Michael makes the enemy say, "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." Is that something well known? All I know is when I change the font on my BlackBerry, that same sentence! haha.
    10-15-08 07:13 PM
    lol pretty cool
    10-15-08 07:15 PM
    I noticed that too! Didn't figure to post it on here though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 07:17 PM
    That sentence is used because it has every letter in the english language.

10-15-08 07:20 PM
    wikipedia the phrase:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a panagram (a phrase that uses all the letters of the alphabet) that has been used to test typewriters and computer keyboards because it is coherent and short. It was known in the late 19th century, and Baden-Powell's book Scouting for Boys (1908) used the phrase as a practice sentence for signaling.[1] It appears as a sample typing practice in L. Bronson's, Illustrative Shorthand, 1888. [2] In the January 10, 1903 issue of Pitman's Phonetic Journal, it is referred to as "the well known memorized typing line embracing all the letters of the alphabet".
    10-15-08 07:22 PM
    Wow I never had any idea it contained all the letters in the alphabet. Good to know thanks Wally
    10-15-08 07:25 PM
    When I learned to touch type, way back in the early '60's, that was one of the teachers favorite practice exercise. We would fill pages with that sentence.
    10-16-08 10:35 AM
    That sentence is used because it has every letter in the english language.

wikipedia the phrase:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a panagram (a phrase that uses all the letters of the alphabet) that has been used to test typewriters and computer keyboards because it is coherent and short. It was known in the late 19th century, and Baden-Powell's book Scouting for Boys (1908) used the phrase as a practice sentence for signaling.[1] It appears as a sample typing practice in L. Bronson's, Illustrative Shorthand, 1888. [2] In the January 10, 1903 issue of Pitman's Phonetic Journal, it is referred to as "the well known memorized typing line embracing all the letters of the alphabet".
    Wow, very interesting! I didn't know that. Thanks to you both for something New learned today!
    10-16-08 10:41 AM
    Yeah we used to get that at school to test our handwriting skills.
    10-16-08 11:12 AM
    Wow, very interesting! I didn't know that. Thanks to you both for something New learned today!

+1 Useless info is actually pretty interesting sum times! lol
    10-16-08 11:32 AM
    Haha. Got it. Be sure to add to Wiki that Michael Knight used it on 10/15/08 as well. Pretty neat, at least now we know! Thanks folks for the info.

10-16-08 03:08 PM
    Happy to help.

10-16-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD