Well I have been trying to source large screen BB handsets I keep being told they are now withdrawn, stocks are low unknown dates as to when they will have them in stocks if at all, this comes from one of the main UK operators/suppliers.
    Whats going on at Blackberry / RIM ? are they really in that much trouble they cant make handsets for more than a month or so?

It seems to me I need to start looking at Apple handsets for my business needs and start removing the blackberries from our usage lists!

dave
    08-09-12 06:49 AM
    Sounds more like your supplier has failed to maintain adequate stock. RIM can almost certainly supply, but it takes time to pass through the logistics chain from purchase order... RIM ship to UK... to your supplier. Just-in-time delivery doesn't work so well when the supply is international.
    08-09-12 07:28 AM
    I have checked stocks with four or five uk operators (O2 orange, three, vodaphone), all the same issues and three are tell me not to bother with BB as they are on there knees hence BB10 not being released along with the new iphone thats coming out it will probably be the end of BB.
    even phones4u and carfone warehouse cannot supply the handsets I need so its got to be more than just my supplier not having the stocks.
    08-09-12 07:34 AM
    what particular large screen blackberry handset are you after? The 9900 is still available on all major carriers in the UK.
    08-09-12 07:36 AM
    9810 handset, the 9900 isnt good enough to comply with a users DDA requirements
    08-09-12 07:37 AM
    Sounds like the carriers dont wanna make any money. Try from RIM directly. I'm sure you can easily put it onto a carrier after that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    dave cummings likes this.
    08-09-12 08:04 AM
    I never even thought of contacting RIM directly!
    08-09-12 08:05 AM
    Remember 9810 was released more than 12 months ago. Most networks will probably discontinue around that time, you might also need to consider the 9x60 all-touch models.
    08-09-12 08:10 AM
    we cant cant the 9860 either! remember i am in need of the larger screen handset sadly! if not then the user would just have to have he 9790 and be happy!
    08-09-12 08:11 AM
    The 9860 is a full touch screen device so you cant get a much larger screen?
    08-09-12 08:15 AM
    I know it is I have several in use throughout my company, but we cannot purchased them from our service provider
    08-09-12 08:18 AM
    Like someone already mentioned, the devices are over a year old. It doesn't make sense to restock old products. Timeline-wise, BB10 was suppose to be coming out within a few weeks now before the delay was announced. It would have lined up nicely with the carriers not restocking.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 08:35 AM
    Sounds more like your supplier has failed to maintain adequate stock. RIM can almost certainly supply, but it takes time to pass through the logistics chain from purchase order... RIM ship to UK... to your supplier. Just-in-time delivery doesn't work so well when the supply is international.

Where a been? Many carriers are EOLing these already

Could that be the case here? Hmm?

Tim

BmB!

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850
    08-09-12 08:44 AM
    well if they are end of life are BB going end of life also? I am starting to think so they cannot supply us with a large screened device, so its looking like Apple will now be our preferred suppliers, that could be approx 400-600 handset sales BB just lost....
    not to mention 400-600 three year mobile contracts.....
    08-09-12 08:48 AM
    Vodafone are still supplying the 9810 and the 9860 for our corporate account, as well as the bold and curve models - may be worth looking at a new carrier.
    08-09-12 08:58 AM
    Sadly we are under contract to O2 sonae cannot move away from them at this one
    08-09-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD