It seems you have unrealistic expectations for how long it takes to create a new OS from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    Is it realisstic to expect them to fix a smtp email issue that doesn't let me send emails from the Z10 in under 2 months? 2 months and still no fix except for AT&T customers.

Is this the rate of development I should expect?
    04-14-13 07:10 AM
    Is it realisstic to expect them to fix a smtp email issue that doesn't let me send emails from the Z10 in under 2 months? 2 months and still no fix except for AT&T customers.

The world doesn't revolve around you I'm afraid. They have a worldwide device with probably millions of users now to support.

Have you reported it to blackberry?

Hopefully your issues will be addressed sooner rather than later but if they don't meet your needs stick with your 9900 a bit longer. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:18 AM
    The world doesn't revolve around you I'm afraid. They have a worldwide device with probably millions of users now to support.

Have you reported it to blackberry?

Hopefully your issues will be addressed sooner rather than later but if they don't meet your needs stick with your 9900 a bit longer. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is a worldwide problem and my questions were Ignored. Problem hasn't been officially acknowledged yet. What more can I do? I did have to go back to my 9900 mainly for this reason alone.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:31 AM
    Yes, this is a worldwide problem and my questions were Ignored. Problem hasn't been officially acknowledged yet. What more can I do? I did have to go back to my 9900 mainly for this reason alone.

Posted via CB10
    Well you can't do much more. Use your 9900 till its resolved if it's a deal breaker. If it's a big problem blackberry will have it on their road map to address but It may take a little time. Especially if th majority of users aren't affected

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:44 AM
    Belfast I take you think if BBRY stayed just as they always were and have been that they would be doing fine. What makes you think that? Weren't they ready to be sold and torn apart if change didn't come soon? Not that they are out of the woods yet.
    04-14-13 07:50 AM

I thought that was fixed in the latest update for AT&tT
    04-14-13 07:52 AM
    Update hasn't filtered through over here yet. But maybe this will sort it when updated shortly

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:58 AM

Blackberry (RIM) has been notoriously slow in development for years and notoriously poor in addressing problems in a timely manner. The most recent example, for me, was the bricking issue of the 99xx line. These months later, I don't believe that there was ever an explanation as to what happened. I had three phones brick.

This was well documented. Many of us complained. Many of us lost a great deal of faith in the company. You are experiencing now with your email issue what those of us experienced then and why we railed against BB/RIM and lost faith in the company. You discounted us then. Now you are seeing what we saw then.
    Saiga likes this.
    04-14-13 08:01 AM
    That's what I said lol, read again.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:02 AM
    That's what I said lol, read again.

Posted via CB10
    LOL yep. I was thinking about some of the other responses while replying to you.
    04-14-13 08:06 AM
    TH has already said that there will be new models using BB7 for India etc. The development may be more geared for the way low end machines are used. BlackBerry Plans To Launch More BB7 Devices In Emerging Markets - International Business Times

I wonder where BB would be now if they would have standardized the screen formats and developed and sold the Z10-Q10 hardware before the new software.
    04-14-13 09:19 AM
36 12