I have a Pearl but i also like the curve. all blackberries are great but i just wanted to see everyone's preferences and why?

i think each one has its advantages and drawback over the other. Yes, the curve has a bigger screen but no predictive text. The Pearl comes in a lot more colors but the curve has well i dunno you guys tell me.
    05-08-08 04:06 PM
    Maybe Tmobile's curves, I had 7 in 2 months I'll never go back, now my 8800 i love -camera..
    05-08-08 04:10 PM
    I love the size of the Curve screen, but the keyboard is too small. I love the suretype and the size of the keys on the Pearl. Plus, the Pearl looks so, I dunno...sleek. I have it in the amethyst and it's so pretty with the gunmetal rails on the side...
    05-08-08 04:18 PM
    It's a matter of preference, you seem to like predictive text and the option of different colors. Visit your Sprint store and compare both phones.
    05-08-08 04:21 PM
    I have a pearl and a curve.

Like them both but prefer the curve with it's qwerty keypad, larger screen and bigger memory.

I aslo prefer the wideness of the curve, I find the pearl just a bit too small for me.
    05-08-08 04:24 PM
    I like the full ketboard,more memory, and larger display
    05-08-08 04:30 PM
    I also have both a Pearl and a Curve, and while I got the Curve for the bigger screen and GPS i still find the Pearl to be the more eye-pleasing. And from an ergonomic standpoint it feels better in my hand, especially when making a call. Throw in SureType which I absolutely love and the Pearl gets my vote. Which is why I haven't parted with it.
    05-08-08 04:47 PM
    Oh boy another VS. thread.

Me. pearl was okay. to small of a screen and keyboard was okay I could fly on that thing. but also given a upgrade and a newer device with a bigger screen and not much larger form factor. this curve is small but effective. and the keyboard works really really well.
    05-08-08 04:53 PM
    What is "predictive text"? And what is "SureType"?
    Last edited by TheSultan; 05-08-08 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added more information and took out quote
    05-08-08 04:55 PM
    Like everyone else, keyboard and bigger screen.
    05-08-08 05:49 PM
    I just left the curve for a pearl and I thought I was going to regret it but the new t-mobile 8120 is a great phone. So I think I made a good choice. Anyone else switch from qwerty to suretype ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 05:57 PM
    Predictive texts spells words as you type the letters so you doing have to type each letter. Once the word you want appears on screen or in the scroll box you can select it. The BB also learns words and saves them to a custom dictionary at your leisure. SureType is technology used my RIM so that you there can be 2 letters placed on each key instead of one like a traditional QWERTY keypad. The pearl has both and imo allows for faster typing as you have the press less keys and the BB after a while knows all your favorite swears and slang words lol. But I do like the curves true QWERTY keyboard and a bigger screen would be nice but the pearl is sexier.

05-08-08 05:59 PM
    I'm in this boat too. I love my pearl and its only 3 months old but I love the look of the new Verizon curve. Does anyone know exactly how much more memory the curves have?

05-08-08 06:05 PM
    curve has 96 mb.
    05-08-08 06:09 PM
    as some say prefer is key. Never had a pearl n I dont want one> the curve is fine for me cus I have small fingers so the fit keys wit ease...predictive txt? y? wen I got all the keys there already??
    05-08-08 06:17 PM
    For me it's the Curve, if I wanted T9 I would use a reg phone. LOL
    05-08-08 06:24 PM
    I have not tried the Curve, but I have seen it with my bosses and clients. I love the bigger screen, but the keys (qwerty notwithstanding)are too small for me.

I am, however, going to upgrade my 8100 for whatever the next step up in Pearls that AT and T has.
    05-08-08 06:38 PM
    i had a bought a pearl first which obviously a significant up grade from just a regular phone. however i still wasn't able to text as fast as i had wanted to. so i upgraded that to the curve and i think it is greatness. i do a lot of texting to family and for my job so for me, the curve is far and away better than the pearl.
    05-11-08 11:21 PM
    I could have gotten an 8120 Pearl but I like the qwerty on my Curve. I've used a Treo for the past two years and I'm used to this size of qwerty thumb-board and I can type w/ out looking at the keys lol. That said, a 9000 series SureType phone is likely going to be my next BB purchase when/if they make one (come on 9x20 on tmobile... but not that horrid clamshell...)

Last edited by km2783; 05-12-08 at 01:04 PM. Reason: random idiocy, realized 9100 is that lame kickstart flip phone. Feh.
    05-12-08 12:56 PM
    i had the pearl 8100 for about 2 weeks and loved it. now i have the curve 8310, and i love it more! it is extremely tiny and i love the full keyboard. the camera is great, and i like that it came with media net and everything else unlike my 8100. i also dont have a data plan... YET! but i love both phones, only the curve a bit more
    05-12-08 01:06 PM
    Curve is winning? Wow. And I was just about to start making more Pearl themes
    05-12-08 01:32 PM
    I had both. Sure the pearl looks nice but the the curve feels nice!

05-12-08 04:06 PM
    Curve is winning? Wow. And I was just about to start making more Pearl themes
    lol
    05-12-08 08:21 PM
    lol i like really like the last theme on your blog. but it's looks like its only for 88xx and 83xx i couldnt tell, i scrolled really fast lol
    05-12-08 09:43 PM
    lol
    Well you were born confused and I know why so...LMAO

lol i like really like the last theme on your blog. but it's looks like its only for 88xx and 83xx i couldnt tell, i scrolled really fast lol
    Oops, that one! Ill try to make it for the Pearl.
    Last edited by DearFloyd; 05-12-08 at 09:56 PM.
    05-12-08 09:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD