As I am due for an upgrade in a few months, I have been looking to get away from a touchscreen of my 9860 and back to the QUERTY keypad on the 9930. I like the processor speeds of the 1.2 and the other improvements that have come with the OS7 platform as well. After looking at and researching the various devices, (budget doesnt allow for the new Porsche design) I have come to the conclusion that the keypads are getting smaller by the minute. Are their models that are wider that have slightly larger keys than others? Any input would be appreciated ... And yes, I do tend to use my playbook more than my phone for just this reason.
    01-23-12 10:20 PM
    what kind of research into the 9900/9930 did you do exactly? specifically pertaining to the keyboard? i suggest you look again
    01-23-12 10:35 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930: 5 things you should know Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

In fact, even though the keypad on these two smartphones may look similar to that of the BlackBerry Bold™ 9000 smartphone, it actually has 5% more surface area.
    Harley Kid likes this.
    01-23-12 10:49 PM
    what kind of research into the 9900/9930 did you do exactly? specifically pertaining to the keyboard? i suggest you look again
    Yes, I like the touchscreen (although its not a necessity) as well as the physical keypad. I am unsure if a 2.6 in. (66 mm) phone is a standard build size for most/all BB devices. I am hoping that devices are released slightly wider with the BB10 and carry a full QUERTY as well. I have three children chomping at the bit to "help" me find a new home for my current 9860, should I decide on a new device.
    01-23-12 10:50 PM
    The 9930/9900 have the biggest keyboards around. It is a Cadillac of keyboards. I don't think you can go wrong with that phone minus other issues which may be small to you, but holding me back currently. It is a nice device though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Harley Kid likes this.
    01-24-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD