UPDATED 2:

Here is a picture of the reason #1 why LCD screens on BlackBerry devices must be ditched and replaced with AMOLED screens immediately starting with KEYone:

This is how charging looks like with LCD screen, all screen is ON with KEYone:
    LCD screens is not acceptable for BlackBerry devices-screen-shot-2017-03-02-23.03.33.jpg

This is how AMOLED screen looks while charging, only green line showing, all other screen is OFF with PRIV:
    LCD screens is not acceptable for BlackBerry devices-screen-shot-2017-03-02-23.39.58.jpg

Full video:

IMHO, if TCL/BlackBerry Mobile all talks in the event about making devices last long as possible and are truly into max battery life, then they did an ignorant job by putting LCD screen instead of AMOLED on KEYone, like Apple ignorant talk about "wireless is the future" but not including wireless charging.

Why put a lot of hard work by making all the "special softwares" and "3... USB-C ports" to make a quick charge as possible and ruin everything by putting LCD screen instead of AMOLED?? They don't see that LCD screen is ALL ON just to show green charging line while charging??

How much this slow down the charging?

Reason #2 .
    How do you sleep with Dtek50 at night while charging? Doesn't all light up screen bother you?

Same thing is done with Dtek50. All screen is lighten up while charging and if you are at night or low light all LCD screen just screams with the light! It looks so ignorant to do the same mistake with newest KEYone model. Seriously ignorant. No offence just fact.

Reason #3 .
    And the worst thing it looks really ugly in lower light with LCD, but it looks damn sexy with AMOLED screen + efficient as it can be.

AMOLED screen must be BB standard like they did with PRIV and Dtek60. Here is no logic to put not efficient LCD screen on any BB devices and stupid as F, period
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 03-04-17 at 04:36 AM.
    sorinv and anon(9710735) like this.
    03-02-17 03:35 PM
    It would appear this isn't just about a battery indicator on a LCD screen.
    #getoffmylawn
    The charge bar is not on when in a dark room.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    03-02-17 03:41 PM
    Ok, so reason#1 is gone. Anything else OP?
    03-02-17 03:49 PM
    Ok, so reason#1 is gone. Anything else OP?
    conite, no it is not. Dark rooms is just +#2 reason by practical example and I had to have Dtek50 for a few weeks and then the room is not "dark enough" charge bar is showing and all screen is lightened. In low light room or car it really bothers, this is how I discovered this annoying issue.
    Putting finger on sensor makes charging bar gone, but putting away it's back on again. Only fast solution I find was by flipping the phone facedown, but is not not good because you do not see notification LED anymore!

The point #1 reason is with LCD screen while charging, then charge bar is showing ALL screen is ON, how it works with BlackBerries beloved word "efficient" charging?? + it looks UGLY and cheap

LCD screen for BB is just stupid and not efficient in any case and must be replaced with AMOLED
    03-02-17 04:08 PM
    Oh, the humanity!

Don't worry, the battery will last a long, long time.
    03-02-17 04:17 PM
    OP you are missing the point or perhaps just disappointed. If you want a high end BlackBerry device for now its the almost two year old PRIV for pkb and DTEK60 for touchscreen. KEYone may be new but its aimed mid-market not high end.
    03-02-17 04:29 PM
    Oh, the humanity!

Don't worry, the battery will last a long, long time.
    OK, I'm fine with that, but I'm not about how much battery last long, I'm about how much longer it takes to charge.?

If you're in the "DAY TIME" the screen is ALL ON while charging to "show" a small bar on the right side and percentage, it doesn't make any sense.
    Why make screen ALL ON and waste energy while charging? Where is efficiency?? Where is logic???

And the worst thing it looks really ugly in lower light with LCD, but it looks damn sexy with AMOLED screen + efficient as it can be.

Charging bar in the low light with LCD looks ugly and cheap as F. OK, I would call this #3 reason.
    03-02-17 04:33 PM
    OK, I'm fine with that, but I'm not about how much battery last long, I'm about how much longer it takes to charge.?

If you're in the "DAY TIME" the screen is ALL ON while charging to "show" a small bar on the right side and percentage, it doesn't make any sense.
    Why make screen ALL ON and waste energy while charging? Where is efficiency?? Where is logic???

Charging bar in the low light with LCD looks ugly and cheap as F. OK, I would call this #3 reason.
    So turn off the battery indicator if you don't like it.
    03-02-17 04:36 PM
    Lol it has quick charge 3.0. The screen is not going to make a significant enough difference while the device is charging for you to notice. As for the room not being dark enough, you asked about how people sleep. Unless someone needs a nigh light or something, most people sleep in dark enough rooms for the charge indicator to turn off.
    03-02-17 04:44 PM
    OP you are missing the point or perhaps just disappointed. If you want a high end BlackBerry device for now its the almost two year old PRIV for pkb and DTEK60 for touchscreen. KEYone may be new but its aimed mid-market not high end.
    I would have PRIV one year ago if not a joking 2MP selfie camera. If they did upgrade only selfie camera, PRIV could be perfect phone for the real world, but they didn't.

I don't know why BlackBerry always ruins and make all their latest devices hard sellable in purpose. Why they don't want to sell devices in general?
    KEYone midrange device with 3gb ram, while Aurora even more cheaper with 4gb ram?!

If BB Aurora will be with AMOLED screen + 4gb ram and KEYone still be left with LCD and 3gb ram, LOL

Logic?
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-02-17 04:51 PM
    I would have PRIV one year ago if not a joking 2MP selfie camera. If they did upgrade only selfie camera, PRIV could be perfect phone for the real world, but they didn't.

I don't know why BlackBerry always ruins and make all their latest devices hard sellable in purpose. Why they don't want to sell devices in general?
    KEYone midrange device with 3gb ram, while Aurora even more cheaper with 4gb ram?!

If BB Aurora will be with AMOLED screen + 4gb ram and KEYone still be left with LCD and 3gb ram, LOL

Logic?
    Only TCL can answer that question. It will be a combination of engineering and price, and I'm sure it is very logical. At least from their POV. But the ultimate strategy behind the specs and how they market them is their call. All we can do here is speculate (or in some cases, complain lol).
    03-02-17 04:58 PM
    So turn off the battery indicator if you don't like it.
    I like it! This is the problem I like it, but it looks cheap and ugly with LCD screens. It doesn't fit with LCD screens at all and ruins the cool feature.

+ Like I said, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile all talks in the event about making devices last long as possible and are truly into max battery life, then they did ignorant job by putting LCD screen instead of AMOLED on KEYone, like Apple ignorant talk about "wireless is the future" but not including wireless charging.
    03-02-17 04:58 PM
    I like it! This is the problem I like it, but it looks cheap and ugly with LCD screens. It doesn't fit with LCD screens at all and ruins the cool feature.

+ Like I said, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile all talks in the event about making devices last long as possible and are truly into max battery life, then they did ignorant job by putting LCD screen instead of AMOLED on KEYone, like Apple ignorant talk about "wireless is the future" but not inserting wireless charging.
    I think you need a hobby.
    TGIS likes this.
    03-02-17 04:59 PM
    I think you need a hobby.
    Or BlackBerry to start making devices for the real world, not for their POV world which as we see do not exist.
    03-02-17 05:08 PM
    I actually preferred how much dimmer my LCD'd Passport can get. As much as I like how black blacks get on my Q10, it always blinds me at night, even with the battery saver on. Battery saver on with the Passport is nice and dim for night use.
    03-02-17 05:13 PM
    Put it face down while charging then.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 05:30 PM
    Put it face down while charging then.

Posted via CB10
    then you won't see notification LED :/
    03-02-17 05:38 PM
    then you won't see notification LED :/
    Does it matter then in the daytime?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 05:40 PM
    We know this device is making an impact! CrackBerry forums are starting to look like the BB10 launch again.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 05:41 PM
    This is getting confusing. The light is too bright for you and when told it shuts off when dark you said not in low light (assuming your room isn't dark enough). But you still want the LED flashing when you sleep? Which is it? What do you want or is this complaints just for the sake of complaining.
    TGIS likes this.
    03-02-17 05:45 PM
    Reading this thread was very...... difficult...
    TGIS likes this.
    03-02-17 05:58 PM
    #getoffmylawn
    03-02-17 06:00 PM
    Yes thats pretty clear.
    03-02-17 06:00 PM
    What do you want or is this complaints just for the sake of complaining.
    You new here Ray? lol.
    03-02-17 06:08 PM
    You new here Ray? lol.
    Lol touché
    03-02-17 06:10 PM
52 123