View Poll Results: How often do you Upgrade/ Downgrade your OS

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only if I feel I need to?

1 12.50%
  • Only because I feel left out if I dont?

0 0%
  • Only when I am forced to?

0 0%
  • I just cant help but get the latest cos I am an addict?

7 87.50%
    OK, so having been on and off the forums with less frequency due to reasons beyond my control (which i may advise later) and i see people upgrading/downgrading OS.

So my question is:

As die hard addicts, how often do you upgrade or downgrade your OS? And the reasons behind your decision.

My reasoning is that i have just upgraded to Optus 4.2 - I had no issues bar one (mp3 ringtone playback) with the Venezuela OS 4.2, but there was an urge for me to change it and really there isnt a huge amount of difference. Even worse, i have 2 x 8800 on order form O2 (will be here in 3 weeks ish) so this move could be classed as a pointless task.

I just couldnt resist!
    04-23-07 03:47 PM
    The only upgrade I've done thus far is upgrading my Pearl's os from t-mo's .64 (which is pretty buggy) to Cingular's .73 (much more stable). The enhancements that .73 brought were:
    Longer battery life
    Fixed memory leak problem
    No lag when answering phone
    Improved system speed etc.

I saw all of those as important items that needed to be addressed, otherwise I probably wouldn't have upgraded.

When version 4.2 for the 8703e is made available, I'll upgrade and see how that goes.
    04-23-07 07:48 PM
    I admit it.. I'm an addict and I upgrade as soon as a new OS comes out. I may not stick with it, but I at least try it out.
    04-23-07 10:30 PM
    I'll upgrade my BB 7130e with OS 4.2 when it becomes available, mainly because I'm hoping it will have Spellchek.

CarBob
    todbanner likes this.
    04-23-07 11:55 PM
    I always give the new OS a go as soon as it's stable enough....Often I stick with it and move right in but not always - this latest OS is an example of me going back - which has the downside to it as well. Yap, count me in as an addict too - no shock there

I admit it.. I'm an addict and I upgrade as soon as a new OS comes out. I may not stick with it, but I at least try it out.
    04-24-07 12:17 AM
    ...a man's got to do, what a man's got to do! Upgrade baby...
    04-24-07 04:28 AM
    What a crack up, Naviyn - you sound like your out hunting for food for your family back in the "Old West"!! Very funny!

But I'm with you - know what you mean......

...a man's got to do, what a man's got to do! Upgrade baby...
    04-24-07 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD