Lucky you, this does my head in! Don't have it on my one and have checked the Options menu in the email app several times, including being creative with different wording possibilities but don't see anything like it. I'm on .351.
    In general options just bellow the separators options? Check again, should be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 05:39 PM
    Yep negative, under the Separators option I have only a new section called Actions and nothing resembling your description. Bugger, would be so handy. I can only deduce that my carrier tweaked the release. Unless it has something to do with the Gmail plugin? Makes me wonder if there's anything else I'm missing... besides some loose marbles.

02-27-11 05:54 PM
    Yep negative, under the Separators option I have only a new section called Actions and nothing resembling your description. Bugger, would be so handy. I can only deduce that my carrier tweaked the release. Unless it has something to do with the Gmail plugin? Makes me wonder if there's anything else I'm missing... besides some loose marbles.

Strange one, I never came across an "actions" setting. When you're composing an email and you're typing an email address beside "to" do the collected emails not show at all?

Oh sorry, I see what you mean about the actions, I thought you had a separate folder named actions.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 02-27-11 at 06:02 PM.
    02-27-11 05:59 PM
    Nothing to do with the gmail plugin, I just sent an email to a random email address and then composed and email again and it showed when I typed in "to" box.

02-27-11 06:20 PM
    Precisely, the only matches that come up are from the address book.

My Actions menu has Make PIN Messages Level 1, Auto More, Confirm Delete, Confirm Mark Prior Delete (all answered Yes), then Open newest message after removing device from holster (Never) and Keep Messages (Forever). The section above it is Display, starts with Display Time and ends with Separators, none of the options allude to showing/displaying recent contacts when composing emails.

02-27-11 06:29 PM
    Is 351 the latest 3ire is providing? That was the original OS when 9700 was launched. Voda uk is on 862 now. I would really recommend the 862, sounds like 3 have messed with that OS you have, your issue is unique to you, definitely not a blackberry limitation.

02-27-11 06:41 PM
    Yes, that's their issue. They're not known for their cutting edge choice of handsets & platforms (don't believe their marketing tripe). I'll gladly take a handout. Since the 351, the only upgrade option I have is 6 dot whatever the build is. Even if 3UK have that build it might be something.

02-27-11 06:50 PM
    Yes, that's their issue. They're not known for their cutting edge choice of handsets & platforms (don't believe their marketing tripe). I'll gladly take a handout. Since the 351, the only upgrade option I have is 6 dot whatever the build is. Even if 3UK have that build it might be something.

You can install any OS version from any carrier as long as you delete the vendor file, don't limit yourself to the 3 Ire versions.

02-27-11 06:57 PM
    Grand job I'll look into it so

02-27-11 07:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD