If you go into Messages->Options, and set PIN messages are Level 1 to NO, is anything a Level 1?

Can you make something else a Level 1?

I ask b/c since I've posted my PIN I've gotten people PIN'ing me, and I guess I'm going to turn this off to avoid getting the Level 1 alarm for nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 12:06 AM
    You can use filtering on an email address to make messages from that address level 1.
    In Messages, highlight but don't click an email from a person.
    Menu/Filter Sender
    Name the filter: Patrick, for example.
    Leave everything else unchecked.
    Action: Forward
    Then check "Forward with level 1 notification."
    06-26-08 08:43 PM
    i know this is a dumb question but what is a level one message and how does it differ from other messages?
    06-26-08 08:52 PM
    Defining a message as Level 1 allows you to assign a different notification to it than normal messages. You control that for pins in Messages/Options/General Options/Make PIN Messages Level 1:
    You can use filters as I described in Post #2 to cause any message to be forwarded with Level 1 Notification. I frequently use Level 1 for messages from my boss. My normal profile does not give any notification for emails, because I get so many during the day. An email from my boss, though, will cause my blackberry to vibrate, because I have messages from her forwarded with Level 1 Notification.
    06-26-08 10:06 PM
    Defining a message as Level 1 allows you to assign a different notification to it than normal messages. You control that for pins in Messages/Options/General Options/Make PIN Messages Level 1:
    You can use filters as I described in Post #2 to cause any message to be forwarded with Level 1 Notification. I frequently use Level 1 for messages from my boss. My normal profile does not give any notification for emails, because I get so many during the day. An email from my boss, though, will cause my blackberry to vibrate, because I have messages from her forwarded with Level 1 Notification.
    You are (berry) detailed and organized with your device. I thought I was a lil extra with 5 emails accts and youmail. LMAO
    06-26-08 10:28 PM
    So glad this was asked. I never got around to asking but wanted to know as well. Lol

06-26-08 10:34 PM

Jeff H

I have changed my settings to make PIN messages level 1 but I STLL only get the blinking red light. How can I attach a notification sound? I have done this with SMS, e-mail etc... but still no sound for my PIN messages.

Puzzled! (Curve 8310)
    08-30-08 03:27 PM
    You edit the profile for Level 1 messages the same way as you did for SMS.
    Profiles / Advanced / Menu / Edit / Level 1 Messages. Select the notification you want for in-holster and out-of-holster. Do this for each profile.

08-30-08 04:21 PM
    I was close but your post did the trick.

Thank you!
    08-30-08 04:38 PM
    does this work on the Curve (8330)? I go into my messages folder, highlight the email, click on menu, but there is not filter sender. What am i doing wrong?
    08-30-08 04:51 PM
    I am not able to make level one message for anything else. It was set to yes for PIN but I set it to no. Would love to have it set for my boyfriend for SMS. What am I doing wrong?

08-30-08 05:14 PM
    The way you do that is filter on the sender. In Messages, select a message from your boyfriend, press the Menu button and select "Filter Sender." You should see a filter with your boyfriend's email address in the From: field. Name the filter, leave all the check boxes unchecked, Importance None, Sensitivity None. In Action, select Forward, then check the box for "Forward with Level 1 Notification."
    08-30-08 08:41 PM
    The way you do that is filter on the sender. In Messages, select a message from your boyfriend, press the Menu button and select "Filter Sender." You should see a filter with your boyfriend's email address in the From: field. Name the filter, leave all the check boxes unchecked, Importance None, Sensitivity None. In Action, select Forward, then check the box for "Forward with Level 1 Notification."
    Ok, so here is what i am doing... maybe you can see where my problem is.

Click on message folder
    highlight message from someone i want to have level 1 message from
    hit menu
    Menu options are: help, open, mark unopened, save, reply, forward, forward as, delete, compose email, compose PIN, place call, Compose SMS text, Compose MMS, BlackBerry Messenger, Search, Search Sender, Search Subject, View Folder, View Saved Messages, Options, Reconcile Now, Switch Application, Close

I tried the search sender but i don't find any options to filter sender.
    08-30-08 08:55 PM
    ^That happened to me to. (att 8820) any suggestions?

08-30-08 09:10 PM
    It may be that my menu options are only available for BES users. As BIS users, you should be able to log-on to your BIS carrier's site and create filters there. Look there and see if you can find the filter options. The setup should be similar in that case as well.
    08-30-08 09:18 PM
    That was it... you have to do it thru the BIS site.
    Great tip Jeff
    Thanks
    08-30-08 09:33 PM
    Worked for me too! Thanks Jeff!
    08-30-08 10:40 PM
    It may be that my menu options are only available for BES users. As BIS users, you should be able to log-on to your BIS carrier's site and create filters there. Look there and see if you can find the filter options. The setup should be similar in that case as well.
    Thanks...that did the trick for me..I was unable to do it on my Blackberry but wanted to get notification if email arrived from my son in Iraq....I was able to do it on my BIS website.
    09-03-08 06:31 AM
    Thanks...that did the trick for me..I was unable to do it on my Blackberry but wanted to get notification if email arrived from my son in Iraq....I was able to do it on my BIS website.
    I'm always glad to help, but especially someone whose son is serving our country...
    09-03-08 10:02 AM
    That's awesome I saw that in the options and wondered what the heck a level 1 msg was thanks for the enlightenment.
    09-04-08 01:58 PM
    You learn something new everyday. Now, I can see how this would be useful. Well done Jeff. Thanks for the info.
    10-05-08 06:21 PM
    Jeffh that is a pretty slick trick. Thanks.
    10-05-08 10:11 PM
    How do I log into my BIS carriers site?

10-06-08 07:10 AM
    That works great for emails, but what about SMS/MMS messages set to level ?
    10-06-08 11:37 AM
    You can set your SMS alert in profiles to be whatever you want it to be, but I don't see an option to make SMS messages Level 1. You could set the alert to be the same as you use for Level 1, so the only difference would be the SMS would not display in red.

It's convenient to send SMS or Pins to yourself while setting up your profiles and alerts. If you're not familiar with profiles, here's the procedure from the How to forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    10-06-08 11:49 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD