How is Kim still using the Bold in 2016?
    I mean there's nothing wrong with it but surely Blackberry would of at least sent her phones in the past to upgrade it. This is probably a lot of the younger people think Blackberry is still stuck in those days with the OS7 because they thinking she can't upgrade it. Lol. If she had the Classic or Passport (why would you send her a touch screen phone when she clearly wants a pkb) for free from Blackberry I'm sure she would at least use it a few times.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    08-05-16 07:08 PM
    Apparently she already has the Classic and the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 07:45 PM
    Maybe she prefers something more pocketable like a Q5 or Q10.
    Really can't blame her. Bold 9900 is still a solid device.

*ME173X
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-05-16 10:01 PM
    Well it seems like Alex Thurber is sending her a DTEK50 to try out. In my opinion, that's a mistake from BlackBerry. The DTEK50 is like any other android slab with just some extra BlackBerry features. Also it doesn't even have a keyboard that Kim is HUGE fan of. Alex should've convinced her to go for the Classic or the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    She seems to have a Priv that is gathering dust, much like the space between her ears.
    RoseBud68, TGR1 and fkornre like this.
    08-05-16 10:34 PM
    I'm confused. People actually believe tons of people are going to run out and get a Blackberry because Kim K likes them?
    This is free marketing promo, you know how much BlackBerry will pay for her if they assign her formal like once BlackBerry did with alicia keys and I love how BlackBerry react to her ""We're here for our customers and loyal fans �*and I've got Kim covered," said*BlackBerry*senior vice-president Alex*Thurber.*

Posted via my Z30 white STA 100-2 / 10.3.2.2836
    08-06-16 03:29 AM
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...erry-1.3707172

Looks like BlackBerry is going to help her get a new device after all.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah love this and this is what BlackBerry should do
    ""We're here for our customers and loyal fans �*and I've got Kim covered," said*BlackBerry*senior vice-president Alex*Thurber.*"

Posted via my Z30 white STA 100-2 / 10.3.2.2836
    08-06-16 03:30 AM
    This it the BEST time to roll out a new PKB model of blackberry .. Give her something to try along side the priv and classic ... I think that BB has to spend a bit of money to keep her using the newest phone for a year or so and see how that pans out in the marketplace ... I think money well spent if they can keep the attention on it ... She's quite good at product placement .. How about a priv style commercial with KIM K starring all wet and soapy .. But this time .. in colour ..
    Companies pay her hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars to promote their stuff, and usually her tweets and Instagram stuff is clearly basically a commercial for some product.

But she tweets about BlackBerry for FREE, and equally as important, she genuinely loves their product (Bold).

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 03:44 AM
    I'm confused. People actually believe tons of people are going to run out and get a Blackberry because Kim K likes them?
    People buy her clothes and apps and all the other stuff she slaps her name on, you just can't put anything about her fans, for better or for worse..

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 03:45 AM
    They might be sending her the next android with a pkb, it didn't say exactly what device they would send her, Alex was just plugging

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 04:50 AM
    BlackBerry should have her advertise their new line of android devices and watch the sales roll in!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 05:15 AM
    Apparently.
    Ronindan and TGR1 like this.
    08-06-16 06:04 AM
    BlackBerry should have her advertise their new line of android devices and watch the sales roll in!

Posted via CB10
    She already has, and if they turn it into official advertising then it loses force, particularly for a product that most people are resistant towards..

'she's only using it/advertising it because she's getting paid' rather than it being on the value the product brings

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 06:05 AM
    I'm sure she doesn't want an android phone as she has her iPhone for apps and other fun stuff. My recommendation would be a Classic as it's the next best after the Bold!

Posted via CB10
    Clever of Thurber to mention DTEK50 but it was obviously little more than a marketing ploy on his part. They should partner with Kim on the release of a new BlackBerry "Kim K signature edition". Who needs Porsche? I can see it already...a new BlackBerry Mercury option in rose gold with 100MP selfie camera. Just make sure it can be neatly tucked into a purse.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    ruhban likes this.
    08-06-16 08:14 AM
    Well it seems like Alex Thurber is sending her a DTEK50 to try out. In my opinion, that's a mistake from BlackBerry. The DTEK50 is like any other android slab with just some extra BlackBerry features. Also it doesn't even have a keyboard that Kim is HUGE fan of. Alex should've convinced her to go for the Classic or the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I swear idiots like him are what have caused BlackBerry to end up where it is today. It's the little things that matter!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-06-16 01:23 PM
    Clever of Thurber to mention DTEK50 but it was obviously little more than a marketing ploy on his part. They should partner with Kim on the release of a new BlackBerry "Kim K signature edition". Who needs Porsche? I can see it already...a new BlackBerry Mercury option in rose gold with 100MP selfie camera. Just make sure it can be neatly tucked into a purse.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    Omg even better! Wow please BlackBerry use your brains and listen to the community!

