Hello.

I'm thinking about getting a blackberry but i don't know which one to get. My problem is that i have an eye disease that makes it almost impossible to look at a LED screen, without going blind for about 3 hours after, and getting a severe headache.

My question is: Is there any blackberry phone (which you can still buy) that does not have LED in it?

I hope someone can help me

thanks in advance.
    Terda
    11-05-12 09:44 AM
    i do believe the current line up is all LCD, the BB10 devices will more then likely have LED
    11-05-12 10:51 AM
    there is the LED that blinks when you get a message. Its not on the screen but in the top corner. You can turn it off or get a different brand if its a problem. Don't damage your eyes!
    11-05-12 11:18 AM
    You should go to a store that has a device which uses an AMOLED screen, this might be easier on your eyes because its not as bright and uses its own blacks to make light.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 12:30 PM
    okay thanks to all of you.
    I've already tried with AMOLED and it was a little better. But it only pushed the blindness an hour back unfortunately.
    Does any of you know if it's possible to bye a blackberry phone, that came out earlier than 2009? maybe there is a chance that they wont have Led backlight in them.
    11-12-12 05:36 PM
    you can get just about any pre 2009 blackberry from ebay or craigslist if you dont mind an older model being used, im not sure how much they would help your eyesight though
    11-12-12 05:48 PM
    Almost all modern LCD screens use LED backlighting, including all in-market Blackberrys. There is no such thing as an "LED" screen, only LED backlighting. Phones are generally too thin for non-LED backlighting. I'm not sure if it exists, but you will need to look for a screen with ELP or CFL backlighting.
    11-12-12 06:35 PM
    okay thanks.
    i would like one that hasn't been used do you know if that's possible?
    11-14-12 07:34 AM
    Almost all modern LCD screens use LED backlighting, including all in-market Blackberrys. There is no such thing as an "LED" screen, only LED backlighting. Phones are generally too thin for non-LED backlighting. I'm not sure if it exists, but you will need to look for a screen with ELP or CFL backlighting.
    yes i know there's no such thing as an LED screen it was a wrong way to write it.Sorry about that

but thank you for the information on what to look for
    11-14-12 07:41 AM