I am relatively new around here. I started checking the site for information and news when I heard BlackBerry was working on a new slider device with a PKB. I had considered buying a BB10 device because a family member has one and really likes it. But I waited for the Priv because I needed easy access to certain apps. I love the PRIV for its large screen, great camera, hideaway PKB, and many other features. There are new people here who have bought Privs or are considering one. I will tell you how I experience it and what I think is one reason for decreased readership: I suggest that coarse talk, bashing, and negativity in hyperbole that you have to wade through from certain BB10 fanboys to find information and help contributes to decreased readership. It also sabotages the BB brand as a whole when it comes to their entire line of cell phones. It likely has undermined sales of both the BB10 devices and the Priv. People read something ugly that is posted, and it does leave an impression. That in turn contributes to further decrease in readership. I am sure relatively few people are doing this. You know who you are who use coarse language to hate on the Priv, & write nasty posts about the company. Genuine questions, concerns, and constructive criticism are awesome and have really been a help for me, but the useless bashing, trash talk, and gutter talk by certain posters is, to put it mildly, counter productive on many fronts.
    Well in defense of these people (and I'm definitely not one of them), they have dedicated a small part of their internet lives defending BB10 and bashing Android, so its only natural that they would feel betrayed by BB releasing an Android phone.
    02-23-16 08:50 PM
    The only reason I haven't been posting much is because I've been so busy with farming on farming simulator 2015 :P just finished harvesting the corn!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:02 PM
    If the Priv is not the phone for you that's okay, then go buy something else and move on.
    That's what I believe a lot of folks have done, and will continue to do
    02-24-16 04:39 PM
    Well in defense of these people (and I'm definitely not one of them), they have dedicated a small part of their internet lives defending BB10 and bashing Android, so its only natural that they would feel betrayed by BB releasing an Android phone.
    There are some of us that have experience with Android via personal tablets or hand sets and just prefer BlackBerry 10.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-24-16 08:56 PM
    I totally get it that it is a huge disappointment regarding BB10 phones. I genuinely hope they have a future. Which type of phone is better is not the point of what I wrote above. It is a matter of being ugly and abrasive. It makes people uncomfortable, not only for Priv owners but for people who have BB10 devices or are considering one. People come along and look at some of the comments and wonder what in the world is going on here.
    02-24-16 11:47 PM
    Thanks to JC and his android viasco.
    That's 'fiasco'

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 11:54 PM
    BlackBerry just released the PRIV a little while ago. Doesn't seem like Android can even pull the handset division out of the fire at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Slider: Do not want.

$700 Phone: Do not want.

Enormous Phone: Do not want.

A replacement for my Z10 or Motorola E for $250? That I would buy.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 12:34 AM
    That's 'fiasco'

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I've been meaning to change that. It's changed now.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 01:46 AM
58 123