Hey guys!

I know the li-Ion batteries don't have memory, so you can charge whenever you want it.

So,by logic li-Polimer ones have that memory and you should only charge them when its dead.

Am i right?

I don't to screw another battery ^^
    esk369 likes this.
    09-21-12 04:45 PM
    Battery memory went away with the demise of NiCd. Li-ion and Li-po have very similar characteristics, both will include smart charging circuits and should not degrade with frequent charging in their assigned device. In fact running lithium rechargeable cells to low charge levels is more likely to impair performance, and regular topping up will give better life.
    PedroBorgas and esk369 like this.
    09-21-12 05:39 PM
    My gfs phones battery lasts less than 12 hours :S I thought it was because of its specs!

Damn
    09-21-12 05:42 PM
    My gfs phones battery lasts less than 12 hours :S I thought it was because of its specs!

Damn
    How long the battery lasts is dependent on a large number of factors. The apps used on the device and whether any update frequently, streaming radio or video, being in an area with very low signal (the phone will use a great deal more power searching for or maintaining the signal), etc.

Granted a battery with a higher rating (1000mAh vs 1800 mAh) should last longer, all things being equal.
    09-21-12 05:56 PM
    All depends on the phone, how it gets used (and how much) and the quality of cellular signal when the phone is active. I can easily get a full day with many calls in a good signal area, but I have seen the same battery go dead in 5 hours with only 2 short calls in marginal coverage.
    09-21-12 05:56 PM
    She has a Sony Ericsson live with walkman that she uses to take and view pics, facebook, calls, texts, and an occasional Angry Birds game.

I changed the 3G network back to Edge and it did made a difference, but still doesnt last that much

Meanwhile if found a great deal and bought a used SE LW for me and another battery for us.

To my surprise, and after using the wifi nonstop(and further gaming) for about 2/3h my phone's battery drained only a little bit, making me question the memory of these batteries...

So i guess the network is the worst problem here,right?
    09-22-12 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD