Don't get me wrong. This is not a rant. I'm not complaining at RIM.
    My 2nd Storm broke, under warranty. So it went again to service, and I'm now awaiting a 3rd one.

I'm not upset about that. Things brake, be Rim, Apple, Toyota or whatever.
    But after this unexpected break, something moved inside me.
    The Storm has been my first Blackberry. In fact, it has been the first smartphone I have had. What's more, It's been the best phone I've had.
    Everyday, during 2 years, I have lived in Blackberry Universe. And it has been a wonderful experience. But things change. The world moves. And suddenly I realized that my phone didn't bring me nothing anymore. Two years in the smartphone market is a very long time, and around me, I see interesting apps, interesting ideas, interesting things that Blackberry can't give me anymore.

My needs have changed, and I know better what I expect from a smartphone... and I really can't see how RIM would give me a refreshing and new experience for my everyday use.

I will continue to use my Curve at work, and I love it. It works like a charm.
    But when I think about a personal, really personal device, for me, RIM has lost the battle.

And no , I'm not getting an Iphone, nor a super-vitamined Android.
    In fact, I'm doing a step backwards, at least in hardware : worse camera, worse battery life, smaller screen... but also smaller form factor and lighter, much more lighter.

I'm returning to Palm, with a Pixi Plus.
    Surprised?

Thanks to the crackberry community for all this time, really users are the best thing about blackberrys, without doubt.

See you all!

p.d: sorry for my poor English
    Last edited by nitu; 09-20-10 at 05:59 PM.
    09-20-10 05:55 PM
    Enjoy the Pixi. WebOS looks nice.
    09-20-10 06:13 PM
    You captured the true essence of what I believe. Everyone should choose and use whatever device is best for them. Enjoy your new phone!
    09-20-10 07:40 PM
    Have fun.
    With my huge fingers, I could never use a Pixi.
    09-20-10 07:42 PM
    Have fun.
    With my huge fingers, I could never use a Pixi.
    I can't use (type on) a Pre, either. Nor can I see the tiny screen.
    09-20-10 08:19 PM
    As you are leaving, I am coming back. In leaving my evo behind and getting a Bold. I am so thrilled to be back. Taking a break from touchscreens for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 08:24 PM
    As you are leaving, I am coming back. In leaving my evo behind and getting a Bold. I am so thrilled to be back. Taking a break from touchscreens for a while.

I knew that would happen. You switch devices more than I reboot mine lol.
    09-21-10 12:40 AM
    Another positive post with positive replies. Refreshing.

Congratulations on determining what best suits your needs, as that's not always easy by any stretch of the imagination.
    09-21-10 01:14 AM
    A shining example of level-headed decision making, graceful, eloquent. Could give lessons to some folks.
    09-21-10 01:34 AM
    I LOVE blackberry OS and LOVE webos!
    I have the palm pre and the blackberry 8530, both are great, hand in hand... What one cant do, the other can and viceversa
    Congrats, its good to have the best of both worlds
    09-21-10 02:38 AM
    people, just wanted to drop a line or two about this ... destiny is unpredictable

I have had the Pixi for more than a week. All I can say is : awesome! The whole experience with webOS is soooo diferent to BB, but it's fast, fun, beatifull... and browsing is a real pleasure. I already have tons of free apps that I would never dreamt of, and what's more, there's no memory drain, no limitations, no weekly reboots.

So, today, my carrier confirmed me that they are giving me a brand new Storm. And I thought I'm really glad my Storm broke after two years, to force me to explore a new world out there.

I only have one problem though... what do I do with a brand new Storm that I don't want to use anymore?

Bee happy everyone
    Last edited by nitu; 10-05-10 at 10:37 AM.
    10-05-10 10:26 AM
    I only have one problem though... what do I do with a brand new Storm that I don't want to use anymore?
    Sell it, or smash it depending on how much you hate the device.
    10-05-10 10:41 AM
    i'll smash it for you
    02-11-11 10:47 PM
    at the end of the day, it's was your decision.
    i'm glad you made an informed one, it WASN"T the most popular one, but heck why do you care, it's your money and your experience.
    enjoy your new phone
    02-11-11 10:56 PM
    My wife had one before she got her Torch. The pixi plus is a pretty good little device.

02-12-11 01:16 AM
    The Storm has been my first Blackberry. In fact, it has been the first smartphone I have had. What's more, It's been the best phone I've had.
    So, basically you are saying, you only had a BB as a smartphone and nothing else, and this is the best phone you ever had- logically - compared to dumb phones? That's a no brainer. Perhaps you should go look around on other platforms and then come back and say which smartphone suits you.
    02-12-11 01:26 AM
    So, basically you are saying, you only had a BB as a smartphone and nothing else, and this is the best phone you ever had- logically - compared to dumb phones? That's a no brainer. Perhaps you should go look around on other platforms and then come back and say which smartphone suits you.
    Dude, that made you sound like a troll. You quoted one part, and ignored the rest of the point. He's said he's left for the Pixi. Of course it's a no brainer compared to dumbphones, but I'll tell you this, I do however see featurephones (Nokia anyone) that have a better app ecosystem than RIM. There are featurephones out there better than BlackBerry smartphones, however they just don't cut it for me. BlackBerry is my first smartphone, and it IS the best smartphone I've ever had, as Android, WinMob, iPhone, WebOS, do NOT interest me.
    02-12-11 07:03 AM
    How much you want for your new S2?

A pixi?

Refreshing yes, but a pixi...

Again, how much for S2, lol!

02-12-11 09:26 AM
    I disagree!

my Best PHONE I've ever had was a Sanyo SCP7300, clearest reception I've ever had, fantastic speaker phone, and loud enough to use inside a boat engine compartment,

I've had a lot of phones and smartphones, and I'm not saying I haven't had great devices, but from a phone perspective I've had far better than what I am using now.
    02-12-11 11:04 AM
    I like the fact that after saying it was his first smartphone , he knows what to expect from smartphones now. I bought a storm 1 as my first smartphone and still use and enjoy it. After having it I also have learned about all othe phones now and will be able to make smarter choice next time. Be it a BB or something else.

02-12-11 04:35 PM
    How much you want for your new S2?

A pixi?

Refreshing yes, but a pixi...

Again, how much for S2, lol!

This thread is ancient, he probably doesn't have it anymore.
    02-12-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD