face it, companies like Sony, Samsung and HTC have hardware leaps better than blackberry. Beside this will help them get a better marketing strategy since other companies will do them and it will also help keeping the cost of the phones down.
    I know that a big part of BB's revenue comes from hardware but they're posting losses so better try something new than stick with the old formula that doesn't work anymore.
    07-02-13 09:09 AM
    Hi, I've been thinking about I and came to the conclusion that BB has to license BB10. Let's face it, companies like Sony, Samsung and HTC have hardware leaps better than blackberry. Beside this will help them get a better marketing strategy since other companies will do them and it will also help keeping the cost of the phones down.
    I know that a big part of BB's revenue comes from hardware but they're posting losses so better try something new than stick with the old formula that doesn't work anymore.
    Mobile OS are a dime a dozen now, and many of them would be much cheaper than BB10 to license.

The problem is most users don't care about the OS, they just want to be able to do what their friends can do with their smartphone. That means having a complete ecosystem that has at least all the major apps. ANYTHING not based on iOS (which nothing is but Apple products) or Android and their ecosystems is having problems gaining traction with consumers. That's why BBRY added the Android Player in an attempt to jump start their app count... to bad most of the ported apps were not the big names that people wanted.

Until the BB10 platform matures and BBRY proves it is a viable platform... why would another manufacture want to pay to license it?
    07-02-13 10:10 AM
    Why would anyone want to license it at this point? No one seems to care about it (outside of the crackberry community).
    07-02-13 10:11 AM