Bold 9900 7.1 bundle 921

Just when I thought it was a thing of the past (on the old 9780) I noticed quite a bit of keyboard stutter today. The only change I have made lately was to add Poynt. Anyone else noticing this?

I hate like H*ll to remove Poynt..it's a really nice app.
    07-26-12 10:44 PM
    Have you tried increasing the key rate?
    07-26-12 11:45 PM
    Keyboard stutter on BB? I've never faced that problem ever.. Sometimes some apps just mess up the phone in the beginning.. So give it a few restarts (3 key keyboard restarts) and some battery pulls..

I've heard once the OS settles with new changes.. it performs better..

Edit.. Isn't your OS bundle really old now? I remember getting a bundle around 1646 if I'm not mistaken..
    blackburberry likes this.
    07-26-12 11:54 PM
    its not going to be a thing of the past, as the underlying design of the keypad is the same. the PCB membranes wear out over time and the once "bubble" becomes worn and flat, creating the stutter.
    07-27-12 01:17 AM
    Battery pull seemed to work.

I don't think I've ever pulled the battery on this so that didn't come to mind initially. It's been problem free since it's purchase late last year.
    07-27-12 02:19 PM
    i had an issue with my BB9900 with the keyboard stuttering or not really working on the entire asdfghjkl row with m and t also giving me issues

after several tests with different OS builds & changing the keyboard settings i ultimately had to replace the keyboard myself

it was very easy and i havn't had a problem since

could just be a hardware issue...
    07-27-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD