I had my phone synced up to the Bluetooth in my 2006 Lexus GS430. No issues. Last Saturday, while on a call, the network dropped the call. I was unable to use the Bluetooth again. Now whenever I get in the car and start it (the phone automatically connects) as soon as its connected, the car goes into conversation mode with loud buzzing coming from the car speakers. The only way to get it to stop is to hit the "HANG UP" button on the steering wheel or the nav screen. THe phone is still connected to the car, but I can't make or receive calls.

I have deleted the phone from the car's system, I have deleted the car from the phone, reinstalled them and I still get the same issue. I just connected my wife's LG Voyager to the car and no issues.

I thought it was the car, but obviously its the phone. I tried searching on here (sorry if this has been addressed), so if anyone can help me with some ideas with what I can do with the phone, I'd appreciate it. This is my replacement phone, after I loaded OS 5.0 on my original, went back to the old OS and still had issues. I have not, and WILL NOT load OS 5.0 on this phone!

Thanks!
    06-25-10 11:59 PM
    Try this

Remove the phone from the car's system. Turn the car off. Make sure the phone is no longer visible in the car. remove the car from the phone's BT. Reboot the phone twice.

Try pairing the phone again and see if that helps.
    Last edited by cb1111; 06-27-10 at 05:10 PM. Reason: typo
    06-26-10 08:34 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that.

I was able to pair the phone to my Plantronics bluetooth earpiece. I appreciate the advice!
    06-26-10 10:21 PM
    Rebooting the phone a couple of times usually helps
    06-27-10 05:10 PM
    I tried the rebooting and still the same problem. I got in my wife's Grand Cherokee today, which the phone is also paired to and the same thing.
    06-27-10 08:17 PM
    I have a Lexus 2005 SC430 and have had the same problem with my Blackberry Bold 9650 through Verizon. Initially, it paired without difficulty, transferred the phonebook without difficulty, and worked perfectly. After about a month, it started popping up with a "conversation" as soon as the bluetooth paired. There is no loud buzzing - just a static hiss sound (maybe my volume's lower). Again, the only way to get it to go away is to hang up the phone. One more thing, I can no longer make phone calls through the hands free on-board phonebook - I must pick up and dial using the Blackberry itself. I tried all the stuff listed with no results (including removing the phone book AND the phone). If you get any fixes, please post. I'm going to check with the Lexus people next...
    07-21-10 06:35 PM
    No fix. I tried everything suggested. I just picked up the Droid X. I no longer need the Blackberry as I have changed jobs. The problem is not the car. It is the Tour. It only happens when the Tour is paired. I have paired the Droid X, my wife's LG Voyager and my mom's phone to both cars and all is fine.

Your problem may be the car, since you are still able to connect the phone and make calls. My issue started as soon as I entered the car and started it. (The phone was set to automatically connect). The car would go directly into conversation mode and the phone was not on a call. In fact I could not pick up or make calls thru the car even though it was paired up to the phone.
    07-21-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD