A little while ago there was a post asking for users to submit their DreamBerry, or tell the CrackBerry Illustrator what they would like. We were told that the best submissions would be presented eventually. I'd like to see all of the submissions. I know there's a lot of creative CrackBerry fans around here, so show us what your DreamBerry looks like! (Rough image, or photoshop pro, lets see em)

To start things off, I present to you the "BlackBerry Bold-X"

I love my PlayBook and I love my Bold 9900, here's how I see the two coming together into one awesome package.

**Edit: If anyone from the CB team is checking this out, this is an updated picture of a concept I sent in the other night.**

BlackBerry Bold-X

Display Size: 3.8"
    Resolution: 720p
    Screen: Gorilla Glass 2

Processor: TI OMAP5 @2GHz
    System Memory: 1 GB
    Built-In-Storage: 16 GB
    Expandable Storage: MicroSD up to 128GB
    Battery: 3200 mAh

Camera: 16 Megapixels
    Camcorder: 1080p HD (60fps)
    Flash: Dual LED
    Front-Facing Camera: 2.0 Megapixels

Bluetooth: Yes (4.0)
    NFC: Yes
    Wi-Fi: 802.11 b, g, n
    DLNA: Yes
    GSM, UMTS, LTE, HSPA+, EDGE
    GPS: Yes
    Compass: Yes
    USB: MicroUSB

Additional information:
    The world's best mobile keyboard, as featured on the Bold 99XX, is split to each side of the screen. This allows for the screen to be displayed in landscape during normal use.

Dual optical trackpads allow for advanced gaming control and other novel uses for Apps.
    Dual convenience keys located on the top of the phone double as shoulder buttons during game play. This would allow Playstation Certified Android Apps to run no problem.

Physical Menu and Return keys remain, while Call and End Call keys are transferred to the touchscreen.
    The front-facing camera is to the left of the BlackBerry Logo, while a LED indicator sits to the right. A high-quality speaker sits below the screen making for an excellent multimedia experience.

The phone maintains the slim profile of the Bold 99XX, but has a larger overall footprint allowing for a much larger battery for heavy usage.

Well, that's my DreamBerry, a powerhouse for work, and play.

Let me know what you guys think, and show off your own down below!
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-30-12 at 02:56 PM.
    01-29-12 01:30 AM
    well yeah I def like the specs hate the sidekick look
    01-29-12 08:16 AM
    So you suggest BB should go from portrait to landscape like the PB ? Add 2 mm of bezzel around the screen for the beloved swipe on the PB and I'll start saving
    01-29-12 08:35 AM
    So you suggest BB should go from portrait to landscape like the PB ? Add 2 mm of bezzel around the screen for the beloved swipe on the PB and I'll start saving
    Don't worry, I thought that through myself. I figured the material around the speaker at the bottom could be touch sensitive allowing for swipe gestures below, there is plenty of room up top for the same, and above the keyboards there is still room between the trackpads and the screen for a touch sensitive 'bezel' as well! Oh, and its clear in the corners so it'd be good to go for angular swipes from the corners too.

I think the Bold (single piece screen+physical keyboard) should switch to landscape, but it could run in portrait no problem either (may need to use a virtual keyboard in that case if necessary though). The Torch would have no problem acting as a portrait device while the keyboard is out, and as a landscape device while shut. While the Torch touch screen only (should be re-branded) can easily act as either.

All devices could use the same screen this way for uniformity across the platform.
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-29-12 at 08:58 AM.
    01-29-12 08:55 AM
    well yeah I def like the specs hate the sidekick look
    Lol what? That mockup looks nothing like a Sidekick. As for me, my dream berry would have just about the same form factor as my HTC Amaze, with a brilliant screen, 12mp camera, 5mp ffc, 1.5ghz dual core processor, 32gig internal storage with sd card slot, robust app store, robust native apps, UI like the playbook...thats all i can think of for now .
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    01-29-12 09:31 AM
    This looks like a franken-BB
    01-29-12 09:34 AM
    Op I swear I did not steal your idea! I made this design a week ago. Good to see someone else thinking like me tho.

This is my idea for a next gen playbook 3.0 maybe? To take full advantage of the multitasking of the PB I wanted my PB to have dual screens. So you can video chat on 1 screen while you view a power point presentation on the other. I love the Bold 9900's keyboard so I took the same style keys, made them larger and split them in half. I think a table devise with a keyboard layout like this would be really sweet. You can hold the tablet with both hands and thumb type with ease without stretching too far. Above the keyboard are dual trackpads. I still think the trackpad is useful even on a touchscreen device. I think having 2 trackpads might make gaming controls more interesting than what other tablets have to offer these days. My PB has a flashy brushed stainless steel bezel (like the 9900). It folds closed so you don't need a bulky case or screen protector, it protects itself.
    Vorkosigan and PlayBookUserMT like this.
    01-29-12 10:23 AM
    Fugly
    01-29-12 10:25 AM
    Interesting ideas, but it seems they are getting bigger and bigger, no?
    01-29-12 10:38 AM
    @ummie4: I like your clamshell playbook idea. I've been thinking it would be interesting to see QNX working on dual screens. I like the way the clamshell protects both screens without the need of an additional case, but I'm not crazy about how the sides round out. You can't deny the Bolds got one of a keyboard!! Also your photoshop skills are far superior to my paint skills haha, nice mockup

@cntrydncr223: Upon initially putting this together I thought it was big as well, but if you size the heiight of the image to be the same as the Bold 9900, you'll see that its about an inch longerr, and this could probably be trimmed down a bit further by using a Bold 9700 keyboard as it isthinner. Overall I think it would still be smaller than a number of Android phones that are currently on the market, and provide the larger screen realestate.

Thanks for the opinions guys, and let's see some more mockups!!!
    01-29-12 11:26 AM
    This is my idea for a next gen playbook 3.0 maybe? To take full advantage of the multitasking of the PB I wanted my PB to have dual screens. So you can video chat on 1 screen while you view a power point presentation on the other. I love the Bold 9900's keyboard so I took the same style keys, made them larger and split them in half. I think a table devise with a keyboard layout like this would be really sweet. You can hold the tablet with both hands and thumb type with ease without stretching too far. Above the keyboard are dual trackpads. I still think the trackpad is useful even on a touchscreen device. I think having 2 trackpads might make gaming controls more interesting than what other tablets have to offer these days. My PB has a flashy brushed stainless steel bezel (like the 9900). It folds closed so you don't need a bulky case or screen protector, it protects itself.
    Congrats on making it to the frontage Looks like we jogged Kevins memory a little bit.

Would anyone with awesome photoshop skills like to volunteer to turn my MSpaint design into a professional looking render??
    ummie4 likes this.
    01-29-12 11:49 AM
    Thanks. Weird how we both thought of the split keyboard and dual trackpads for gaming. Doesn't look like people really like it. Everyone thinks that its a netbook or laptop. I wanted to show something that is bigger than a phone but still held with both hands. (instead of sitting on your lap...)

I have zero photoshop skills. This was model and rendered using SolidWorks 2012, a 3D CAD program.
    01-29-12 01:04 PM
    Yeah, I noticed you got a bit of criticism there, I liked the idea though. I don't think people will take a split keyboard seriously until there is a truly good implementation if it. Knowing RIM, I'm sure they could make it functional.

I'll have to look into the program, thanks for letting me know what you used.
    01-29-12 01:17 PM
    Here are a few from the original contest post.

***These were submitted from other users. Their forum names appear above their respective images.***

Forum user: seb.hebert

Forum user: vx1

Forum user: WILLSaDICKted

Forum user: shn

Forum user: bbpandy

Enjoy, and don't be too critical. Not everyone has professional rendering skills or programs. Appreciate the vision and ideas.
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-29-12 at 02:04 PM.
    01-29-12 01:37 PM
    I really like that Blackberry Ace and the B-Bold. If you were selling those two, i'd buy in a heart beat. Good job PlaybookUser, btw what program did you use to build those?

I did mine on paint lol, its pretty bland and boring but hey i had some fun making it.
    PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    01-29-12 01:43 PM
    I really like that Blackberry Ace and the B-Bold. If you were selling those two, i'd buy in a heart beat. Good job PlaybookUser, btw what program did you use to build those?

I did mine on paint lol, its pretty bland and boring but hey i had some fun making it.
    Hey CrackBerryTorch9800. The only one I made is in the original post, the BlackBerry Bold-X, and it was made using paint as well. All the other mockups are from other users, their forum names are listed above the images.

I see you're interested in an all touchscreen device. Thanks for adding your mockup!
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-29-12 at 01:58 PM.
    01-29-12 01:55 PM
    that large screen with slide out keypad is awesome.
    01-29-12 02:01 PM
    Hey torch I would be willing to help bring your devise to life. I can't tell too much what you are trying to accomplish with the geometry of you sketch. Shoot me a PM with a better description if you want and maybe I can help ya out.
    01-29-12 02:39 PM
    All of these example phones don't look like next gen phones

In my opinion there is no artistic sophistication

No organic qualities...phones are held in the hand right
    01-29-12 03:21 PM
    All of these example phones don't look like next gen phones

In my opinion there is no artistic sophistication

No organic qualities...phones are held in the hand right
    That may be because the majority of these concepts have been put together from parts of existing phones using MS paint. Try to appreciate the ideas more than the quality of images. I am certainly not a professional designer, if I were my image would be much more polished and have some more personal touches. Perhaps it would be a single flexible translucent sheet with out of this world specs, that would be able to form physical buttons on demand, and I could fold it up and tuck into my suit pocket as a pocket square while not in use.

What is your definition of a next gen phone? All the market seems to look for is, 4"+ HD screen, front/back HD camera, slim, powerful, LTE, and quadcore.

Please share your render master artist and visionary
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-29-12 at 04:22 PM.
    01-29-12 03:36 PM
    That may be because the majority of these concepts have been put together from parts of existing phones using MS paint. Try to appreciate the ideas more than the quality of images. I am certainly not a professional designer, if I were my image would be much more polished and have some more personal touches. Perhaps it would be a single flexible translucent sheet with out of this world specs, that would be able to form physical buttons on demand, and I could fold it up and tuck into my suit pocket as a pocket square while not in use.

What is your definition of a next gen phone? All the market seems to look for is, 4"+ HD screen, front/back HD camera, slim, powerful, LTE, and quadcore.

Please share your render master artist and visionary

I already stated my concept in other threads and I submitted it to crackberry.
    It's all in good fun and funny to see other designs

There's no reason to beat around the bush in this forum, these dream phones suck
    01-29-12 04:45 PM
    it looks like a psp.

i really like the creativity and its interesting but i will pass on that if it comes out to production.
    01-29-12 04:57 PM
    A little while ago there was a post asking for users to submit their DreamBerry, or tell the CrackBerry Illustrator what they would like. We were told that the best submissions would be presented eventually. I'd like to see all of the submissions. I know there's a lot of creative CrackBerry fans around here, so show us what your DreamBerry looks like! (Rough image, or photoshop pro, lets see em)

I love my PlayBook and I love my Bold 9900, here's how I see the two coming together into one awesome package.

**Edit: If anyone from the CB team is checking this out, this is an updated picture of a concept I sent in the other night.**

Click to view quoted image

BlackBerry Bold-X

This is something blackberry actually needs to make. Tablets are a dime a dozen, give the people something new, something to get excited about.
    01-29-12 10:28 PM

Click to view quoted image

BlackBerry Bold-X

Display Size: 3.8"
    Resolution: 720p
    Screen: Gorilla Glass 2

Processor: TI OMAP5 @2GHz
    System Memory: 1 GB
    Built-In-Storage: 16 GB
    Expandable Storage: MicroSD up to 128GB
    Battery: 3200 mAh

Camera: 16 Megapixels
    Camcorder: 1080p HD (60fps)
    Flash: Dual LED
    Front-Facing Camera: 2.0 Megapixels

Bluetooth: Yes (4.0)
    NFC: Yes
    Wi-Fi: 802.11 b, g, n
    DLNA: Yes
    GSM, UMTS, LTE, HSPA+, EDGE
    GPS: Yes
    Compass: Yes
    USB: MicroUSB

Additional information:
    The world's best mobile keyboard, as featured on the Bold 99XX, is split to each side of the screen. This allows for the screen to be displayed in landscape during normal use.

Dual optical trackpads allow for advanced gaming control and other novel uses for Apps.
    Dual convenience keys located on the top of the phone double as shoulder buttons during game play. This would allow Playstation Certified Android Apps to run no problem.

Physical Menu and Return keys remain, while Call and End Call keys are transferred to the touchscreen.
    The front-facing camera is to the left of the BlackBerry Logo, while a LED indicator sits to the right. A high-quality speaker sits below the screen making for an excellent multimedia experience.

The phone maintains the slim profile of the Bold 99XX, but has a larger overall footprint allowing for a much larger battery for heavy usage.

Well, that's my DreamBerry, a powerhouse for work, and play.

Let me know what you guys think, and show off your own down below!

reminds me of the nokia n-gage
    01-30-12 07:58 AM
    if any of these devices brick you can throw it at an ifanboy

hey mr. thorsten heins please hire jon rubenstein
    01-30-12 08:02 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD