What the BBM should be able to do is to import easily all your active contact from other messaging apps like whatsapp and viber.

This should be easy to do. Those contacts that do not have already BBM installed on their phone would be prompted to download it on their app store. Those that do have it would receive automatically an invitation the usual way.

It is currently too difficult to add new contacts and BBM should make this process easier.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-24-14 01:39 PM
    What the BBM should be able to do is to import easily all your active contact from other messaging apps like whatsapp and viber.

This should be easy to do. Those contacts that do not have already BBM installed on their phone would be prompted to download it on their app store. Those that do have it would receive automatically an invitation the usual way.

It is currently too difficult to add new contacts and BBM should make this process easier.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree with you that BBM invitation process is too difficult or isn't straight forward. I said that before and some people think otherwise.
    02-24-14 01:48 PM
    That is exactly what I hate about the other IM clients, but to each their own

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:17 PM
    If such a "feature" should ever find its way into BBM, I really hope it will be some OptIN feature so I don't suddenly get all the noisy crap broadcasts from twitter/facebook users.

As a new feature, I would like to be able to BLOCK all incoming broadcasts, - and not having them pile up or anything... any broadcast coming while I'm in a no-broadcast mode- just skip them... 99.99999% of all broadcasts I get are nonsense - 99% are from Android users... not sure if there is a connection there... :-)
    02-24-14 03:02 PM
    iT'S PART OF THE THE SECURITY AND PRIVACY love it

The Pin is just the pin no contact, no 06 number, no name, adres or email. Nothing.

Only a pin and a Nickname . It's the most private and secure app in the world

So stop complaining about how difficult it is because it's not . I have almost 90 people (work, friends and family) and al saying it's little bit odd but it is a great app and some complaining they wanted the app in black
    02-24-14 03:10 PM
    Euh bbm just encrypting your messages with Triple DES 168-bits encryption's algorithm so it s not a security problem because a key code can be sent for confirmation to an email adress (like code on blutooth device) ... I think it's possible to invite as this way but It's not a good maner to have client FOR BLACKBERRY . Ps if you don't have BES you don't have enough security than other people.... the only thing encrypt OR PROTECT In your PHONE is THE MESSAGES ON BBM. I just hope see BBM (encryption massages and secure) on Facebook one day like a chat app very very secure and unknown to everybody.... and unknown by facebook.

I am sorry for my English-speaking.

Running leak 10.2.1.2102
    02-24-14 03:28 PM
    An option for links to social apps and email could be made in to an option. On the other hand, I find the difficulty argument to be quite stupid (in general, not towards OP). Considering you'll be using it for years, why hate on a couple of seconds to input a PIN. People want stuff to just work without them having to look into it. They'd rather have third parties looking into it (all data on the phone).
    02-24-14 03:36 PM
    iT'S PART OF THE THE SECURITY AND PRIVACY love it

The Pin is just the pin no contact, no 06 number, no name, adres or email. Nothing.

Only a pin and a Nickname . It's the most private and secure app in the world
    As part of the Android & iPhone BBM apps, which have SIP-TLS security, can a snoopy IT sysadmin watching over a WiFi be able to read BBM chats/messages?

The organization that I work for has a WiFi that is monitored by IT sysadmin. Many colleagues have joined into using BBM on their Androids and iPhones. The reason is BBM seems to be the most secure messaging app that is professional, clean, fast, ad free, stable and outstanding collaboration communication tool. And, with BBM channels and BBM phone have become amazing additions for project team members and their families during out of town conference trips. I'm digressing.*

Now some colleagues are asking if the WiFi IT sysadmin can see/read our BBM messages. The company IT takes great pride in their prowess in monitoring of emails and online activity and they (IT) say they can see/read/monitor everything.

Do you have any idea/info if the BBM app for android & iPhone is secure from snoopy IT eyes over WiFi?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-24-14 09:31 PM