Ok, I know this topic has been beaten like a rented Mule. BUT, I have two sisters just itching to dump their I phones. I showed them my Z10 and Q10. They are both medical professionals and were ready to make the switch until the dreaded question arose. Does it have this app. I promptly go to App world and type in the pharmacology app they are looking for and it's not there. That is two less phones sold, again because of apps. I agree that apps don't make a phone, but certain apps are crucial to certain professionals. I love my Q10, and have all the apps I need, but I think there is a serious lack of apps for professionals of all kinds. If Blackberry is going to try and cater to professionals and business people then they better start figuring out what apps they use and rely on. Forget about Instagram, start getting the apps business people and medical professionals need.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:24 AM
    For now, sideload for them if it is also available on Android and see if that works. I can't think of any other quick solution.

No doubt the app situation is hurting sales. Anyone can see that. WP8 is having the same problem as well. At least we can sideload Android apps.
    07-21-13 01:16 AM
    For a lot of people, apps do make a phone. And I think a lot of apps people want actually aren't that complicated - for example, an electrician was asking about apps for measuring pipes or something. The apps he mentioned on Android seemed pretty simple.

The problem is, for trades and professionals like that there's a very small market for the app. So if 100,000 people buy it on iOS there may only be 1,000 that buy it for BB. 100,000 sales might be OK but 1,000 is hardly enough to make it worth it.
    07-21-13 01:36 AM
    The lack of apps certainly can't be helping sales, except for the sales to those people who don't really care for them or believe a smartphone shouldn't have apps. I suspect that group bought about 3.7 million BB10 devices last quarter.
    allen_h likes this.
    07-21-13 03:44 AM