03-03-12 02:10 AM
39 12
tools
    @ummie4 - love your design. I like to have a physical keyboard and i'm finding that with thumb typing the middle of the keyboard is a bit of a stretch when in landscape orientation.
    I also like the dual screens and the idea of being able to 'throw' the bottom screen up to the top. It seems to me that this would be a good business tablet as well as good for gaming.
    Not to mention it's different! Not just a rehash of the same old same old. I saw the posts in the news feature and don't want you to think that everyone hates your design.
    01-30-12 09:35 AM
    Interesting designs, I could never use a split keyboard myself though. I've tried to use those split ergonomic PC keyboards and also the split iPad keyboard and I just do not get along very well with them.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    01-30-12 09:47 AM
    Thanks. I have seen throughout the years that when it comes to product design almost no one can tell you what they want up front, but upon seeing something everyone can tell you what they don't want. Glad you like it though.
    01-30-12 09:57 AM
    Split keyboards would stink when you're trying to type a couple of numbers while holding the alt key.
    01-30-12 02:20 PM
    Interesting designs, I could never use a split keyboard myself though. I've tried to use those split ergonomic PC keyboards and also the split iPad keyboard and I just do not get along very well with them.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    I'd actually have to hold a physical product to see if the split keyboard would be viable. The Bold-X is my vision of what a decent design would be, but if there wasn't a comfortable way to accomplish this, I would switch it to something else.
    01-30-12 04:05 PM
    This is something blackberry actually needs to make. Tablets are a dime a dozen, give the people something new, something to get excited about.
    Thanks! I appreciate the positive feedback
    01-30-12 04:13 PM
    I already stated my concept in other threads and I submitted it to crackberry.
    It's all in good fun and funny to see other designs

There's no reason to beat around the bush in this forum, these dream phones suck
    Thanks for your input....

10 new designs went up on the front page. I didn't see your name attached to any of them, so are you one of the ones who didn't use their name, or has it yet to be revealed?
    01-30-12 09:45 PM
    Some cool looking designs. Probably not something I would buy, but good to see all the creative juices flowing in here.

Good job to everyone who created something! I wish I had half the skills to come up with something like that.
    01-30-12 10:08 PM
    A little while ago there was a post asking for users to submit their DreamBerry, or tell the CrackBerry Illustrator what they would like. We were told that the best submissions would be presented eventually. I'd like to see all of the submissions. I know there's a lot of creative CrackBerry fans around here, so show us what your DreamBerry looks like! (Rough image, or photoshop pro, lets see em)

The phone maintains the slim profile of the Bold 99XX, but has a larger overall footprint allowing for a much larger battery for heavy usage.

Well, that's my DreamBerry, a powerhouse for work, and play.

Let me know what you guys think, and show off your own down below!
    This is really different and yeah I think I'd like to play with it, that keyboard is really interesting. I like it.
    01-31-12 01:23 AM
    Loving that B-Bold concept. Nice look and all the specs I want!
    01-31-12 01:55 PM
    Working up an actual phone this time... for redemption Here is a preview.

PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    01-31-12 09:05 PM
    The Blackberry ace looks nice but i think that if doing something new then it should be something really new.. that haven't been used until now.. new type of design.
    02-01-12 12:45 AM
    Working up an actual phone this time... for redemption Here is a preview.

Click to view quoted image
    Looks great, I saw it up on the front page. This ones getting a much more positive reception!
    02-02-12 12:50 AM
    i love the bold-x, it looks great, and easy to use. you may think the split keyboard would be hard, but i feel like it would take about 5 seconds to get used to. large screen, qwerty keboard still, and it will have smooth navigation with dual trackpads, pre genius. make this RIM!
    PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    03-03-12 02:10 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD