What kind of blackberry should I get I can get any one that I want price is not a problem. I had bold 9700 it was fairly good and battery life but I want to upgrade.

I'm looking for a Blackberry that can:

Good battery life and heavy use of bbm and web browsing and the occasional calls. Thinking about getting the 9900 but I heard the battery life is horrible.. I'm thinking about the Torch. But I got no idea what to get..
    03-13-12 11:51 AM
    The 9900 is definitely a big upgrade from 9700 in all aspects but two, battery life and no af. I too came from 9700 and am still happy with the upgrade.

Battery issue can be remedied by getting an extra battery or just having a charger or car charger with you. However, there is no remedy for the lack of AF.

Thus, if the absence of AF is not an issue to you, I say go for the 9900.

Goodluck
    03-13-12 11:59 AM
    Good battery life and heavy use of bbm and web browsing and the occasional calls. Thinking about getting the 9900 but I heard the battery life is horrible.. I'm thinking about the Torch. But I got no idea what to get..
    The only battery drain I've seen on my 9930 is when I Bridge my playbook and stream stuff. But, I'm not a heavy BBM user. If price isn't an issue and you don't already have one, I would suggest getting a PlayBook now or when the 4G ones come out in a couple of months if your main focus is web surfing and BBM. The phone choice will depend on if you want a keyboard or not. The 9930 keyboard is wonderful.
    03-13-12 11:59 AM
    Going to the store & playing with as many BB as you can is the only way to make a sound discussion. Do your research & homework before pulling the trickier.
    03-13-12 12:22 PM
    They're all great phones. You could compare the features of each on BlackBerry.com.

Ex. The 9900, with its current camera, can't 'see' small QR codes, where the Torch can

Ex. The 9900 has NFC, the Torch doesn't

Ex. ppi is higher on the 9900 (287) compared to the Torch (253)

Ex. The 9860 has the best screen for media and web browsing
    03-13-12 10:24 PM
    I am currently using a 9900 and am actually quite pissed with it. I don't have any added apps, I do have about 10 different emails connected - work related. The battery life is aweful and I know there are many threads about this.

When I was with the 9780, my problems were less.

My biggest issue is that OS7 doesn't have the new eBay, Paypal, and Chase app along with other great apps
    03-14-12 03:56 PM
    What kind of blackberry should I get I can get any one that I want price is not a problem. I had bold 9700 it was fairly good and battery life but I want to upgrade.

I'm looking for a Blackberry that can:

Get the 9810. Large screen size and good camera with autofocus.

The 9900 is buggy. Stay away from it.

All the new crop of Blackberries have very poor battery life. I have a charger at home, one in the car and one at the office for my Blackberry. As well, I have a spare battery. And I am not a heavy user. The more apps you have running in the background (ie. weather, sports scores, news, Facebook, Twitter, etc) and the more email accounts you have, the faster the drain.

The battery in the 9810 is very small so you don't notice it in your pocket.

The 9810 is the best Blackberry I have ever owned, ignoring battery life.
    03-14-12 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD