okay, so i have a friends 8830 WE here. he uninstalled Yahoo Go! last night and now the phone wont turn on. he had tried JL_Cmndr more then once and the phone wont connect. he has followed the "Revive a Nuked Berry" thread, hasn't worked. the LED is flashing, but i dont even get any color on the screen. no hourglass, nothing. i have tried with the battery in and with the battery out.

i am in thru process of trying to use CrackMem. am on my second try. it gets past "Load JVM and system software" and errors out on "Wait for device initialization" at that point i get a "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

when connected to the PC his pin comes up as "0" ONLY - or "unknown"

from what i am reading for the instructions on CrackMem, it is not even loading the correct command to wipe the device. i never id the command prompt.

i also have Blackberry MCP and that is not noticing any Pin ad when i select wipe i get a "Your device was either not detected or the PIN was not selected." etc, error.

there was something else i wanted to say but i cant remember at the moment.

o i am using US Cellulars' 4.5 BC i can not get to Verizon's
    Last edited by chelseytx; 04-21-09 at 09:44 AM.
    04-21-09 09:14 AM
    Hmmm, I left mine sitting for a week to think about it's behavior and that worked... Although you seem more inclined to threaten yours with the dishwasher ;-).

Seriously, good luck. The nuked blackberry thread didn't help me either. Eventually after sitting for a while I tired plugging in the phone again and the computer recognized "Pin Unknown" and was able to install the OS.
    04-21-09 10:45 AM
    lol. i am about to with this one....

and i can to bc the ****er just bought an iPhone
    Last edited by chelseytx; 04-21-09 at 10:50 AM.
    04-21-09 10:47 AM
    Haha, good luck. But really, I might just pull the battery and let it sit for a couple days or something.

And shame on your friend.
    04-21-09 10:51 AM
    yeah, i know right? and to top it off he got AT&T to credit the account what the ETF would cost. lol.
    04-21-09 10:57 AM
    just had this same issue with my 8900, sent it to Horizon Wireless to fix and the main board was fried.
    04-21-09 12:11 PM
    already? that should have been under warranty?!?!?!
    04-21-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD