mulattosoul90 and gio2002 like this.
    01-20-20 12:04 PM
    Self explanatory. Anyone with me?
    Exactly what pressure can be applied?
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-20-20 12:19 PM
    As I answered in the other thread already:

Just send a petition, along with 5 million dollars.

If you want them to support it after with updates, send another $10 million.

On top of that, TCL will need whatever funds they are withholding from BlackBerry Limited for past commitments in order for the latter to even contemplate it.

Sounds like a done deal.
    Last edited by conite; 01-20-20 at 01:14 PM.
    01-20-20 12:23 PM
    It's a shame Pie hasn't happened. I can't see it now with just months to the end of updates. I'm still happy with my Key2 for now but have been watching the Titan reviews with interest. Even though it's a brick , Android 10 and a massive battery are tempting. I would possibly pair it with a Lightphone II for when I want to leave the brick behind...
    01-20-20 01:10 PM
    It's a shame Pie hasn't happened. I can't see it now with just months to the end of updates. I'm still happy with my Key2 for now but have been watching the Titan reviews with interest. Even though it's a brick , Android 10 and a massive battery are tempting. I would possibly pair it with a Lightphone II for when I want to leave the brick behind...
    Think of the Titan as a tablet. That is the context in which it makes some remote sense.
    01-20-20 01:14 PM
    As I answered in the other thread already:

Just send a petition, along with 5 million dollars.

If you want them to support it after with updates, send another $10 million.

On top of that, TCL will need whatever funds they are withholding from BlackBerry Limited for past commitments in order for the latter to even contemplate it.

Sounds like a done deal.
    Why do you think that TCL owes BlackBerry lots of money?
    01-20-20 01:18 PM
    That seems to be the well-corroborated rumour.
    01-20-20 01:19 PM
    That seems to be the well-corroborated rumour.
    Yes, I believe this rumor is totally true by now, but why BlackBerry didn't take any legal action to get its rights?
    01-20-20 01:20 PM
    Yes, I believe this rumor is totally true by now, but why BlackBerry didn't take any legal action to get its rights?
    Because it costs money to litigate, and it may simply not be worth it.

Or the two parties have come to some sort of understanding to quietly close this thing out.
    John Albert and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-20-20 01:22 PM
    It's been shown to be an issue between Optiemus and BlackBerry Ltd.

But the rumors from the Insider didn't really spell out that there were money issues between TCL and BlackBerry. Maybe the money is OK and they both agreed to end things on good terms, without wasting resources on PIE?

I bet MWC last year it was a done deal.... at this point, it would require hiring people and a lot of additional work.
    01-20-20 01:26 PM
    Yeah man all 16 of us.
    pgg101 and mulattosoul90 like this.
    01-20-20 01:35 PM
    Because it costs money to litigate, and it may simply not be worth it.

Or the two parties have come to some sort of understanding to quietly close this thing out.
    The only "understanding" I could think of would be for TCL to give BBL a big cut of whatever remaining devices are to be sold.

Not sure what else TCL could possibly do to rid themselves of the debt.
    01-20-20 01:43 PM
    The only "understanding" I could think of would be for TCL to give BBL a big cut of whatever remaining devices are to be sold.

Not sure what else TCL could possibly do to rid themselves of the debt.
    Well we don't know what the original contract was for..... other than Chen wasn't really happy with how the terms.
    01-20-20 01:54 PM
    Get to the back of the line. I am still waiting for Oreo on my CDMA K1!!!
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    01-20-20 07:25 PM
    Great stuff here, ha. I was half kidding. But in seriousness, Conite or anyone else more knowledgeable than me: Is there no level of social media style complaining that would raise TCL's attention to this?
    A related question...
    Why is it you can't (or can you?) autoload a newer version of an established OS? Is there a technical reason related to BB's version of Android that it can't be grabbed from some black market-esque spot on the internet? Re: Pie 9.0
    01-20-20 07:45 PM
    Great stuff here, ha. I was half kidding. But in seriousness, Conite or anyone else more knowledgeable than me: Is there no level of social media style complaining that would raise TCL's attention to this?
    A related question...
    Why is it you can't (or can you?) autoload a newer version of an established OS? Is there a technical reason related to BB's version of Android that it can't be grabbed from some black market-esque spot on the internet? Re: Pie 9.0
    They are way beyond acquiescing to social media. The decision has been made long ago. There is no going back.

BlackBerry Android has a locked bootloader, so you can't flash anything not signed by BlackBerry.
    Last edited by conite; 01-20-20 at 08:28 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-20 07:51 PM
    They are way beyond acquiescing to social media. The decision has been made long ago. There is no going back.

BlackBerry Android has a locked boatloader, so you can't flash anything not signed by BlackBerry.
    "Boatloader?" 🤔 That could explain things......
    01-20-20 08:25 PM
    "Boatloader?" ������ That could explain things......
    I knew something was getting in the way!
    01-20-20 08:28 PM
    Android 9 isn't possible, From February 1st Google will allow only update to Android version 10.
    01-21-20 09:26 AM
    Android 9 isn't possible, From February 1st Google will allow only update to Android version 10.
    That leaves us 10 days for TCL to reimburse BlackBerry what they owe them for the Pie update...

...not very hopeful lol
    01-21-20 09:36 AM
    That leaves us 10 days for TCL to reimburse BlackBerry what they owe them for the Pie update...

...not very hopeful lol
    Let's pressure TCL to give us Pie 9.0 on Key 2!-magic-8-ball-2.png
    pgg101 and bh7171 like this.
    01-21-20 09:46 AM
    That's the end date for Pie approval on NEW devices.

That doesn't apply to existing products. Hard to believe they would ever want to squash an update of any kind.
    Last edited by conite; 01-21-20 at 11:22 AM.
    pedrogari likes this.
    01-21-20 10:18 AM
    BBMO should really just do us a solid and eat the cost to get Pie (or even Android 10) ready for Key2. Wouldn't it be lovely of John Chen to make some kind of executive level decision to get that to happen? Key2 really is good enough in terms of specs to last another 2-3 years for us diehard PKB lovers...minus, Android 8's still buggy software, Play Store errors, another annoying aspects. I have a Motorola business phone running 9.0 and it is much better.
    01-21-20 10:25 AM
    BBMO should really just do us a solid and eat the cost to get Pie (or even Android 10) ready for Key2. Wouldn't it be lovely of John Chen to make some kind of executive level decision to get that to happen? Key2 really is good enough in terms of specs to last another 2-3 years for us diehard PKB lovers...minus, Android 8's still buggy software, Play Store errors, another annoying aspects. I have a Motorola business phone running 9.0 and it is much better.
    If BBMo felt there’s a valid reason to eat the cost of PIE, it would have already happened six months ago with that decision according to many decided twelve months ago.

It’s not going to happen. If Android 9 or Android 10 is that big a deal, for some, it’s a requirement, time for buying a new device. I will say that my KEYones are doing fine on Android 8.1 for now so I’m not sure what the big deal is.

However, my primary device is an iPhone XR dual eSIM, until something Android really inspires my dual carry nature. The KEYones are relegated to dual carried WiFi only status...
    01-21-20 10:38 AM
    BBMO should really just do us a solid and eat the cost to get Pie (or even Android 10) ready for Key2.
    They don't need to because they have no more interest in producing BBRY licensed devices; thus the opinions of current Key2 users are moot.

Wouldn't it be lovely of John Chen to make some kind of executive level decision to get that to happen?
    I'm sure that Chen would want that to happen - because he would get a payment from TCL - but alas, TCL has decided that they are through with the BlackBerry brand.
    01-21-20 10:54 AM
54 123