08-06-16 01:24 PM
    POOR KIM!!! I feel her pain *sniff*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-06-16 04:08 PM
    Omg even better! Wow please BlackBerry use your brains and listen to the community!

The community doesn't have consensus on anything. Do you perhaps mean just listen to the people who think like you?
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-06-16 04:44 PM
    The community doesn't have consensus on anything. Do you perhaps mean just listen to the people who think like you?
    A true Scotsman member of the BlackBerry community would never pass up such a great opportunity!
    ruhban likes this.
    08-06-16 04:53 PM
    I swear idiots like him are what have caused BlackBerry to end up where it is today. It's the little things that matter!

Well he's a new member of the BlackBerry team but I don't see any success coming out from him to be honest. Guess only time will tell!

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    08-07-16 12:21 AM
    Why is everyone under the assumption that she has never tried a BB10 device? For someone as die hard a Blackberry fan as she is I highly doubt she is unaware that they have other devices since the Bold.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-07-16 10:10 AM
    I don't think Alex thurber is an id.iot.. He is doing a good job.. If its Chen we would have heard nothing from him.. The guy wouldn't give a rats A**.. Thurber is communicating with people and was quick to say the PKB is here to stay when some idiots in the press said its the end of BlackBerry's Keyboard (Although they know a new device with a PKB will be released).

If thurber didn't say anything he would've been heavily criticized here in CrackBerry for saying nothing.. Shaking my head really, you can never win with people here.. Regarding Kim trying the Classic, Passport and Priv.. I'm 100% she played with all of them.. There are pictures out there for her with a Priv, Q10 and even a classic.. She said before that she doesn't like the new devices very much and something about the Passport being too big..

She loves her Bold and that's that.. She is also doing the whole tweets thing for attention.. Come on who are we kidding here, The Bold is all over Ebay, even being sold new on amazon.. She makes me feel that her Bold is the last bold on planet earth.. For God's sake I can still get a new Nokia from 2006, let alone a bloody 2011 device.. Kim is Kim and she longs for attention.. So lets not overthink & over-analyze the whole thing.. The Average person can buy the Bold, she can buy enough of them to last until 2099.. So what are we discussing here?!
    donnation likes this.
    08-07-16 04:38 PM
    08-07-16 05:51 PM
    I don't think Alex thurber is an id.iot.. He is doing a good job.. If its Chen we would have heard nothing from him.. The guy wouldn't give a rats A**.. Thurber is communicating with people and was quick to say the PKB is here to stay when some idiots in the press said its the end of BlackBerry's Keyboard (Although they know a new device with a PKB will be released).

If thurber didn't say anything he would've been heavily criticized here in CrackBerry for saying nothing.. Shaking my head really, you can never win with people here.. Regarding Kim trying the Classic, Passport and Priv.. I'm 100% she played with all of them.. There are pictures out there for her with a Priv, Q10 and even a classic.. She said before that she doesn't like the new devices very much and something about the Passport being too big..

She loves her Bold and that's that.. She is also doing the whole tweets thing for attention.. Come on who are we kidding here, The Bold is all over Ebay, even being sold new on amazon.. She makes me feel that her Bold is the last bold on planet earth.. For God's sake I can still get a new Nokia from 2006, let alone a bloody 2011 device.. Kim is Kim and she longs for attention.. So lets not overthink & over-analyze the whole thing.. The Average person can buy the Bold, she can buy enough of them to last until 2099.. So what are we discussing here?!
    And this statement should end the thread. Well said.
    08-07-16 07:42 PM
    The classic seems like the only logical path, but if she has tried and doesn't think it lives up to the bold heritage I don't know what to say.

Via the Classy Classic
    08-08-16 05:26 AM
    Yeah that'd be pretty good. I've usually got a popular opinion - I always find that what I think, others also think. I'm not being nasty, it's just what I've noticed.

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-08-16 11:37 PM
100 1234