I'm starting this thread to counter all the negative ones. Let's talk about the Passport which is coming out in a couple of days rather than what phone Kevin bought. Let's change the culture around here.

I work in Healthcare and am going back for my graduate degree. I work with documents a lot. The more I think about it, the Passport may fit my needs. I really want to hold one first to see if the size is right. I know I can can work with Microsoft Office with it. I'm comfortable with the UI. What specific things or uses makes you interested in the Passport?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-14 08:04 AM
    Of course the screen size is magnificent but so also is the touch sensitive keyboard and 2.2GHz Quad-core processor? I don't think anything out there is remotely close to the processor size. The phone might be a bit large but I really dont care. Dare to be different!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:11 AM
    I'm an insurance adjuster and will be buying as soon as it's available. The bb10 android runtime in 10.3 is doing excellent with the few android apps I want to run but for the most part all I do is deal with email and documents during the day. The upgraded camera will be welcomed as well as I may be able to use it over my point and shoot. Would be one less thing to carry. Also interested in remote desktop to my windows 8 computer while out and about. Should work better with the screen on the passport. I can really see it becoming my do it all device and with 32 gb on board plus the SD card expansion it will be able to serve for a good while.

Z30 on AT&T
    09-23-14 08:14 AM
    I will take my delivery tomorrow from the only BlackBerry store of the world @ Dubai. I am buying the passport for below reasons :
    1. Size of the device. It get noticed immediately.
    2. Half virtual and half touch keyboard.
    3. The amazing 10.3 OS.
    To say the least Passport will be the phone of the year. It will prove all critics wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:15 AM
    I'm still torn keep my z30 or getting the passport...

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-23-14 08:18 AM
    All good points. I'm very interested in what people will use it for. Someone mentioned virtual desktop. Others documents. I know there has been talk about its use in Healthcare especially radiology imaging. I would be interested in showing it to our radiologists and seeing what they think.

09-23-14 08:19 AM
    The processor of the Passport is one of the critical points of the device. Because it's last year's generation and not what's being offered by todays (high-end) standards. But I don't really want to get into such a discussion, the used SoC is much faster than anything a BB10 device ever used.

Personally I am looking forward to the Passport, just because it is one of the most interesting devices since quite some time. It transports the classic physical keyboard into the next generation instead of just attaching one to a touch-screen.
    The large 1:1 screen including the massive resolution is a great step. I already enjoyed the 1:1 on the Q10 for simplicity, yet it felt a bit cramped at times. The enlarged screen estate should be helpful for all kinds of document editing and reading.

Yet I have to say I am not sold yet and most likely won't buy one right away. Wanting to get a hands-on first seeing how I like the new keyboard concept. As interesting as it is, I am leaning towards the Classic because I am used to the traditional BB keyboard and simply getting the trackpad back is already a nice addition.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-23-14 08:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Get the Passport and keep the Z30 as well. That's my plan.

Z30 on AT&T
    Uzi and drkpitt like this.
    09-23-14 08:22 AM
    Being a shipping professional Passport will be of immense help due to it square screen. Locating ship on mobile will be very easy and maps will be very legible. The square screen has huge advantages for specific jobs. Here is one of the screen shots of sea map from my z30.
    Passport will outperform Z30 and other devices.
    [ATTACH]299830[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Let's talk Passport-img_20140923_171917.png  
    09-23-14 08:23 AM
    It would be cool if you could zoom in and out by just sliding your finger back and forth along the keyboard.

09-23-14 08:25 AM
    Great thread OP.

So what makes me so pumped about the Passport? It's basically that from a hardware standpoint, it doesn't let you down in any respect. It's quality through and through and the overall package is unique. Just the bullet points:

- SoC and RAM are a significant upgrade from my Z10 and should make it immensely powerful, especially running BB10. S801? Isn't that of an upgrade so I'm fine with that
    - double the internal storage of my Z10 and a slot to pop my 32GB card in right away
    - Paratek antenna: yes I love to have a phone that kicks *** in this department and keeps a signal where others fall flat
    - super loud stereo speakers: awesome to be able to make serious conference calls again
    - BlackBerry typical top notch call quality
    - a massive battery for eternal juice during the day
    - a massive, bright, super high dense IPS display that beats any other phone on the planet in terms of physical portrait width
    - yep: dat keyboard! Physical keys again!
    - built quality! Stainless steel frame rubber back. There's no better way to build a phone, period.
    - that updated camera with an upgraded Sony sensor and OIS! Awesome!
    - masculine, boxy, very distinctive boss-like design, bold and reminiscent of the 8800
    - OS 10.3 with BlackBerry Blend

Awesome times are just ahead! And that for just 599! It's Christmas in September.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-23-14 10:53 AM
    I'm an insurance adjuster and will be buying as soon as it's available. The bb10 android runtime in 10.3 is doing excellent with the few android apps I want to run but for the most part all I do is deal with email and documents during the day. The upgraded camera will be welcomed as well as I may be able to use it over my point and shoot. Would be one less thing to carry. Also interested in remote desktop to my windows 8 computer while out and about. Should work better with the screen on the passport. I can really see it becoming my do it all device and with 32 gb on board plus the SD card expansion it will be able to serve for a good while.

Z30 on AT&T
    Which device do you have??? The issues I have running Android apps on 10.2.whatever is the screen being cut off and not them not recognizing the keyboard. How does 10.3 handle that?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:03 AM
    very very interested in passport to ditch my 1+1 android device, i just need to try it before i make my call.... i am so torn because i can't keep this up with android anymore its making my life a living nightmare its so inefficient compared to BB!0.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-23-14 11:12 AM
    I work in Healthcare and am going back for my graduate degree. I work with documents a lot. The more I think about it, the Passport may fit my needs.
    Depending on what area of the health care industry you work in, the Passport may or may not suit your needs. If you serve in a more administrative capacity, it's possible the Passport (or other BB10 smartphone) may suffice. As things currently stand, clinicians are likely better served by supplementing, if not supplanting, their BB10 smartphone with iOS or possibly Android. I'm not yet convinced that the advantages of the form factor and the innate virtues of BB10 are enough to overcome the absence of major clinical apps on the platform. See this thread for more: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l-apps-956737/
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    09-23-14 11:12 AM
    Its definitely giving me some chub and will probably be getting one as soon as its available off contract

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-23-14 11:13 AM
    When is available in Canada?. I want one.

From my ? phone
    09-23-14 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same dilemma over here.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:35 AM
    I'm a student at Carleton university in Ottawa. I currently have a Q10 and find it extremely useful in keeping organized! With the passport I will be better able to edit my school work and keep in touch with my colleagues. The ability to instantly reply to student and personal emails with the hub make it extremely easy. I can't wait for the Passport! It will only make me even more productive!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-23-14 11:50 AM
    Great comments. I am in Administration so my need is non-clinical. When I worked in an ICU I needed clinical apps more. Now my need is documentation. The Passport may fit the bill.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    09-23-14 01:26 PM
    I read a comment a very long time ago that I found very interesting and I think should be discussed. FB and Instagram are one of the most widely used apps. The passport has a 1:1 screen ratio. Both Facebook and Instagram display pictures/videos in a 1:1 ratio. Won't the passport be the most ideal for taking pics/video and uploading in these apps??? Won't it's users find it much more appealing when using such apps?? If so. I think this may be a boost to those who end up using the passport. Or am I wrong and having a 1:1 ratio actually make it unappealing when using these apps???

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:46 PM
    Another thing that is a must is great battery life. The Passport needs to be as good as my Q10. That will be important to me.

09-23-14 01:47 PM
    Great comments. I am in Administration so my need is non-clinical. When I worked in an ICU I needed clinical apps more. Now my need is documentation. The Passport may fit the bill.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    One thing I'm looking for at the launch events tomorrow is a convincing demonstration of the Passport's distinctive utility in the industries it's ostensibly targeting. It has to go beyond just showing images of spreadsheets and radiographs; ideally BlackBerry would already have put prototypes in the hands of select professionals and elicited feedback and testimonials from them. Otherwise all the hoopla about greater screen width and touch sensitivity is just going to come off as empty rhetoric.
    Last edited by Hlao-roo; 09-23-14 at 02:11 PM.
    09-23-14 01:59 PM
    Of course the screen size is magnificent but so also is the touch sensitive keyboard and 2.2GHz Quad-core processor? I don't think anything out there is remotely close to the processor size. The phone might be a bit large but I really dont care. Dare to be different!

Posted via CB10
    The note 4 that just came out is more than the passport processor!

Posted via my Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-23-14 02:08 PM
    I'm getting the passport after reviews! I am still afraid of the width! But reasons why I want the passport:

It's a BlackBerry
    I love The battery
    It's uniqueness!
    Best specs on a BlackBerry so far!
    And the size!

I am a civil engineer and I work with Excel, Word and pdf files on a regular basis!

09-23-14 02:18 PM
    The note 4 that just came out is more than the passport processor!

Passport is using Snapdragon 800 while Note 4 is using Snapdragon 805, latest chip that start shipping this month.

Basically, in term of devices shipping timelines
    Snapdragon 800 - 2Q/3Q 2013
    Snapdragon 801 - end of 2013/beginning 2014
    Snapdragon 805 - 3Q 2014

What it does show is that BBRY is no longer a tier-1 customer and it will take them longer to ship a new SOC in their device than other tier-1 device customer, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola and HTC. But it is definitely the best one to date in BB10 device family.
    09-23-14 02:19 PM
46 12