Hey everyone.

I'm leaving to Europe for 3 weeks with my girlfriend. I'm bringing my Q10 with me, but she's leaving her Z10 at home.

What would be the best thing to do - leave the phone on and plugged in into an AC outlet for the entire duration of the trip, or take the battery out of the phone?

Receiving emails and texts aren't the primary concern... it's more a matter of what's best for the battery? Will leaving it on and plugged in for 3 weeks screw up the battery somehow?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:36 PM
    In my opinion, the battery should be moved from the phone and placed aside till she returns.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-25-14 10:44 PM
    Well, since you said ANY advice . . .

May I suggest leaving your girlfriend here? Don't worry about the battery, I can arrange all the charging required.

Posted via CB10
    brosee likes this.
    06-25-14 11:05 PM
    I wouldn't leave it plugged in.

Just turn it off and let it sit there. Charge it when you get back.

3 weeks is not long enough to worry about it.
    If you are concerned then turn the phone off and remove the battery. Startup sync will take a bit on return.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    06-26-14 12:28 AM
    I wouldn't leave it plugged in.

Just turn it off and let it sit there. Charge it when you get back.

3 weeks is not long enough to worry about it.
    If you are concerned then turn the phone off and remove the battery. Startup sync will take a bit on return.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Thanks for your replies, everyone.

So it seems the general concensus is to leave the phone off. For some reason I thought this would screw the battery up regarding how it discharges power. I dunno...

More replies are still appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:11 AM
    What would you have done if the battery wasn't removable? I try not to leave electronic things plugged in when we go away in case there is an electrical surge, bad thunderstorm, or, God forbid, it caught fire. I leave my spare battery in the little charger in my car all the time. Every once in a while I plug it in to recharge it. No problems when I switch batteries in the phone.

Q10
    06-26-14 07:29 AM
    PS have a good trip.

Q10
    06-26-14 07:30 AM
    What would you have done if the battery wasn't removable? I try not to leave electronic things plugged in when we go away in case there is an electrical surge, bad thunderstorm, or, God forbid, it caught fire. I leave my spare battery in the little charger in my car all the time. Every once in a while I plug it in to recharge it. No problems when I switch batteries in the phone.

Q10
    Good question. Never thought about that. I guess I'll just charge it fully, and then turn the phone off.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:45 PM