I just want anyone who will listen to know, IMHO, there is nothing that beats a BB. The only thing that I need is a bigger screen which is coming on the Bold Touch or the BB Touch. Other than that, my BB has served me so well over the years running my business. I have tried every major player out there and I always come back with my tail between my legs.

There are so many things that BB does like sleep mode, resend a text, BBM, and many other things that I wont do without. Other products have all of the bells and whistles and forget the things that make a phone great, FUNCTION!

So go try the rest but when you want the best, you will be back.
    Yes I am a fanboy with good reason, BB the git-ur-done phone!
    justineporter and beamolite like this.
    05-20-11 02:26 PM
    Great post!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 02:39 PM
    Go back under your bridge Jeff!
    05-20-11 04:18 PM
    dude, the bigger screen is the playbook!
    05-20-11 04:44 PM
    Well said!
    05-20-11 05:11 PM
    OP, great post.

05-20-11 08:00 PM
  7. T
    Great topic. I'll take it a step further and say that I hate bells and whistles; the other products have nothing I want or need.

05-20-11 08:04 PM
    My BB has always done what it should very well. I have had zero issues, memory leaks our hour glassing. Guess it has helped to be a CB addict! To anyone having issues, Read everything Blackberry, then read it again. CB's search feature helps a lot. 9 out of 10 problems on any device, cars, guns, hammers, are often self inflicted.

Last edited by albee 1; 05-20-11 at 08:39 PM.
    05-20-11 08:33 PM
    Great topic. I'll take it a step further and say that I hate bells and whistles; the other products have nothing I want or need.

Ditto to this!

05-20-11 08:37 PM
    i have tried iphone and fiddled with android phones at retail shops but nothing compares to fluidity and awesomeness of blackberry. iphones and androids lack in battery life and the apps are not my thing.i know the show criminal minds has all their characters with iphones/ipads but thats just because they want people at home watching running to the apple store to grab iphones/ipads.its a marketing tactic.only the gullible will fall for it.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 05-20-11 at 10:15 PM.
    05-20-11 10:00 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts. Enough said.

05-21-11 07:03 AM
    Pocket size, external keyboard, external camera button, external mute / pause button, real consolidated email and messaging system and inbox, profiles that affect the whole phone, BeBuzz, universal search, you can go on and on. It all adds up to a very comfortable, easy experience. Even with the warts (small screen, lack of processor power and memory, fewer apps), the experience is just plain better than anything else.

Since last August I have owned four mostly high-end Android devices. I love them, the big bright screens, the terrific apps. I have tried to love them more than my 9700. I've forced myself to learn them, tweak them, use them; I've traveled with them, used them at home and in the office, downloaded and purchased many apps to try to fill the gaps and make it more user friendly. Honest, I really wanted to love Android because it does things the BlackBerry won't do. But, over and over I come back to my 9700. Not that the Androids aren't great. It's just that BlackBerry is better at the few little things that I need to do all the time. Phone call quality is superb. UMA works from home without a glitch. The bluetooth connection just plain works like you expect. Voice dialing works well. Messaging, especially BBM, is great. My emails from my five email accounts are all in one place, email is reliable and the interface is consistent. When I silence the phone going into a meeting, I'm confident it will be and stay silent. I never worry about whether the battery will make it to bed-time, whether I'm in the office, or near my car charger or not. I don't worry about turning wifi, bluetooth and GPS on and of to save battery power. It's just a better experience for what I do.

I still have an Android I use at home on wifi for a couple of programs that don't yet work on my BlackBerry, but it is my 9700 that goes with me everywhere. Just great phones. I wish RIM could better tout what makes BlackBerry a better choice for a lot of people. And I'm still looking forward to the Bold Touch.
    05-21-11 11:18 AM
    Go back under your bridge Jeff!
    Bazinga!!!
    05-21-11 02:18 PM
    For you maybe. I looked into getting a blackberry to go along with my playbook. I would have if the bold touch was out now. I'm going to get the thunderbolt this weekend since i get 4g LTE at the house and work with avg speeds of 12down/5up to tether to my playbook. IMO nothin beats that.
    05-21-11 02:48 PM
    Pocket size, external keyboard, external camera button, external mute / pause button, real consolidated email and messaging system and inbox, profiles that affect the whole phone, BeBuzz, universal search, you can go on and on. It all adds up to a very comfortable, easy experience. Even with the warts (small screen, lack of processor power and memory, fewer apps), the experience is just plain better than anything else.

Since last August I have owned four mostly high-end Android devices. I love them, the big bright screens, the terrific apps. I have tried to love them more than my 9700. I've forced myself to learn them, tweak them, use them; I've traveled with them, used them at home and in the office, downloaded and purchased many apps to try to fill the gaps and make it more user friendly. Honest, I really wanted to love Android because it does things the BlackBerry won't do. But, over and over I come back to my 9700. Not that the Androids aren't great. It's just that BlackBerry is better at the few little things that I need to do all the time. Phone call quality is superb. UMA works from home without a glitch. The bluetooth connection just plain works like you expect. Voice dialing works well. Messaging, especially BBM, is great. My emails from my five email accounts are all in one place, email is reliable and the interface is consistent. When I silence the phone going into a meeting, I'm confident it will be and stay silent. I never worry about whether the battery will make it to bed-time, whether I'm in the office, or near my car charger or not. I don't worry about turning wifi, bluetooth and GPS on and of to save battery power. It's just a better experience for what I do.

I still have an Android I use at home on wifi for a couple of programs that don't yet work on my BlackBerry, but it is my 9700 that goes with me everywhere. Just great phones. I wish RIM could better tout what makes BlackBerry a better choice for a lot of people. And I'm still looking forward to the Bold Touch.
    Really interesting points here. The ironic thing about the bit that's bolded is that the things that make BB's the phone of choice for many of us just don't make for great commercials. The fact that BB's don't have so many of the functions and features that the higher-end Android-based phones have is much of what keeps me attracted to them. I can appreciate the fact that some people do want their phone to do everything; I'm just not one of those people. BlackBerry's simply do everything I need a phone to do very well, easily and intuitively; and as long as they do, I plan to stick with them.
    Bmelt1 likes this.
    05-21-11 02:53 PM
    For you maybe. I looked into getting a blackberry to go along with my playbook. I would have if the bold touch was out now. I'm going to get the thunderbolt this weekend since i get 4g LTE at the house and work with avg speeds of 12down/5up to tether to my playbook. IMO nothin beats that.
    Fast speeds=$hitty battery life. Hope u carry an extra battery and charger with you always. TB is a bada$$ phone but the crappy battery life kills it for me.
    05-21-11 03:02 PM
    I'm a loyal BlackBerry user and have been for 3 years now. My Tour does everything I need it to very well. I can't wait until the 9930 comes out.
    05-21-11 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD